Hydaelyn Role-Players
I love all of you - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: I love all of you (/showthread.php?tid=11010)

Pages: 1 2

I love all of you - Seriphyn - 04-08-2015

In the spirit of bizarre self-centered threads that have just imminently cropped up (and by threads I mean thread), I have decided to post my own. I just wanted to say that despite the scrutinious shit I give to certain habits and tropes in the FFXIV RP community (catboys, edgelords, etc.), I actually love each and every one of you.

I am consistently impressed by the quality of posting here and level of insight within. Just when I think I have something along the lines of "Ha! That'll show 'em!", someone comes along and posts a reasonable and kind retort which offers a new angle to the subject that I didn't see before. Not all of such opinions are based on a cold logic; some are sourced more from our feelings and emotions as players, which help to ground a debate and remind that this is a video game for enjoyment that does not necessarily need an ideological crusade to exist within the narrative of its playerbase.

That being said, in defence of "elitism", for myself at least, it is done because of a passion for the world and community, and the quasi-metaphysical energy that exists in groups of strangers who share a common interest. After all, in a democracy, you scrutinize because you love democracy, and want to see it better. And yet, despite my terrible attempts to come off as an academic logician well-versed in the intellectual battle of wits, I am quite thin-skinned and more emotions-based than I would care to admit! 

Which brings me to my closing point. I know plenty former players who dismiss the FFXIV community as overly sensitive, thin-skinned, and emotional. But you know what? The inverse of that is an extremely welcoming and warm community who is happy to discuss the most mundane points of roleplay with anyone who happens to be musing inane thoughts that day, to entertain whatever agonies people have about their character or their roleplay. There are many names that immediately come to my mind when I think of people helping others in overcoming what might actually be a minor RP problem.

I don't know, it's just whenever I sit back and think about it, this place is great. Then again, I come from EVE and have never really been part of this sort of RP community before, so this might very well be the equivalent of a vapid pedestrian being impressed by a mediocre guitarist playing Wonderwall. I don't think that necessarily changes anything. 

Likewise, I'm not going to stop being critical of things (I'm still trying to grow the balls to post how there may or may not be a whitewashing of Miqo'te lore), because I believe a constant highlighting and scrutiny of issues prevents the festering of unhealthy echo chambers and...er...other bad buzz words surrounding group habits. I think I have to step back and be grateful of the grace from the RPC community, because I certainly haven't found myself either ostracized or wanting of RP despite aggressively uncensored posting on my part.

Which is, again, a credit to you all.

RE: I love all of you - Warren Castille - 04-08-2015

Kale go home your drunk

RE: I love all of you - Y'lani - 04-08-2015

We love you too!

:reserved space:

RE: I love all of you - SicketySix - 04-08-2015

Closing point = 14 paragraphs later lol

RE: I love all of you - g0ne - 04-08-2015

I did not read all of that, but we all love you too, Kale. :3

Sometimes you enjoy arguing and getting into fights and being critical the most with people you love the most. But that doesn't mean you don't love them.

And Warren, he's not drunk, he's managed to post a very plausible and wordy post. Drunk people are too drunk to do that! :O

RE: I love all of you - Melodia - 04-08-2015

Even though we've butted heads in the past, still love you too. *hugs*

RE: I love all of you - cuideag - 04-08-2015

Why is the text so huge?

Quality posting my foot!! Bomb

RE: I love all of you - Seriphyn - 04-08-2015

(04-08-2015, 01:07 PM)cuideag Wrote: Why is the text so huge?

Quality posting my foot!! Bomb

FML my phone. Fixing.

1st EDIT: FML WHAT'S WITH ALL THE PARAGRAPH SPACING.

RE: I love all of you - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-08-2015

(04-08-2015, 01:06 PM)Eleni Wrote: I did not read all of that, but we all love you too, Kale. :3

Sometimes you enjoy arguing and getting into fights and being critical the most with people you love the most. But that doesn't mean you don't love them.

And Warren, he's not drunk, he's managed to post a very plausible and wordy post. Drunk people are too drunk to do that! :O

You'd be surprised! Some of my best posts are while slightly intoxicated! (Some IRL friends also swear that writing reports while drunk gts them done faster).

To answer the text thing, copied from google docs or a phone notepad?

RE: I love all of you - Seriphyn - 04-08-2015

Yay I fixed it T_T

Yeah, was posting from phone...was having a lie-in, so the OP is full of hazy, 'still-haven't-woken-up-yet' indiscretions.

Not that I have any regrets :E

RE: I love all of you - g0ne - 04-08-2015

(04-08-2015, 01:10 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(04-08-2015, 01:06 PM)Eleni Wrote: I did not read all of that, but we all love you too, Kale. :3

You'd be surprised! Some of my best posts are while slightly intoxicated! (Some IRL friends also swear that writing reports while drunk gts them done faster).

To answer the text thing, copied from google docs or a phone notepad?

Oh, what the hey! 

What matters is that WE WUV YOU, KALE! 

Come on, Franz, say it with me. Sing it for Kale. Sing to him that you love him! :3

RE: I love all of you - Spethah - 04-08-2015

I'll only love you lot when you stop kicking me out of dungeons because I said something that pretty much boils down to "You might want to try a little harder" or "Be a tad polite, please.".

I do love you guys, well most of the ones I know at least. Have some hearts and cuddles and what not. If I don't know you then geez maybe we should meet up and then I can give you hugs and whatever you consider as sending out love. I've just had a terrible introduction to the community and I've only gotten to meet the people that want to make my gaming time miserable. Doesn't help I'm a blunt and honest person that no one likes.

Mmm small words are delicious. But no, you're all pretty cool from what I've seen.

RE: I love all of you - Nebbs - 04-08-2015

Well in my dyslexic scan of the wibbly shapes and a TLDNR approach to life..

Awwww you love us, we love you too.. can we haz RP?

RE: I love all of you - Dogberry - 04-08-2015

(04-08-2015, 01:10 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: You'd be surprised! Some of my best posts are while slightly intoxicated! (Some IRL friends also swear that writing reports while drunk gts them done faster).

"Write drunk, edit sober."

RE: I love all of you - Nebbs - 04-08-2015

(04-08-2015, 01:14 PM)Dogberry Wrote: "Write drunk, edit sober."

There I saved you more time