Hydaelyn Role-Players
Celebration of the Wanderer - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: Celebration of the Wanderer (/showthread.php?tid=11884)

Pages: 1 2 3

Celebration of the Wanderer - Jancis - 06-03-2015

In Celebration of the Wanderer

[Image: Lp4dLVW.png]

One and all is invited to come give thanks and hear inspirational words in regards to Oschon.

Oschon, ruler of the mountains and god of vagrants, commands the element of wind and is associated with the Third Umbral Moon (sixth month). He is depicted as a carefree ranger wielding a bow of yew. His symbol is the walking stick. Brother of Nald'thal, and close companion of Halone. He was the patron of the ancient cit of Nym.

Event starts at Camp Bronze Lake in Upper La Noscea (X:30 Y:22) on Sunday June 14th at 5:00PM Eastern EDT (Time Converter).

[Image: QIMH0ze.jpg]

For Pilgrims:
  • During the performance, pilgrims are asked to be silent in the public channels. Emotes with /em, /say, and /yell are asked to be held off until the main performance is over.

• Animation and sound emotes are welcomed! Please just turn the text off on them during the performance.

• In lieu of reacting in /em and /say, pilgrims are encouraged to form parties with their friends and groups to react to each other in /p - that should help with the text bloat and keep the reactions more personal and immersed with the main people pilgrims want to interact with.

• Anyone willing to host a "during performance" party for those who come on their own please contact me so I can find you at the event start and get people together to interact and meet. If a group of friends has room in their party and wouldn't mind hosting a new addition, that would be wonderful too. We'll sort it out at the start of the event.

• After the performance, everyone is welcome to use /em and /say and can change parties as wanted.

[Image: ly3DukL.jpg]

Music and stories from some special guest speakers and bards will highlight the evening. After the presentation, everyone is encouraged to mingle, give prayers and thoughts, or partake in the smaller congregations. 

Blessings and wisdom will be given to those who wish in attendance.

Entire main event is planned to last a hour with hosts staying around afterwards for free-form role play.

~While this is a pilgrimage in celebration of one of the Twelve, really would like to express the theme and environment of this event is to come together and have an inspiration evening for each other and on reflection. This night will not have strong overtones of worship and ceremony.~

Performing Guests:
Asmodean Gaidin
Ciel 
Sauveterre
Leanne Delphium
Nathan Telluride
Osric Melkire

Blessers/Sages:
Jancis

Guards:
Coatleque
Chachanji
Siha
Harbingers of Dawn
[Image: Oschon_Icon.png]

RE: Celebration of the Wanderer - Jancis - 06-03-2015

Got this event up quickly because it's less than a two week warning. Blush

If anyone else is close to Oschon, the Wanderer, and would like to partake as a speaker or a blesser please let me know there is room for more people. Please feel free to reply here or PM me with interest and ideas.

RE: Celebration of the Wanderer - Asmodean - 06-03-2015

Asmodean will be sure to make a return as a guard at the very least. If I can write something up worth while maybe even a speaker. Please  for the love the twelve, brain work with me.

RE: Celebration of the Wanderer - Cliodhna Eoghan - 06-03-2015

should be able to make this one too x3

RE: Celebration of the Wanderer - Ciel - 06-03-2015

You already know I'm in. Wink

RE: Celebration of the Wanderer - Mountie - 06-03-2015

(06-03-2015, 11:00 AM)Asmodean Wrote: Asmodean will be sure to make a return as a guard at the very least. If I can write something up worth while maybe even a speaker. Please  for the love the twelve, brain work with me.
Seems like it might be shutting down already old chum, you dropped your "of"...

I jest, but in all honesty, I find that the best pieces written are those that are not forced. Go for a walk (as the Wanderer would suggest) with the thought in your mind, but not dominating it. You might just be surprised what comes to you! And once the piece is written, make sure to not only proofread yourself, but have others do likewise to ensure the mistakes are shored up.

RE: Celebration of the Wanderer - Melkire - 06-03-2015

Looking forward to this! Moogle

Note to self, check out the stone's locale again.

RE: Celebration of the Wanderer - Jancis - 06-03-2015

(06-03-2015, 11:00 AM)Asmodean Wrote: Asmodean will be sure to make a return as a guard at the very least. If I can write something up worth while maybe even a speaker. Please  for the love the twelve, brain work with me.
Ooo that sounds great! Always nice to have new ideas and new people to speak about something they're passionate about! I'll PM you later on with what details I have and if it helps that's great, if not eh, details! Laugh

(06-03-2015, 11:07 AM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: should be able to make this one too x3
Yay! going to have to pry in some more Clio time!

(06-03-2015, 11:37 AM)Ciel Wrote: You already know I'm in. Wink
Eeee lovely, I'll bug you on Skype later ^_^

(06-03-2015, 12:06 PM)Riordyn Ashentyr Wrote:
Seems like it might be shutting down already old chum, you dropped your "of"...

