Hydaelyn Role-Players
Post your Macros! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Post your Macros! (/showthread.php?tid=11471)

Pages: 1 2 3

Post your Macros! - Desu Nee - 05-04-2015

Who doesn't love macros!? (me)

I do plan on levelling other classes, and I find browsing the internet for macros really painful, so please please post your useful macros for everyone! (morespeciallyforme)

RE: Post your Macros! - Mikh'a - 05-04-2015

Lol all of my macros are based on hover healing. Just hover your mouse over an avatar, or a name, and you'll heal them. They're all exactly the same, except the names of the spells are changed.

Code:
/ac "Cure" <mo>
/macroicon "Cure"

I guess I have a couple of other ones though. This one changes bars between dps and heals based on whether or not I'm dpsing or healing, since I have too many heal spells to smoosh dps spells on the same bar.

Code:
/macroicon "Cleric Stance"
/ac "Cleric Stance" <me>
/hotbar change 4

/macroicon "Cleric Stance"
/ac "Cleric Stance" <me>
/hotbar change 1

And then the standard eye for an eye or resurrection macros. One day I'll give them flavor.

Code:
/p Used Eye for an Eye on <t>!
/p Casting Resurrection on <t>!
/a Raising <t>!

RE: Post your Macros! - Erik Mynhier - 05-04-2015

What don't I macro. I have made them for everything from complex combat, simple combat, signaling (very useful), hells I even have anime style magical transformations. What ever you need I can macro that for you.

RE: Post your Macros! - Spethah - 05-04-2015

I don't have a single macro for blm, I find them pointless. I got a swiftcast raise macro and that's it.

RE: Post your Macros! - Enla - 05-04-2015

Mine aren't anything special honestly. [ ] - Indicates that I'm using the translator, if you actually use this take it out and replace it with the proper ingame indicator.

Code:
/party [Swiftcast] used! "Time to move it!"
/ac swiftcast
/wait 60
/party [Swiftcast] is now available!

Wait /60 is there because in the past I have had trouble with people assuming I was able to Swiftcast + Raise them when I truly was not able to do so. This way it tells people when I have the ability once more and prevents some of the griping I saw in the past... Somewhat.

Code:
/ac raise
/party "Take that foot out of the grave!" ( [Raise] used on <t>!)

Just a simple R[/quote]aise macro. I found it's better to separate Swiftcast and Raise, but that's just me.

(05-04-2015, 02:49 PM)Cylin Wrote:
Code:
/ac swiftcast
/wait 60

Wait /60 is there because in the past I have had trouble with people assuming I was able to Swiftcast + Raise them when I truly was not able to do so. This way it tells people when I have the ability once more and prevents some of the griping I saw in the past... Somewhat.

Holy CRAP that is useful. Excuse me while I take that.

(05-04-2015, 02:55 PM)Mikha Wrote:
Code:
/ac swiftcast
/wait 60

Sometimes it doesn't like to work sadly, the wait text that is and it's usually after I myself die, but most of the time it works perfectly fine. If anyone could suggest a way to make it better and more fool proof, I'd really love to hear it!

(05-04-2015, 02:59 PM)Cylin Wrote:
Code:
/ac swiftcast
/wait 60

Sometimes it doesn't like to work sadly, the wait text that is and it's usually after I myself die, but most of the time it works perfectly fine. If anyone could suggest a way to make it better and more fool proof, I'd really love to hear it!

I'm going to mess around with it a bit, so if I come up with anything I'll definitely let you know. It's brilliant nonetheless.

(05-04-2015, 03:13 PM)Mikha Wrote:
(05-04-2015, 02:59 PM)Cylin Wrote:
Code:
/ac swiftcast
/wait 60

I'm going to mess around with it a bit, so if I come up with anything I'll definitely let you know. It's brilliant nonetheless.
I can't take credit for it. xD I yoinked it much the same. Still if you could find a way to improve it I'd love to hear it!

RE: Post your Macros! - Shizuka - 05-04-2015

My most used macro is my raise/rez macro. It's set up that it will work regardless of which healing class I'm on.

Code:
/micon Raise
/p Damnit, man, I'm a doctor, not a torpedo technician! (Insta-raising <t>!) <se.11>
/ac Swiftcast
/wait
/ac Raise
/ac Resurrection
/wait 60
/p Swiftcast Raise is ready! Feel free to die again! <se.14>
/echo Swiftcast Raise is ready! <se.14>

I do also use a summon macro for every type of summon I do, which makes it look like my fairy (or carby, ect) comes from blowing a kiss.

Code:
/macroicon "Summon"
/ac "Swiftcast" <me>
/wait
/ac "Summon" <me>
/blowkiss motion

My RP trade macro:

Code:
/handover
/wait 1
/trade

And then I have two macros to switch my HUD over to something more....RP friendly.

Code:
/lfm
/hotbar display 10
/hud "Duty List"
/hud "Party List"
/hotbar display 2
/hotbar display 1
/hotbar display 3
/hotbar display 7
/hud "Status Effects"
/hud "Cross Hotbar"
/hud "Parameter Bar"
/hud Minimap
/hud "Experience Bar"
/hud "Inventory Grid"
/hud "Main Menu"

Code:
/hotbar display 4
/hotbar display 5
/hotbar display 6
/hud "Enemy List"
/hud "Gil"

And my marking macro for when I'm tanking. It's a little twitchy sometimes, so I'm always prepared to remark if I need to.

