Hydaelyn Role-Players
Fashion Show Contest - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Fashion Show Contest (/showthread.php?tid=11485)

Pages: 1 2 3

Fashion Show Contest - Gar - 05-05-2015

The XI:7 Corporation is Proud to Present
The Eorzean Fashion Show Contest

Do you consider yourself the most stylish among your peers? Have you ever wanted more people to see that outfit you put together? The Eorzean Fashion Show Contest is just the thing for you. Enter and see if you've got what it takes to win one of our fantastic prizes.

Our panel of judges will score three different categories: casual wear, swimwear, and formal wear. 11 men and 11 women will be selected to compete in the contest. After two categories, the final 5 from each gender category will be selected to show off their final outfits.

First, second, and third prizes will be awarded to the top scoring contestants of each gender category. The grand prize winners will also be invited to act as guest judges of the next contest.

==OOC INFO==

How To Enter

We will be selecting 22 contestants from screenshots sent into us. You may post the pictures here on the thread, or send them via PM. The entrance category will be casual wear. If you are selected, you may present a different casual wear outfit for the contest should you desire. There will be a number of "waitlisted" entries that may enter the contest if one of the selected contestants does not show up to check-in the day of the contest. Your Free Company, race, or any other factor will not be considered when selecting contestants. It is based on how well you dress whatever character model you have.

Event Information

Date: May 17th
Time: 12:00 PST, 3:00 EST (Contestant check-in will be one hour prior to the start of the event)

We are looking to fill a few miscellaneous roles for the event. Bouncers to keep the peace and answer questions to attendees as needed. If anyone is found to be heckling or verbally abusing any of our contestants, they will be removed. Photographers to take screenshots of the event while we run it. An Announcer to read short contestant bios as they take their first walk.

This section will be updated later with more information on what we need and who we have volunteered.

Judging

Host Judge: Garryson Shipkeeper
Guest Judge:
L'yhta Mahre
Guest Judge: Sasari Sari

Show Content

Show Content

Show Content

Each category outfit will be judged on a scale from 1-10 by each judge. After the first two categories, there will be a short deliberation and score tallying. From that the 5 finalists from each gender category will be selected. In the result of a tie, the contestants who tied will be asked to come back up to the panel and shortly describe why they picked their outfit. Another vote will be held among the ties, and a decision will be made.

The finalists will be scored only on their last category. In the result of a tie, the judges will deliberate and make a decision for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Sponsorship

While XI:7 will be providing the prizes, we are opening it up to the community for sponsors at the event. Depending on what we receive as prize donations (Gil, Items, etc.) we will divide those sponsor prizes into the 6 winners, most of which will go into the grand prize. Any prize donated must be able to be split among the male/female prizes. There will be no difference between prizes earned by the male or female gender categories.

Sponsors of the event will be mentioned during the contest, and may have a short "commercial spot" to get up and do whatever (within reason). Free Companies may advertise for their company, or individual sponsors can go up and finally ask out that guy/gal they've had a crush on. As long as its appropriate and pre-approved, the time is yours.

XI:7 WILL NOT be keeping anything donated. Everything will go to the winning contestants. We are not here to sell RP, we are here to give back to the community and have some fun.

This post will undergo several updates as the event grows closer. Check back periodically to see what has changed. (An Edit Log will be kept.)

RE: Fashion Show Contest - Maril - 05-05-2015

I might be able to help out as a bouncer/announcer, depending on what you need. I just need to doublecheck the time Smile

RE: Fashion Show Contest - Nadine Marteau - 05-05-2015

Here's my submission for my character, Rosette Montiel:

[Image: 35145935c4.png]

[Image: c73d53a887.png]
[Image: e78759abbd.png][Image: f412b372f7.png]

RE: Fashion Show Contest - Gar - 05-05-2015

So... We totally forgot it was Mother's Day on the day of the event. To accommodate some of our people and anyone else who have plans that day, we moved it back one week to the 17th. I apologize for the confusion, but on the bright side it'll give more time for entries. Big Grin

RE: Fashion Show Contest - Cliodhna Eoghan - 05-07-2015

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this sounds fuuun!!!!! Big Grin
*scurries off to gather some screenies* x3

RE: Fashion Show Contest - Fox - 05-11-2015

I'll submit a casual outfit tomorrow after I finish working on my final Smile

RE: Fashion Show Contest - Melodia - 05-13-2015

Will be assembling screens for Melodia. for all three. Smile

EDIT: Would help if I read the entry category Tongue

RE: Fashion Show Contest - Augusti - 05-13-2015

Hey there! o/ 

[Image: 91060be2c1.jpg] [Image: 89e64ef611.jpg]

RE: Fashion Show Contest - Xivrez'to - 05-13-2015

This be Xiv =3

[Image: model.jpg]

RE: Fashion Show Contest - Desu Nee - 05-14-2015

Oh nice, maybe I cou-

*Sees everyone outfit*

maybenexttime...

RE: Fashion Show Contest - Arrelaine - 05-15-2015

[Image: 1426952718_arryedit10.jpg]
Arrelaine Fashonti!

RE: Fashion Show Contest - Imo - 05-16-2015

Oh, what the hell. Let's do this.

[Image: mNNx633.jpg]

RE: Fashion Show Contest - Gar - 05-16-2015

Hey everyone! First off, thank you to all who've submitted entries. Its going to be a tough one to judge. We'll be sending out more information to the contestants tonight to be ready for tomorrow.

Unfortunately our participation in the male category is very low. If we do not get at least 3 entries by tomorrow morning, we'll be forced to shut down that half of the contest. We'll try to drum up a couple more entries so we can still hold it.

And a less important note, I went ahead and updated the original post with some pictures wearing the 3 categories. One, so its made absolutely clear of the basic expectation of the category, and two why not? We like to dress up, too.

RE: Fashion Show Contest - Gar - 05-16-2015

One more update! Forgot to actually announce the location. We'll be going to Camp Bronze Lake! For those of you wishing to watch the show, feel free to come in your swimsuits and hang out in the nice water while we hold the event.

RE: Fashion Show Contest - Yuvan - 05-16-2015

I, Zhyalyhe Loeshaksyn will sign up and represent the Roegadyn! Though I surely no chance next to Xivrez'to.

[Image: F6PXuCR.jpg]

This is the only image I have access to right now. D: