Hydaelyn Role-Players
Calling all Immortal Flames RPers! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Calling all Immortal Flames RPers! (/showthread.php?tid=10080)

Calling all Immortal Flames RPers! - Shizuka - 02-12-2015

So I've been asked to run a Linkshell on Gilgamesh specifically for Immortal Flames RPers. The idea is a general communication channel to link up not only Sultansworn, Brass Blades, general Flames people, but also civilian allies. The trouble is that I've run into a WALL trying to figure out an appropriate name for it! Most of the ideas we've been able to pool together sound "too militaristic to include civvies", "too flamboyant", "too mercenary" and so on. I now turn to all you creative people, because surely SOMEONE out there can think of a good name for a Linkshell like this! Frustrated

Anyone?
Anyone?
Bueller?

RE: Calling all Immortal Flames RPers! - Desu Nee - 02-12-2015

The Timeless Torches.

RE: Calling all Immortal Flames RPers! - Melkire - 02-12-2015

(02-12-2015, 07:14 PM)Desu Nee Wrote: The Timeless Torches.

Too close to Stone Torches.

Balmung's equivalent for what the OP is after is called The Sand Pearl.

RE: Calling all Immortal Flames RPers! - Seriphyn - 02-13-2015

I think it'd be interesting to also call it the Sand Pearl.

RE: Calling all Immortal Flames RPers! - Siha - 02-13-2015

Kindling? Kindred Kindling?

Because they keep the flames going? EH? RIGHT?

...Ok that wasn't as clever as it sounded in my head. Blush

RE: Calling all Immortal Flames RPers! - Erik Mynhier - 02-13-2015

We have a Sand Pearl here on BAL. A play on words, having sand in it, very desert-like, as well as the name for Rosa's cure in FFIV. We had one also named The Immortal Flames, but they both did almost the same thing, organizing GC RP. Since the Immortal Flames pearl was IF only, while the Sand Pearl is general to all Thanalan "Officials" RP (ie, Sworn, Flames, Blades, Tourches, Government Officials, and so on). The broader spectrum of the Sand Pearl lead to it being kept over TIF.

RE: Calling all Immortal Flames RPers! - Titor - 02-13-2015

I think something with "Thanalan" in it would be cool
like "Spark of Thanalan" or something.
Oooh ohh, or "Thanalan's Voices" or "Whispers of Thanalan". I unno.

RE: Calling all Immortal Flames RPers! - Austratus - 02-13-2015

When it gets running, I wouldn't mind joining it with Kroemgarr. Part-time, of course Tongue

RE: Calling all Immortal Flames RPers! - Shizuka - 02-14-2015

Your suggestions gave us the inspiration for "Jeweled Sands"! Thanks a ton guys, I really appreciate the input ^^ And the LS is up and running now, so send me a tell in game for an invite. It's an IC LS, so I'd love to do some RP behind getting people invited, but I'm working every day for the next week so we'd have to plan to make time for that ^^