Hydaelyn Role-Players
New to the RP community! :) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New to the RP community! :) (/showthread.php?tid=10095)

New to the RP community! :) - LoreleiLarkin - 02-13-2015

Hi everyone,

I recently just transferred my character over to Balmung in order to try and interact with the RP community Smile I've always been an avid writer and thoroughly enjoy both roleplaying and final fantasy -- so why not mix the both?!

I'm currently new to the world so am not currently a member of a linkshell or free company, but I do hope to be should I find one that suits me and, more importantly, welcomes me in.I look forward to meeting and roleplaying/playing with as many of you as I can in the near future!

As for my character...

[Image: Lorelark_zps3eb0f809.jpg]

NAME: Lorelei Larkin
RACE: Miqo'te Keeper of the Moon
BRIEF BACKGROUND: Discovered, abandoned, as a baby in a river south of Summerford Farms by a friendly Hyur couple. Taken in, the child was not only named as a Hyur, but also raised as one -- the predominant species of the farms being Hyur at the time. Socially quite timid, Lorelei would spend most of his time reading, alone, slowly developing a potent knowledge of Scholary as the years went on. His job on the farm, however, led him into the art of weaving.
For years Lorelei would make basic clothing and accessories out of the shearing of basic fauna around the farms, often becomming a carrier of his wares to and from the capital of Limsa Lominsa to make a small, but welcome, profit for his family and the farm.
As the young adolescent grew into early adulthood, however, his mind wondered into what else was out there beyond the farm. After careful thought, the Miqo'te made his way to the capital of Ul'Dah in order to train and enhance his weaving skills through the local Weaving Guild.
Full of dreams and ambitions, he set out, but was welcomed by a most unpleasant realisation. The city was frequented a lot more by Miqo'te's than his small farm homeland and, as the days went on, the young weaver realized just how different he was to the rest of his species. Not only was he named differently, but his actions, stance and general personality were completely different.
His move had only sparked more questions and doubts. Who was he? What path did he want his life to lead?
In a city busting with life, will Lorelei find his true self, or simply crash under the pressures of a world so different to his own...

RE: New to the RP community! :) - Rosamund - 02-13-2015

Welcome to Balmung!

(02-13-2015, 04:40 PM)LoreleiLarkin Wrote: In a city busting with life, will Lorelei find his true self, or simply crash under the pressures of a world so different to his own.

Aww, bless. I'm rooting for him!

RE: New to the RP community! :) - Kestrael - 02-13-2015

Welcome! Hope to see you around.

RE: New to the RP community! :) - Ligardian Dreamer - 02-13-2015

Hello and welcome!

Congrats on the transfer. And feel free to look over at the Linkshell Hall board for your LS and FC searches!

"May the path in the light of the crystal" be filled with many memories and experiences!

RE: New to the RP community! :) - LoreleiLarkin - 02-13-2015

Thank you all! I'll definately have a look into the ls/fc forum! Can't wait to have some fun with you all and to help develop Lorelei! Excited to find a RP community in FFXIV (I was in Faerie previously and there was completely no RP so I just assumed that was the general until I heard of Balmung/Gilgamesh! Smile)

RE: New to the RP community! :) - Faye - 02-13-2015

Hello there, welcome to Balmung! Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. You're welcome to check us out! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested. Also, I'm glad to RP anytime! Say hello sometime in game!

RE: New to the RP community! :) - LoreleiLarkin - 02-16-2015

Thank you! Oh I just looked at your FC and I'm very interested! It definately looks like a group Lorelei would be a part of!