Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello everyone! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello everyone! (/showthread.php?tid=11092)

Hello everyone! - Lamia - 04-13-2015

I'm brand new to the game, and actually still on my trial account until Friday when I upgrade to the full version! I've heard a lot of good things about the rp community here, and after a friend linked me to the website I just had to sink my teeth in. xD I'm quite excited to get to meet, and perhaps even rp with all of you over on Balmung! I'm a rather avid roleplayer (RP addict, not seeking rehab) so if you ever feel like interacting with my character Solarin, feel free to give me a poke on So'larin Tia in game! Big Grin

RE: Hello everyone! - SicketySix - 04-13-2015

Welcome to the RPC!

I may be mistaken but any interaction with you might be quite limited what with all the trial restrictions and all. Do trial accounts allow /tells and /say?

RE: Hello everyone! - Nebbs - 04-13-2015

Welcome..

Checkout the Linshshell list for suitable shells (like a chat channel) and Free Companies (like a guild). There are penalty to suit many tastes.

I guess you like the game? Maybe you could tell us a little more abut what sort of RP you like, and what other RP experience you have had?

RE: Hello everyone! - Lamia - 04-13-2015

There are unfortunately a lot of restrictions on the trial accounts. I can't party with anyone, I can't send tells, I can't trade, to name a few. But I can speak in /say and do /emote posts so I've been role-playing where I can. Even just idly posting by myself to see if any interested individuals might join me or come up and interact.

So far though, I've really enjoyed all the game has to offer. Coming from Wow, Wildstar, and Aion as my past experiences I'm really loving the fact that this game doesn't -feel- like an Mmo but rather a single player RPG in terms of it's storytelling. I'm also loving the class/job system, the way armor and RP gear is handled, the chocobo's (and everything you can do with them), the landscape and world. I also found triple triad today, so I have yet another in game addiction to add to my belt.

In terms of Rp types I enjoy? I'm an addict, and gobble up whatever rp opportunities I come across, though I get the most enjoyment out of story, and character development based RP. Plot lines, long term story lines, things that challenge my character and either evolve or solidify their views and personalities. I enjoy being involved, and a part of something rather then just keep to the standard meet-and-greet at the bar, though I do that on occasion to ensure I meet new people!

My rp experiences have been plentiful. Far too many to count considering RP has been a past time of mine for the last 15 years or so. I've done everything from run guilds, working as an officer, managing an RP community, to just having fun writing and experiencing stories with all my role-play partners over the years. Rp to me? Is like a book with nothing on the pages. You write and write to make the pages turn, and you never know what will happen next, or who the characters might meet that will open more doors of opportunity for them.

RE: Hello everyone! - SicketySix - 04-13-2015

As long as you can /say, that's all you really need, so disregard everything I've said lol

You sound like you will be an asset.. lot the bidding commence Smile

RE: Hello everyone! - Lamia - 04-13-2015

Bidding? ;~; -squeak-

I'm unsure how to get started within the RP community here though, any suggestions? I'm already working on a Role player wiki page for solarin, which is... Here! It's in progress so there is barely any info on it at the moment. x_X I'll be chiseling it out daily regardless!

RE: Hello everyone! - Rosamund - 04-13-2015

Hello and welcome! Good luck on the wiki, they can be a massive time sink once you get rolling on them haha. Big Grin

(04-13-2015, 05:04 PM)So Wrote: Bidding? ;~; -squeak-

I'm unsure how to get started within the RP community here though, any suggestions? I'm already working on a Role player wiki page for solarin, which is... Here! It's in progress so there is barely any info on it at the moment. x_X I'll be chiseling it out daily regardless!

Just jump in on the fun. Also Linkshell & Free Companies.. see the list in the tab at the top of this page. Just find some that attract you.

RE: Hello everyone! - Faye - 04-13-2015

Hello there, welcome! Big Grin It's good to have you here!

RE: Hello everyone! - ChewableMorphine - 04-13-2015

(04-13-2015, 04:55 PM)Nebbs Wrote: You sound like you will be an asset.. lot the bidding commence Smile

(04-13-2015, 05:04 PM)So Wrote: Bidding? ;~; -squeak-

One hundred grand on the Tonb-A Team.