Hydaelyn Role-Players
Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style (/showthread.php?tid=10790)

Pages: 1 2

Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style - Zaheela - 03-25-2015

So... Uhm. I'm not sure how well this will go (People who know me can guess how I think this will go), but...what is there to lose?

We have a whole lot of Artists on here, so why not share one drawing pad? Lets all create a scene here! Nothing serious, nothing epic, something silly and fun, for the sake of drawing. I'm not looking for your best work, nor wish for this to turn into a "I-DRAW-SO-MUCH-BETTER-THEN-YOU" Ego fest, just something we all can throw out there for Shantottos and giggles.

How does this work? It should be simple (then again....)
First off I provide a base image.
[Image: nWjiayv.png]
(Link to Current image Here)
I'll update this image every so often to reflect the most "current"version as well.
Yes...that is a Katamari....

Then the rest is up to the rest of the community. Draw anything. Your reaction to the scene (what happens to all the items we "delete" from inventories), your reaction to another person, a stick figure, a Muscle-comparing contest, random doodle in the corner. There's no limit to what you can add. Any angle, any style, just... draw. LETS CREATE RPC CHAOS PEOPLE!

But I suck at drawing! It's embarrassing!
So? have you SEEN my drawings? I'm not even in the same continent as the best artists out there (we all know who they are... put that pillow down Ilwe!) The point to this isn't to show off your style, it's to just draw.

But I don't draw in the same style!
Then draw in your own unique style.

...No really, I really can't draw. I don't have a tablet/no artistic skill...
Stick figures count? But if you have an idea but still think you can't draw anything, feel free to pm an friend to add it on for you! As long as it's your idea, add it. (this may also be an attempt to get people talking to...maybe). If you can only scan it, that's fine. Poke me (skype/tumblr/pm, whatever, I'm open to talking to you people honestly) and ill add it to as close as possible. Just try to provide the cleanest scan you can.

(I doubt this will happen, but...) There's no more room.
... *enlarges the canvas*

Are there any rules?
Some, but they aren't too bad.
  • Keep all drawings at a tentative rating of pg-13 please . Silliness is fine, but keep this clean-ish people
  • No erasing/altering someone else's work without permission. If you want to draw a character interacting with another person's, ask before assuming!
  • Try and sign your work somewhere
  • If possible, try to keep your drawings in a different color as your neighbors. Just to keep it clear whose doodle is whose
  • If two images overlap in a space, I will create the final result image for that stage.
  • HAVE FUN. This isn't meant to be an ego-contest, nor a target for trolls. If I find you purposefully hurting someone's feelings, I will "undo" your addition
  • Please keep this on the RPC. Mentioning it on tumblr is fine, but pictures tend to ...uh..... mutate and get lost there.
  • If this thing gets so big that it kills modems, I'll close it down and start a new image.
  • While you can draw more then once, do not hog the space! No one likes sitting next to the guy who steals your armrest; Same applies here.
  • Do NOT heckle/pester artists into adding things for you. We all have a horrible addiction called FFXIV Arh-piingus. Treatment is usually long and time consuming, so being forced to draw on command when you are suffering another bout isn't going to make it fun for anyone

...also if anyone knows of a place to put a digital shared art space, please tell me. I think it'd be easier for everyone if I could find one...

RE: Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style - Duskwright - 03-25-2015

This sounds like It'll be fun! if I can ever get around to working up the courage to art, I may participate. @w@ I'm looking forward to seeing people add things and stuff to this. *sips tea while waiting*

RE: Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style - Lady Portia Bartel - 03-25-2015

Weeeeeeeeeee (Link to new image)

[Image: XcIVuBt.png]

RE: Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style - kamenkuro - 03-25-2015

[Image: BcqnYes.png?1]
Full image
This was fun

RE: Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style - Lady Portia Bartel - 03-25-2015

omg so cute

RE: Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style - Aduu Avagnar - 03-25-2015

I hope I can build up the confidence to add to this, Imma terribad at the artsing.

looking adorable so far Big Grin

RE: Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style - Cliodhna Eoghan - 03-25-2015

dear gods rhea.....is that a katamari??? O^O *calls space left of said katamari*

RE: Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style - Zaheela - 03-25-2015

(03-25-2015, 08:28 PM)Nakoli Chalahko Wrote: I hope I can build up the confidence to add to this, Imma terribad at the artsing.

looking adorable so far Big Grin

(03-25-2015, 04:14 PM)Zaheela Wrote: But I suck at drawing! It's embarrassing!
So? have you SEEN my drawings? I'm not even in the same continent as the best artists out there (we all know who they are... put that pillow down Ilwe!) The point to this isn't to show off your style, it's to just draw.
  • HAVE FUN...

My point still stands =w= *hugs*. (and yes, that is a Katamari... with a mog suit wearing prince)

RE: Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style - salads - 03-26-2015

[Image: KuakwnM.jpg?1]

Big Grin

RE: Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style - Aduu Avagnar - 03-26-2015

(03-25-2015, 09:06 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: dear gods rhea.....is that a katamari??? O^O *calls space left of said katamari*
someone doesnt seem to get your dibs Tongue

RE: Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style - Aduu Avagnar - 03-26-2015

[Image: 4RrpYnc.png]

So I bit the bullet and added a little Memevachi waving a wrench at people.  and yes, I know my scaling is off Tongue

RE: Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style - Meena - 03-26-2015

I... I very much want to add in gin tickling a Miqo'te's ears.

RE: Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style - Cliodhna Eoghan - 03-26-2015

(03-26-2015, 03:04 AM)Nakoli Chalahko Wrote:
(03-25-2015, 09:06 PM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: dear gods rhea.....is that a katamari??? O^O *calls space left of said katamari*
rhea and salads helped me fix it cause they're so amazingly dapper ;p
[Image: bdWthD4_zpswwko0iew.png]

also whoo for 900th post OuO

RE: Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style - salads - 03-26-2015

(03-26-2015, 05:09 AM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote:
(03-26-2015, 03:04 AM)Nako Wrote:
rhea and salads helped me fix it cause they're so amazingly dapper ;p
[Image: bdWthD4_zpswwko0iew.png]

also whoo for 900th post OuO

Yes, I'm so dapper Heart. (Rhea did all of the work though ^^)

"Edible threat detected! What do you do?!"
A. Eat it.
B. Limit Break it.
C. Fluff it and cuddle it
D. All of the Above

RE: Art Round Robin: FFXIV Style - Ilwe'ran - 03-26-2015

Do you have a higher resolution of it Clio ?
And don't forget to sign it !