Hydaelyn Role-Players
Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) (/showthread.php?tid=10320)

Pages: 1 2

Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-25-2015

Hello all!

I'm considering creating a new LS for gritty crime and drama RP. I have a few tenets that I'd like to keep, and I'm wondering what people think.

1) Character Death is Allowed

2) Alts only. - The plots that might happen in this LS would likely put most characters firmly in criminal territory. I'd prefer if people used characters they weren't afraid of losing or of being hated ICly. Also this community has a tendency to chase around criminals and stuff OOCly, so they never have a chance to RP without getting ambushed. If alts are used, people can always go back on their main for some lighthearted RP.

3) Over 18. - Dark and adult themes will likely come up in the course of the LS, think the level of Game of Thrones or House of Cards. Drugs, Murder, Sex, etc.

Aside from that, the LS would provide a safe space for the less traditionally good to congregate, and a place for people to request foes for some of their RPs.

Questions? Concerns? Interest? Let me know!

RE: Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) - Telluride - 02-25-2015

I might be interested - I have a cadre of characters in an upcoming story post that operate in a shadier sort of capacity, and who are not 'evil' so much as more interested in their goals than any silly thing like morality, collateral damage and public endangerment. If nothing else, they would be quite interested in possible working with crystal smugglers.

RE: Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) - Volk - 02-25-2015

Love it! Haven't had a chance to properly invoke my inner horrible person since I've been playing FFXIV! I also made a ton of alts the other night because ambien doesn't work. Anywwwwwwwwwwwwwwayys, this seems cool. I'll keep an eye on this thread!

RE: Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) - ChewableMorphine - 02-25-2015

(02-25-2015, 03:00 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote:  I'd prefer if people used characters they weren't afraid of losing or of being hated ICly. 

Are you implying my main is liked at all? Count me in yo. Flynt the Hyena loves his loansharking.

RE: Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) - N'velhi Tia - 02-25-2015

I'd be interested in this! While not technically a villain, my wholly killable main character deals in contraband and has no real moral compass.

RE: Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) - Faye - 02-25-2015

That sounds great to me; I have an alt I'd love to toss in!

RE: Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) - Sophia_Grave - 02-25-2015

(02-25-2015, 03:00 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: 1) Character Death is Allowed

What does this mean? Other people will be able to kill my character at their discretion, or that I would have the decision to allow my character to be killed? I feel like the latter would go without saying.

RE: Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) - Unnamed Mercenary - 02-25-2015

I know Franz would be accustomed to hanging around these unsavory sorts. Death makes things a little complicated. (Although I'm not particularly adverse to it, provided it's gone through proper development).

I could always donate a particular alt (Unnamed Mercenary) as a nice throw-away villain for repeat use. ...one day I'll level him up to 50 so he can be dressed all pretty-like.

RE: Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) - Faye - 02-25-2015

(02-25-2015, 04:18 PM)Apl_Juice Wrote:

What does this mean? Other people will be able to kill my character at their discretion, or that I would have the decision to allow my character to be killed? I feel like the latter would go without saying.

It says "allowed" and not "required" or anything of that sort... so I'm guessing that means it's okay for characters to die/kill and it's encouraged if the situation arises, but hopefully not "necessary?" My character's a Voidsent so I'm okay with her "dying" and being sent back to the Void for a couple months or so RL time... but permadeath is not really preferable for me at this point. x_x

RE: Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) - Flickering Ember - 02-25-2015

I'm interested as I have an upcoming alt that, while I don't really consider 'evil' per say (or a criminal for that matter) definitely dips far into 'villain' territory. However, considering I haven't even started RPing with her yet, I can definitely say I'm not interested in permadeath. At least not initially.

RE: Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-25-2015

(02-25-2015, 04:18 PM)Apl_Juice Wrote:

It means that you would be willing to consider permadeath for your character. There is something strange about the RP community that permanent death needs to be specified. As opposed to all those non-permanent types of death.

Anyway, It's also why I suggest alts. This would be more for smugglers, thieves, bandits, mercenaries, drug dealers, assassins, etc etc. Not really like epic hi tier magical craziness.

RE: Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) - Divisor - 02-25-2015

(02-25-2015, 04:26 PM)Faye Wrote: It says "allowed" and not "required" or anything of that sort... so I'm guessing that means it's okay for characters to die/kill and it's encouraged if the situation arises, but hopefully not "necessary?" My character's a Voidsent so I'm okay with her "dying" and being sent back to the Void for a couple months or so RL time... but permadeath is not really preferable for me at this point. x_x

Yeah, I think I'm with you on this one. I'm good with permadeath being something everyone can be open to, but I think I'd like my character alive.

I'd be willing to join since I'm on the hunt for criminal RP all over the place, but I have no alts at all and permadeath's the only thing about this LS that worries me a little. I guess that's why it's alts-only.

RE: Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-25-2015

Haha, just to be clear, I'm not saying everyone has to. I'm just saying it should be on the table.

It's refreshing! Having a character die, everyone should try it!

RE: Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) - Divisor - 02-25-2015

(02-25-2015, 04:56 PM)Natalie Mcbeef Wrote: Haha, just to be clear, I'm not saying everyone has to. I'm just saying it should be on the table.

It's refreshing! Having a character die, everyone should try it!

Oh, I've done it before! I guess in that instance, though, it was of my own discretion. The character(s) died when I wanted them to and that's about as far as it went.

Death is the only thing I get apprehensive about in RP because it can't be undone without being off-putting. You can kick my character's ass up and down the street and he'll at least get better after a while.

RE: Scum and Villainy (LS Interest Check) - Sophia_Grave - 02-25-2015

Ah, I see! In that case, I may as well parrot Franz in saying that I'm open to it, so long as its developed and such! I hope this gets off the ground, Nat!