Hydaelyn Role-Players
Ready..... FIGHT! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Ready..... FIGHT! (/showthread.php?tid=11294)

Pages: 1 2

Ready..... FIGHT! - Erik Mynhier - 04-25-2015

They said its not planned for release so they are just being asshats by releasing this vid but oh well. Thread and vid..... enjoy.

Thread

RE: Ready..... FIGHT! - Maril - 04-25-2015

Watched it live, it was so awesome. It's a shame they said it was just a joke xD

RE: Ready..... FIGHT! - Qhora Bajihri - 04-25-2015

Sabisu sabisu!

[Image: Y4V9GQf.gif]

I'd play it. ;_;

RE: Ready..... FIGHT! - Bryn - 04-25-2015

I'm not exactly a Thancred fan, but 4:10 was hilarious.

RE: Ready..... FIGHT! - allgivenover - 04-25-2015

Oh good, I was just on my way to make this topic.

RE: Ready..... FIGHT! - Wymsical - 04-25-2015

Y'shtola continues to be the absolute best. I'm still willing to accept all the Scions being alive because she'll be there too. Alisae, come back to us.  ;_; I miss having both of the giraffe babies around.

The ending is almost too accurate.

RE: Ready..... FIGHT! - cuideag - 04-25-2015

Yda, my love, do not worry. We believe in youuuuu~

RE: Ready..... FIGHT! - Chris Ganale - 04-25-2015

As per usual, Minfilia does nothing.

Damn though, if you could import your character data this is a fighting game I'd actually play.

RE: Ready..... FIGHT! - Steel Wolf - 04-25-2015

I love how the devs are able to have fun like this with their game's assets...and that they're allowed to do so, besides. That was a fun video.

Also, I love how the devs are aware of the meta surrounding their characters. Minfillia taking all the credit was sublimely accurate.

RE: Ready..... FIGHT! - Harmonixer - 04-25-2015

(04-25-2015, 03:36 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: I love how the devs are able to have fun like this with their game's assets...and that they're allowed to do so, besides. That was a fun video.

Also, I love how the devs are aware of the meta surrounding their characters. Minfillia taking all the credit was sublimely accurate.

They had to know the wrote a character that is generally not well received.

I enjoyed it, it made me cringe a little when it came to the actual combos- that's more to do with my own background in the genre though. I laughed and appreciated them even sharing in the first place. I hadn't heard a lot of those characters in their original voice work.

Papalymo is my boy, LET'S TAKE 'EM TO CHURCH!

RE: Ready..... FIGHT! - Melkire - 04-27-2015

YDA USED ONE-ILM PUNCH.

It's almost entirely worthless in-game at the moment, but man oh man do I ever love the animation for it. So graceful. Cry

RE: Ready..... FIGHT! - Desu Nee - 04-27-2015

Yda OP as fuck pls nerf Squorenix

EDIT: Also Minfilia does absolutely nothing and takes credit. 11/10 Would Commendate.

RE: Ready..... FIGHT! - Erik Mynhier - 04-27-2015

I think there may have been some hidden gems. All the attacks were attack animations that are in game. Not all the motions, but when HP was damaged, the motions she made were of the same stock animations.... all but one. The avoiding backflip, reminded me of the Elusive Jump but for the Monk. The only reason I thought to look for hidden treasures was after every scene of her I have ever seen, they start her fight with her bare handed, and I though "Oh that must be a nod to the Emporer's new "monk weapon" they said was coming... if so what else is in here?"

RE: Ready..... FIGHT! - Erik Mynhier - 04-27-2015

(04-27-2015, 01:58 PM)Erik Mynhier Wrote: I think there may have been some hidden gems. All the attacks were attack animations that are in game. Not all the motions, but when HP was damaged, the motions she made were of the same stock animations.... all but one. The avoiding backflip, reminded me of the Elusive Jump but for the Monk. The only reason I thought to look for hidden treasures was after every scene of her I have ever seen, they start her fight with her bare handed, and I though "Oh that must be a nod to the Emporer's new "monk weapon" they said was coming... if so what else is in here?"

Double post I know but I went back and watched the benchmark video and I found the backflip there too! During the last scene that shows all the new skills and the DRG LB, you see the Monk pull off a new attack and then after avoid a counter strike by the dragon by back flipping away, using the same animation as Yda used in the fighting game.

Back flip at 7:05..... don't blink or you'll miss it.

RE: Ready..... FIGHT! - Steel Wolf - 04-30-2015

Ooooo, I did NOT notice that! Sharp eye, Erik! Big Grin

Dammit, I keep watching the Benchie but can't pick out all the new shiny from it. It feels like I'm still missing something somehow.

...at least that's the excuse I feed my husband when I keep playing the thing. o3o