Hydaelyn Role-Players
The countdown begins.. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: The countdown begins.. (/showthread.php?tid=3872)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: The countdown begins.. - Brave - 08-24-2013

(08-24-2013, 05:28 AM)Vinrael Wrote: I can see the JP servers fine, but the NA/EU list is doing nothing. Not sure if i should reload and hope for the best or just wait D: Has anyone with this problem actually gotten in yet?
Well I can only tell you that I left the lobby only to have to fight just to get back to the NA/EU server list blank screen. (took maybe 5 reload attempts)

But the list is still blank for me there but fine on the JP servers too.

RE: The countdown begins.. - KitKat - 08-24-2013

I came back here again to post "Why am I updating everyone about what I see? It's not like they care!" but then I got into the game and realized that I posted to say that perseverance will get you in!

RE: The countdown begins.. - Cato - 08-24-2013

Now to begin my journey. I echo what other posters have said - keep trying and you will get past the error messages eventually!

RE: The countdown begins.. - Dubs - 08-24-2013

DC'in like a moogle on Kupo nuts.Frustrated

RE: The countdown begins.. - Cato - 08-24-2013

(08-24-2013, 05:55 AM)Dubs Wrote: DC'in like a moogle on Kupo nuts.Frustrated

I disconnected right at the end of of the introduction scenes, so when I logged on again it restarted the whole thing and won't let me skip it.

RE: The countdown begins.. - Korin - 08-24-2013

I relogged and the server list worked straight off for me. Could have just been a coincidence but I am in now Smile

RE: The countdown begins.. - Aicha - 08-24-2013

Wow it got quiet here since the servers are up. Wink

RE: The countdown begins.. - Algin - 08-24-2013

I'm bit disappointed with both unofficial RP servers - Moogle EU and Balmung. On Moogle just few minutes after it was created, the neverending war between French and English started, with everyone accusing the other side of "it's our home, for our langugage, and yours will not be tolerated".

On Balmung, as always on any RP server, the crusade against "Silly people with silly names" started with all the "Get out from our precioussssss RP server, you morons" (actual quotes). The voices of reason of "there is no RP tag, no naming policy, stop blaming people for playing how they want" and "unless they break the RP, I've nothing against them" were quickly silenced.

So far, I'm really tempted to stay away from RP servers for a month or two, until situation calms down.

RE: The countdown begins.. - Firae - 08-24-2013

Yeah im not gonna lie i havn't met any good rper's yet and balmung is a bit meh at the moment but im sure ill meet someone as the day goes on! im currently in ul'dah and the surrounding areas so find me out !

RE: The countdown begins.. - Nightsha - 08-24-2013

(08-24-2013, 10:01 AM)Algin Wrote: I'm bit disappointed with both unofficial RP servers - Moogle EU and Balmung. ~snip~
Just pointing out that actually Gilgamesh and Balmung are the unofficial RP servers, not Moogle (though I'm sure there is RP on most if not all the servers).

And I think it's a shame people can't just let people be. I mean, even in phase 4 there were people upset over RP-ers "ruining everything" on Balmung. But really, all you can do it just leave the ridiculousness alone, since it will always be there.

RE: The countdown begins.. - Aicha - 08-24-2013

(08-24-2013, 10:01 AM)Algin Wrote: I'm bit disappointed with both unofficial RP servers - Moogle EU and Balmung. On Moogle just few minutes after it was created, the neverending war between French and English started, with everyone accusing the other side of "it's our home, for our langugage, and yours will not be tolerated".

On Balmung, as always on any RP server, the crusade against "Silly people with silly names" started with all the "Get out from our precioussssss RP server, you morons" (actual quotes). The voices of reason of "there is no RP tag, no naming policy, stop blaming people for playing how they want" and "unless they break the RP, I've nothing against them" were quickly silenced.

So far, I'm really tempted to stay away from RP servers for a month or two, until situation calms down.

Well one reason I play on a US server as a European is the constant war of languages in chat. I'm no native English speaker myself but I prefer a server where everyone speaks English and not a dozend different languages even if it is labeled as English server.

Well as for the names, happens all the time. I'm a bit worried about my Miqo'te (seeker of the sun), I saw the post about their names too late. While it's no silly name, it doesn't follow the specific rules for Seeker of the Suns. Hope they will offer a renaming service.