Hydaelyn Role-Players
Anyone have/getting Bloodborne? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Anyone have/getting Bloodborne? (/showthread.php?tid=10802)

Pages: 1 2 3

Anyone have/getting Bloodborne? - SicketySix - 03-26-2015

If so what do you think so far?

I just downloaded it last night but haven't played it yet.

Kind of curious to see what it's like. I never played any of the Dark Souls games, but this game appears very much like that.

I also love they dark tone they went with in this game (going by screenshots only) but I'm also fascinated with the era that the game is set in.

If anyone wants to attempt coop with me, shoot me a pm here or add me on PS4 at HillbillyHoser

RE: Anyone have/getting Bloodborne? - D'eshel - 03-26-2015

I'm kind of annoyed that this game has even -more- cheap ways to kill off the player. Now I don't mind difficulty in games, I just hate it when it feels so fake and forced like it sometimes tends to do in the Souls' series and even moreso here.

Other than that, I'd say it's... well, good. It certainly isn't a revolution, it certainly is a Dark Souls game but with a diffrent skin and some new combat gimmicks, so if you haven't enjoyed that, don't bother with Bloodborne, because this is exactly the same kind of pie.

RE: Anyone have/getting Bloodborne? - Aaron - 03-26-2015

All I have to say is 3 words.

F***. Those. Wolves.

RE: Anyone have/getting Bloodborne? - D'eshel - 03-26-2015

(03-26-2015, 09:50 AM)Aaron Wrote: F***. Those. Wolves.

word

RE: Anyone have/getting Bloodborne? - SicketySix - 03-26-2015

Are you referring to the wolf thing you meet at the beginning of the game?

RE: Anyone have/getting Bloodborne? - Cato - 03-26-2015

I may check it out eventually. It's on my list of games that intrigue me enough to play at some point but I have so many other games to distract me at the moment that I've decided to hold off on buying it for now.

(03-26-2015, 11:49 AM)Graeham Ridgefield Wrote: I may check it out eventually. It's on my list of games that intrigue me enough to play at some point but I have so many other games to distract me at the moment that I've decided to hold off on buying it for now.

The only games i have to play really are Diablo 3, (which I've 100% completed on my old ps3,) Call of Duty Advanced Warfare, Ffxiv, and now Bloodborne, so my plates not really that full.

RE: Anyone have/getting Bloodborne? - Kurt S. - 03-26-2015

Well I like it at least of course the fights seem simpler....or I could have just gotten used to it after beating DS DkS and DkSII. Oh yeah the backstep is your bestfriend in this game and if you didnt know catch the enemy mid attack with your gun and you stagger them for a couple of seconds. Though I still haven't figured out what other conditions need to be met for that since it does not work all the time just most of the time. And if you take damage you can lifesteal that all back by smacking your opponent...and as long as the orange bar is still there.

Also the locations look pretty and dark and pretty dark and creepy as shit when you manage to start branching out of Central Yarnham. Did I mention some of the enenies look like the stuff of nightnares?

And since you haven't played any souls game well let me tell you this...if it doesnt die in two hits back away and try again in the next opening. Do not be greedy on the offensive. Also backstep is your friend use it well and study the enemy animations and see what does what and where. But above all else be prepared to cry and die and rage a lot. Take a break if its getting too much and all. 

There is also a way to cheese the fight with two wolves on the bridge. Suppose you come in from the plaza thingy right. Run past em and keep your eyes to the left you'll see a small path that leads to a house. You'll know it's the path to the house because there's a torch guy standing by the entrance. Get in the house, kill the sword guy and the axe guy on the 2nd floor then the torch guy that follows you in. Now take your longest reaching melee weapon and smack those wolves that can't get in due to the doorframe being small. Easy 900ish echoes.

Also you have like a 2 second window after every enemy combo or heavy attack where you do considerably more damage.

Now to pass out.

How are the random dungeons?

(03-26-2015, 12:19 PM)Kuruttou Suttirru Wrote: Well I like it at least of course the fights seem simpler....or I could have just gotten used to it after beating DS DkS and DkSII. Oh yeah the backstep is your bestfriend in this game and if you didnt know catch the enemy mid attack with your gun and you stagger them for a couple of seconds. Though I still haven't figured out what other conditions need to be met for that since it does not work all the time just most of the time. And if you take damage you can lifesteal that all back by smacking your opponent...and as long as the orange bar is still there.

Also the locations look pretty and dark and pretty dark and creepy as shit when you manage to start branching out of Central Yarnham. Did I mention some of the enenies look like the stuff of nightnares?

And since you haven't played any souls game well let me tell you this...if it doesnt die in two hits back away and try again in the next opening. Do not be greedy on the offensive. Also backstep is your friend use it well and study the enemy animations and see what does what and where. But above all else be prepared to cry and die and rage a lot. Take a break if its getting too much and all. 

There is also a way to cheese the fight with two wolves on the bridge. Suppose you come in from the plaza thingy right. Run past em and keep your eyes to the left you'll see a small path that leads to a house. You'll know it's the path to the house because there's a torch guy standing by the entrance. Get in the house, kill the sword guy and the axe guy on the 2nd floor then the torch guy that follows you in. Now take your longest reaching melee weapon and smack those wolves that can't get in due to the doorframe being small. Easy 900ish echoes.

Also you have like a 2 second window after every enemy combo or heavy attack where you do considerably more damage.

Now to pass out.

Awesome, thanks for the tips! Looking forwarding to trying this game put tonight!

RE: Anyone have/getting Bloodborne? - cuideag - 03-26-2015

I am really looking forward to picking this up, but I need a PS4 first. Dang if this wasn't an exclusive... Sad Been watching some friends play here and there and it looks fantastic! Really loving the atmosphere.

RE: Anyone have/getting Bloodborne? - Melkire - 03-26-2015

(03-26-2015, 12:19 PM)Kuruttou Suttirru Wrote: ...if it doesnt die in two hits back away and try again in the next opening. Do not be greedy on the offensive.

This. This so much.

I was a sucker for Dark Souls (loved that game so much, have yet to play II) and let me tell you, take this advice to heart.

RE: Anyone have/getting Bloodborne? - Cest - 03-26-2015

I've been pretty addicted to it the past few days now. Kinda has been cutting into my FFXIV as I tend to lose track of time. I've not had a chance to try a Chalice Dungeon yet but I may pop one up later today and report back.

RE: Anyone have/getting Bloodborne? - Aaron - 03-26-2015

The first boss has killed everyone here at least 10 times.

Discuss. . .

RE: Anyone have/getting Bloodborne? - ProvaDiServo - 03-26-2015

Two words.

PISTOL PARRIES!

Did not die to first boss at all.