Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Looking for Female Romantic Interest OR a Female Bawdy friend! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Looking for Female Romantic Interest OR a Female Bawdy friend! (/showthread.php?tid=11196)

Looking for Female Romantic Interest OR a Female Bawdy friend! - Taedrinnar - 04-21-2015

I have a character that i love to death. My first ever FFXIV character, and he's been sitting on a shelf for awhile.

The reason being is, he has a great story, and a good background, he has classes i love to play, and everything i generally want in my main character....

But i gave him a quark, as i do all my characters, and his is... The socially inept researcher.

Over time, the characters story grew, and became entertaining, but he never got past his quark, never had a chance to develop it farther, or leave it behind. In the end, that plus most of his RP friends leaving made me put him on a shelf.

Recently I've been getting my characters ready for Heavensward, and that included him, and I'm remembering how much i love this guy. I want to make him my main again, i want to bring him out and Rp with him, but I'm not going to risk falling into the same rut. So without farther ado....

https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Alekse_Sevantai

Alekse has a great story, starting as an orphan on the streets of Limsa, taken in by a foster father who was an arcanist guild member. The profile has his life story. Feel free to browse thought it.

The gist is, as a bookworm, he never spoke to or interact much with females. He had a crush on a Moqu'te named Yarris Rowe who saved his life, and he swore to be her squire to repay her. Rowe is getting married soon, and while Alekse is happy for his friends, he's also sad that the woman he's crushed on for so long is settling down with someone other then him.

So here's what i'm looking for.

I'd like to meet either a female who would play a romantic interest, someone to slowly, gently coax him out of his shell and lead him to becoming the stronger, more confidant person I know he can be..

OR

Go and shove him in the deep end. Give him a bawdy, rowdy female friend that speaks like a sailor and has no problem poking fun of his shyness and bringing it out at every turn, a sort of 'Aversion therapy' approach where the idea is to drowned him in what he fears until he has no choice but to get over it.

Take a look at his profile, see if he might be right for you!

Notes:
50 Black mage, Summoner and Scholar, working on white mage, Astrologist for Heavensward.
Inept at physical combat. -could- be trained but it would be a long, daunting process and his trainer would need a saint's patience.
Will retreat from female interaction if given a chance.
Loses all shyness and hesitation when speaking on subjects he dominates, such as research, magic, aether and such.

RE: Looking for Female Romantic Interest OR a Female Bawdy friend! - Hyakki - 04-21-2015

Scholarly Lominsan Giraffe? We should talk.

My character is happily married so there wouldn't be a chance of romance and she doesn't quite fit the 'bawdy ladyfriend' role but comes kinda close? She is pushy, but patient and firmly believes being thrown in the deep end is the best way to learn anything. Perhaps she can help him find a lady, learn to fight or learn to fight ladies. She has served as a bodyguard for scholarly types in the past which sparked an interest in the past civilizations of Eorzea so that might be something they can bond over.

RE: Looking for Female Romantic Interest OR a Female Bawdy friend! - FloriaRaine - 04-21-2015

I have a couple of characters i'm working on that might fight the 'bawdy' friend approach. One of them being a punch bound doman monk, and the other being a fiery Xaela Au Ra (once heavensward approaches, until then she's that weirdo wearing a bunch of heavy robes). Contact me on Floria, or i'll try and find you while i'm leveling my alts if you're interested.

RE: Looking for Female Romantic Interest OR a Female Bawdy friend! - Adeya - 04-21-2015

Raised by arcanists huh? We should probably talk. My character Adeya was a member of the arcanist guild for a few years (she joined about two years before the Calamity), so there's a decent chance they might have run into each other at some point, even if only briefly.

Anyway, while I really can't promise romance and Adeya's not really bawdy (little too sardonic for it), she's a very firm believer in that the best way to teach someone is to throw them into the deep end. And if they did end up as friends (they are both bookworms, so that's something at least), she'd probably find him being that shy annoying enough to try and help him do something about it.

RE: Looking for Female Romantic Interest OR a Female Bawdy friend! - Kurt S. - 04-21-2015

(04-21-2015, 06:44 AM)Adeya Wrote: Raised by arcanists huh? We should probably talk. My character Adeya was a member of the arcanist guild for a few years (she joined about two years before the Calamity), so there's a decent chance they might have run into each other at some point, even if only briefly.

Anyway, while I really can't promise romance and Adeya's not really bawdy (little too sardonic for it), she's a very firm believer in that the best way to teach someone is to throw them into the deep end. And if they did end up as friends (they are both bookworms, so that's something at least), she'd probably find him being that shy annoying enough to try and help him do something about it.

I can attest to this. Adeya is Spartan as shit. 'Hey you know what's a good way to learn how to use your Carbuncle? Let's throw you at some Galagos in the La Noscea and I'll laugh as they bruise you all over' *NOT ACTUAL WORDS BUT YOU GET THE GIST*

RE: Looking for Female Romantic Interest OR a Female Bawdy friend! - Taedrinnar - 04-21-2015

awesome, Ill keep my eye out for each of you! And if there is anyone else who wants to pile onto the embarrass alekse train feel free!

RE: Looking for Female Romantic Interest OR a Female Bawdy friend! - Gwenneth - 04-21-2015

Hello there!  

While I have a strict policy of never planning interpersonal relationships, Reima happens to be an upbeat person who moonlights as an aetherial researcher, and also happens to be looking for other scholars of the magical and historical vein (in my own attempt at interacting more).  I'd frankly love a chance to meet Alekse, so feel free to hit me up!

RE: Looking for Female Romantic Interest OR a Female Bawdy friend! - Taedrinnar - 04-22-2015

Had a lot of fun meeting some of you, still looking forward to meeting the others!