Hydaelyn Role-Players
Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 (/showthread.php?tid=1150)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 - Gospel Gestalt - 02-13-2012

Hello, everyone! It has recently come to my knowledge that the server situation is going to be reworked.

I'll repost the ongoing situation here.

----

"Hello. This is Producer/Director Yoshida.

I am sorry for creating problems for everyone with the World Merge.
In regards to the World Merge specifications that were announced the other day, we have received a large amount of feedback from everyone and I would like to share with you the results of our re-exploration of the specifications. Since this is a forum post, and not the specifications itself, this is more of a concept, but until the official announcement is released, please check over these two posts in regards to the direction of the specifications.

■Simple Digest■

The specification overview is an extremely large amount of text, so I wrote out a brief version. If you just want to get a grasp of the content, then please just read over this post.

The foundation of the World Merge will be based on consolidating multiple existing Worlds as below:

A + B = New World

For both existing Worlds, Linkshells, Friend Lists, and Blacklists will remain intact. The Worlds will be consolidated from the current 18 Worlds into 10 Worlds, which includes a completely new World recommended for players in the EU time zone. The 10 new Worlds will have completely new names.

Also, at the same time as the World Merge, we will be temporarily accepting “World Transfer applications,” so if you are looking to change to a new World, take this opportunity to do so.

In regards to character names and Linkshell names, I have written about the handling of those at the end of the next post, so please check it out."

----

Since we are able to keep our LS's friend/black list's. I will have to schedule a time for the re-pearling of the Out of Character LS so new management can go into effect. I've scheduled for the re-make of the shell to occur on February 24th 2012 at 6:00 P.M. (EST) I will hand out pearls and give members pearling status etc. I'm making this post now to give everyone 11 days notice so everyone can be ready to prepare for the re-pearling operation.

I'd like to kindly ask that all current RP LS leaders make a topic on your forums or at least do well to remind your members that the shell will be recreated. I will do my best to send reminders in the last coming days to everyone to try and make sure nobody gets caught by surprise by this.

I'd like to thank you all for your cooperation in advance and if you have any questions you are more than welcomed to post them here or PM me if you have any private concerns.

PS:

I -assume- everyone is going to be staying on this server. That is, unless Yoshi. P in the coming days addresses a specific Server that will be a preferred RP hub - I'm going to be going about things like I stated above. If he does however mention a new Server for us to gather as the RP hub, I will halt this operation and re-think about the re-pearling.

Re: Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 - Ventus Zeruel - 02-14-2012

Thanks for the info Gospel, I;ll be sure to mark this on my calender.

Re: Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 - Gospel Gestalt - 02-19-2012

Just giving a friendly reminder to everyone that this is still scheduled to take place on Friday, February 24th at 6:00 P.M. at the Quicksand (Leve Hub) in Ul'Dah.

Re: Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 - Gospel Gestalt - 02-24-2012

One final to bump to remind people that the Out of Character repearling is today.

The Repearling will take place in Ul'dah Adventurer guild (The leve place) at 6:00 P.M. CST (7pm est) (3pm pst)

The New shell will be called "Intermission."

If you are unable to pick up a pearl at the following time don't worry. I'd like to keep the Out of Character shell active for at least a week, this way we can get everyone into the new shell. So if you're unable to be there at the following time just contact me on the OoC shell or shoot me a /tell and I'll get a pearl to you or get someone in the new shell to pearl you.

I'd like to thank everyone for their cooperation and hopefully this shell be able to hold long enough till S/E adds some darn LS control features. If not, we'll just rebuild once more.

Re: Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 - Smiling River - 02-24-2012

New name? Cry To me it seemed like OOC worked partly because of the simple name. I know you can't have two OOC's heh, so I don't know a way around it save for naming it "OOC" (unless there is a 4 letter minimum for LS names) or "Out Of Character II," other than that, maybe you have some good reasons for the name change.

I wont be around to pick up a new pearl today, so hopefully we'll get in touch somehow.

Re: Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 - Eva - 02-24-2012

I like the new name. It seems to fit with how I use the linkpearl anyway. Like if there's no RP going on at the time or I otherwise need a break from it I toggle the filter and listen in or chatter away a bit. It seems like at any given time there is only a small and oft varying subset of the much larger RP population chatting OOC there anyway. I'm sure there are folks that use it a lot more than I do and the RP is more of an intermission from the OOC, but I think the new name definitely keeps to the spirit of what it is and makes sense for RP.