Code:
/mk attack1
/focustarget
/ac "Target Forward"
/mk attack2 <t>
/target <f>

RE: Post your Macros! - C'kayah Polaali - 05-04-2015

I mainly just play as a healer, so the macros I use are healer-oriented. Aside from the obligatory raise macro, I use target-of-target macros for my offensive spells:

Code:
/macroicon "Aero II"
/ac "Aero II" <tt>
/ac "Aero II" <t>

This will try to cast on my target's target, falling back to casting on my target if this is not possible. This lets me target the tank and heal them, throwing in DPS spells against their target without having to retarget. It also works fine for soloing.

And because I'm a smartass, I use a provoke macro if I'm tanking:

Code:
/macroicon "Provoke"
/say Over here, motherfucker!
/ac "Provoke" <t>

RE: Post your Macros! - Warren Castille - 05-05-2015

While I used it a lot more in FFXI, I find the /echo command very useful for a lot of things, from reminding myself when abilities are up to leaving myself a placeholder if I need to step AFK from a roleplay with a lot of scroll cough Grindstone cough.

You could take this macro

/ac swiftcast
/wait 60

and make it

/ac swiftcast
/wait 60
/echo [Swiftcast] is now available!

then after 60 seconds, you'll get a visible-to-you-only line saying Swiftcast is up.

I tend to shy away from macros in XIV, but I'm wondering if they fixed some of the stumbling points XI had. You used to not be able to have two /wait portions going on at once, for example. If I had a macro that was

/ac Thing
/wait 10
/echo Thing Ready!

and another that was

/ac Thang
/wait 10
/echo Thang Ready!

and hit them within a GCD of each other, the command on Thing would be overwritten and there would only be a Thang echo. Now that I'm at work and unable to play with this myself, I'm curious.

I only have two macros that see any use, and those are Provoke and Hallowed Ground. The inability to buffer commands with macro use makes me not want to use them for attacks.

RE: Post your Macros! - ZacharyVolfire - 05-05-2015

While adventuring Zachary foudn this mystic tome. A bible for the Great King Moogle Mog XII in it various scriptures when read bestow healing abilities upon his allies.

My Scholar Macros, ill post my ninja War and Smn ones later.

/say "And so the Great King Moggle Mog XII -may his pompom point towards the dawn- Thy soul shall heal and sheild thy neighbor,kupo! Mognificent Mogtome 1:7"
/macroicon "Summon"
/action "Swiftcast"
/wait .5
/action "Summon"

/say " And when there is light there shall be darkness! To light this dark silence and boost his allies! So his Royal Pompom Decreed. Mognificent Mogtome 13:6 "
/macroicon "Summon II"
/action "Swiftcast"
/wait .5
/action "Summon II"

/micon "Limit Break"
/action "Limit Break"
/say "PRAISE BE UNTO THE KING LET HIS WORD BE KNOWN FAR AND WIDE HALLEJUAH! Mognificent Mogtome 99:01"

/micon "Blizzard II"
/say "And when the burning summer gripped his people Great King Moggle Mog XII -may his wisdom never dwindle- Used his magic to cool his masses Mognificent Mogtome 18:23"
/action "Blizzard II"

/micon "Stoneskin"
/say "With the ironwill of royalty Great King Moggle Mog XII- may he shield us from all harm- used his power to protect his fellow Moogles from harm. Mognificent Mogtome 37:12"
/action "Stoneskin"

/micon "Eye For An Eye"
/say "Recieve of my body, <t>! Let my strength become yours! Said -his most holy fluffiness- Great King Moggle Mog XII. Mognificent Mogtome 15:1"
/action "Eye For An Eye"

/say "In his anger Great King Moggle Mog XII cursed the pompomless one with the vile incantation. Mognificent Mogtome 5:37"
/macroicon "Virus"
/action "Virus"

/say "Then the Great King Moggle Mog XII -may his glorious name live forever- said let the light of the gods protect thy bretheren. Mognificent Mogtome 7:23 "
/action "Protect"
/micon "Protect"

/micon "Shadow Flare"
/action "Shadow Flare"
/say "The darkness in Moogle hearts are tainted by the sins of man. However Great King Moggle Mog XII -may his heart be ever welcoming- Cleansed the dark! Mognificent Mogtome 19:3"

RE: Post your Macros! - Unnamed Mercenary - 05-05-2015

(05-05-2015, 08:25 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: Things and Thangs

I know at least when I use crafting rotation macros (for the ones that can be like 2star or below), macros will cancel each other out. If you start one macro and use another, only the second one keeps going. ...I have "cancel macro" macros, which are just macros with crafting instructions and skill requirements. (so I can easily switch between different tiers)

--

The only macro for combat I really make use of is one for a swiftcast raise.

--

OTHER IMPORTANT NOTE! (Because I find it really important to say)

Please for the love of all that is good (or bad if that's your style), DO NOT put your fancy text before your actions. Why? Because when one spams their macro hotkey/button/etc as one is wont to do, it floods the chat. Add a sound effect and I can promise there's a person who get horrible eye twitching from the following.

I JUST DID A THING <SE.1>
*thing actually happens now that the skill goes off*

Alternatively, try a macro like this:
/ac "thing" <target>
/party I JUST DID A THING <SE.1>

Then, spam away. It won't actually go through until your skill does, AND you can get fancy text!

RE: Post your Macros! - Cato - 05-05-2015

I don't actually have any at the moment. I won't rule out the possibility of using them in the future - especially when additional abilities are added - but currently I don't really struggle to use the stuff on my action bars effectively.

I did use a lot back in WoW but that was mostly because I felt that the game's combat wasn't nearly as smooth and efficient as FFXIV's is. It helps that FFXIV doesn't completely change how a class works with each new major content patch.