I jest, but in all honesty, I find that the best pieces written are those that are not forced. Go for a walk (as the Wanderer would suggest) with the thought in your mind, but not dominating it. You might just be surprised what comes to you! And once the piece is written, make sure to not only proofread yourself, but have others do likewise to ensure the mistakes are shored up.
Walking makes such a difference for so many things. I always have a backup story prepared if someone can't make it and that's usually what I end up doing is get some ideas, wait a day, piece it together, then layer by layer it becomes something. Blush

(06-03-2015, 12:33 PM)Melkire Wrote: Looking forward to this! Moogle

The stone is now located at Outer La Noscea (25,18).  It's a cliffside perch outside of a little kobold camp with a bunch of orbs floating around it. There's also a FATE that spawns there.
I thought about the glowing stone outside of the Wanderer's palace but there's a FATE right there too and the mobs are killed around that spot more often than the wisps around the stone so I figured that would be the best locale.

RE: Celebration of the Wanderer - Cynel1 - 06-03-2015

its okay i can Come right?

RE: Celebration of the Wanderer - Antain - 06-03-2015

I will at least attend to lend my support to the performers and, of course, the lovely Lady Jancis!

RE: Celebration of the Wanderer - Ilwe'ran - 06-03-2015

(06-03-2015, 02:43 PM)Jancis Wrote:
(06-03-2015, 12:33 PM)Melkire Wrote: Looking forward to this! Moogle

The stone is now located at Outer La Noscea (25,18).  It's a cliffside perch outside of a little kobold camp with a bunch of orbs floating around it. There's also a FATE that spawns there.
I thought about the glowing stone outside of the Wanderer's palace but there's a FATE right there too and the mobs are killed around that spot more often than the wisps around the stone so I figured that would be the best locale.

You mean here ?

[Image: 1200_zpshxupe3pm.png~original]

Because right here there is no FATE at all from memory (X26 Y22 for the loc, right in front of WP, I stood there for hours for doing those screenshots (needed the right weather at the right time) and the only person I saw was a sch for their quest).

RE: Celebration of the Wanderer - Star Lin - 06-03-2015

Oh, got to get Kestlona on this one since Oschon is her Guardian.  I'll see about trying to be off of work by 4:30 pm to try and be there. *dash off to put in the time to be off*

RE: Celebration of the Wanderer - SM Nick - 06-04-2015

You know I'll try to be there! Emphasis on try since I don't know if my family is going on a summer trip during that weekend. Can Oka bring some of her delicious cooking along for the audience?

RE: Celebration of the Wanderer - Cliodhna Eoghan - 06-04-2015

(06-03-2015, 02:43 PM)Jancis Wrote:
(06-03-2015, 11:07 AM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: should be able to make this one too x3
Yay! going to have to pry in some more Clio time!
[Image: lilo-and-stitch-hug.gif]
i love jancis time but don't try to cram it in if you're busy at the event. running large scale stuff gets crazy so just rp where you need and we can always catch up later <3

RE: Celebration of the Wanderer - Jancis - 06-04-2015

(06-03-2015, 03:42 PM)Cynel1 Wrote: its okay i can Come right?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Yes, you're welcome to come.

(06-03-2015, 03:58 PM)Vaughn Wrote: I will at least attend to lend my support to the performers and, of course, the lovely Lady Jancis!
Eeee Bouncy yay Vaughn! I always get to snap a quick screenie of that beautiful man!

(06-03-2015, 06:16 PM)Ilwe Wrote: Because right here there is no FATE at all from memory (X26 Y22 for the loc, right in front of WP, I stood there for hours for doing those screenshots (needed the right weather at the right time) and the only person I saw was a sch for their quest).
Aie.. I meant more the FATEs that are around it and that groups will do, but spending some more time there you're right; they're farther away than I thought if we're all up on the top of the platform...whatever that's called.

After talking with a few people I've changed my mind it makes more sense to have the bulk of the event outside of the Wanderer's Palace: the walk is shorter, there are less aggressive mobs, and the FATEs are slightly further away.

I might still walk over there after the celebration for those who are bold enough to continue on; it could break up the group; the view from Oschon's actual stone is still wonderful and when I first thought up doing this event that was the first place I thought of going. We'll see what works out. Sorry it's all a bit rushed to get it up before the expansion.

(06-03-2015, 08:13 PM)Star Lin Wrote: Oh, got to get Kestlona on this one since Oschon is her Guardian.  I'll see about trying to be off of work by 4:30 pm to try and be there. *dash off to put in the time to be off*
You are adorable! I hope it works out. Blush

(06-04-2015, 01:03 AM)SM Nick Wrote: You know I'll try to be there! Emphasis on try since I don't know if my family is going on a summer trip during that weekend. Can Oka bring some of her delicious cooking along for the audience?
Ooo trip! Well there's still three more to do. No worries if you can't make it.

I have to think about the cooking; it'd have to be something in theme or maybe give off some kind of semi-magical sensation? I'll talk to you later about it.

(06-04-2015, 02:50 AM)Cliodhna Eoghan Wrote: i love jancis time but don't try to cram it in if you're busy at the event. running large scale stuff gets crazy so just rp where you need and we can always catch up later <3
A little Blush last time I had a ton of whispers at the same time; it's a bit bizarre.

We still have to get together for picnics and food and dinners and stuff!
[Image: tumblr_n56j7jtaj91tsrtt7o1_500.gif]

As we spoke about on LS still brainstorming through another idea for handouts which might be fun for afterwards. Smile

Thanks for all the support! I'm excited! A little hurrah before we all north...