I'll try to pop over to Ul'dah later on at the indicated time for a new pearl. Thanks for doing this Gospel! :cheer:

Re: Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 - Aysun - 02-25-2012

This is great but I do hope we put in place some ground rules now that we have repearled. I found mysef today warning fellow RPers before I invited them and I was downright embarrassed by the behavior in the shell. Sad

Re: Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 - Selyne - 02-28-2012

I'm not sure if this is the behavior you're talking about Aysun, but...

I was a bit shocked to log in today and the first thing I'm met with is lines of green chat from Intermission repeatedly screaming obscenities and f-bombs.

I realize I'm new to the LS and am doing little more than lurking (so I apologize if I'm coming off the wrong way by speaking up), but is this kind of chat normal? I know that can be off-putting to some people. It's definitely not what I was expecting.

Re: Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 - Verence - 02-28-2012

I was going to ask for a pearl when I found the time to log on sometime this week, but if this is the sort of behavior that is the norm... Forget it, honestly. I'm happy to connect with the larger RP community, but I can't be arsed to suffer perversion, vulgarity, and drama for the sake of a chat. Without respect there can be no meaningful communication - if Intermission cannot self-regulate its radical elements then expect its less extreme ones to not stick around very long... Thus undermining the entire point of the exercise in the first place.

Long ramble short: If people don't want to play nice, nobody will want to play with them.

Re: Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 - Smiling River - 02-28-2012

Agreeing with Verence as per usual.

Not that I am offended by the naughty words, but there is a point where the shell becomes nothing but random chatter about nothing, for a long, long time. (Speaking of /random :p). But yes, if there can be more people speaking up (without being made to look like, you know what, I feel that the atmosphere would lend itself to more RP or RP-based discussion rather than random chat spam.

That said, I don't really think that there should be any hard set rules made. Just a bit of self-regulation.

Re: Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 - Manari - 02-28-2012

I don't usually see too many f-bombs being dropped, but from time to time certain members can tend to get out of hand or become a little overly inappropriate. But it's not really all that bad usually. And if someone tells the people involved to tone it down they normally will comply. Overall I think the LS is a good thing and I'm glad I have it for when my LS isn't active at the moment, since I usually play so late into the night.

Re: Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 - Miyu Asuka - 03-03-2012

Agreed, the ammount of profanity is just getting annoying, in the old days when I created the shell I've put up a rule against that kind of thing with a zero-tolerance. I sincerely hope that Gospel didn't change that allong with the name of the shell which was already perfectly fine and simple.

Re: Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 - Gospel Gestalt - 03-03-2012

I've been giving friendly warnings over the pearl but please understand I can't be on 24/7 if you want me to step the rules up even more and start temporarly booting members for profanity I am okay with this but keep in mind people will become even more agitated if I start enforcing these rules.

As far as I see the only members I've known on the shell to frequently drop the F bomb are Ventus, Leon and Arkine. Now keep in mind these members are RPer's. I will give them a private warning and if this continues I will boot them, but I don't want to hear anyone causing a fit if they are gone. This is what you guys asked for.

If there are any other members that I haven't named that are causing problems like this I'd like you to name them here.

As I have it now I have things set up as this.
1: Public warning to tone it down.
2: /tell warning to let them know for the sake of keeping things civil for the more sensitive members to keep it down.
3: if still unable to comply I will give one final warning. If they choose to make a scene then I will kick them for atleast 24 hours. Please note that many members have pearling status. I'd appreciate it no one would re-invite whoever is kicked until asking my permission. I will also make a list of who was booted and for what reason. These rules sound harsh but remember this is what you all wanted. I expect you to all comply.

I've asked for a list of who's causing trouble, so if someone is causing it aside from the 3 I've stated above then I'd like to see their names mentioned ASAP.

Re: Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 - Merri - 03-03-2012

Fair enough. Problem solved.

Cactuar

Re: Out of Character LS Repearling 2/24/12 - Aysun - 03-03-2012

It was when the shell became an orgy again and I was told I was the problem, not those discussing said things, that I left. A little bit of self control was all that was needed. Good luck Gospel.