Hydaelyn Role-Players
Balmung - Gilgamesh - Siren - RP Servers - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Balmung - Gilgamesh - Siren - RP Servers (/showthread.php?tid=12274)

Balmung - Gilgamesh - Siren - RP Servers - Hawkblade - 06-25-2015

So I'm very at home on Balmung after being taken in by the Free Company I am in, but some friends of mine want to join in given they hear me talk about how amazing the roleplay is on Balmung and that it is always around!

The trouble is that I realized given the expansion now out, that even tricks such as waiting for Maintenance or after no longer work it seems. Balmung is closed up tight and Gilgamesh is becoming almost as bad.

NOW I've read some discussions on this topic, I know it may be a can of worms I'm holding, but I'm trying to decide what to do with my friends and I. I've heard on the grapevine that Siren is looking for more roleplayers and I saw in Other that Organization 14 is the only Free Company there supporting roleplay on Siren, but is the only one listed.

I seen over on Reddit some conversations on it and also a few forum topics on the main 14 board. I guess what I'm trying to decide is if I should swing for Siren to see if my friends and I can aid in the growth of Siren's RP, who is all over there (that may be on here), and how alive is it over there for those who are?

Thanks guys.

PS - I'm not leaving Balmung with Yamah for those who may be concerned, just trying to figure out an alternative for my friends without them spending money to transfer.

RE: Balmung - Gilgamesh - Siren - RP Servers - Magellan - 06-25-2015

I say go for it. Best case scenario: you help grow an awesome cpmmunity.

Worst case? You come back to Balmung full time

RE: Balmung - Gilgamesh - Siren - RP Servers - Viola - 06-27-2015

I know some people that'll hook you up, I'm part of the RP community there, though how big the RP community actually is I cannot say.

My character is Viola Dotharl.

RE: Balmung - Gilgamesh - Siren - RP Servers - Ashe - 06-27-2015

This MAY not be the most ideal option but I think that paid transfers to Balmung still work...
There's a risk of disappointment on other servers....so you could always try it but if Balmung turns out to be the best place then by then you could just have them transfer or maybe if you're lucky the server congestion will die down.  Logging on during peak hours tonight (friday) weren't that bad.  I think a lot has calmed down a bit....

RE: Balmung - Gilgamesh - Siren - RP Servers - Cithramir - 06-30-2015

Actually I'm much in the same boat though under different circumstances. 

I just joined the game (finally after having played in its beta and so forth) along with a friend.  We're both longtime RPers and ended up kind of railroaded onto joining Siren do to the other two main RP servers being full.

Since it seems there is a slight RP community on Siren.  Any help getting pointed in the right direction would be greatly beneficial.

RE: Balmung - Gilgamesh - Siren - RP Servers - Hawkblade - 06-30-2015

I did actually manage to find some of the RPers and got invited into the LS.
This is their website for all the RPers it seems (though not everyone is part of it yet). Apparently is a community work in progress haha.

http://sirenrp.enjin.com/

RE: Balmung - Gilgamesh - Siren - RP Servers - Adolar - 06-30-2015

If the RPers on Siren are willing to put in the effort needed to form a thriving community, then it's an excellent idea. Just be aware that things aren't going to happen overnight and you're likely not going to see taverns filled with RPers 24/7 any time soon. Not even Gilgamesh is anywhere close to the size of Balmung, yet a lot of people don't do their research and comes to the server expecting the same amount of activity for some reason. Cactuar

Whatever the case, good luck on forming a new RP community on Siren. Might be a little difficult but if the RPers continue to put themselves out there, the community will definitely grow. Try not to get dissuaded by anyone telling you otherwise.

I'll take a look at it.

I agree though that this is something that won't happen overnight.  If we want an RP community there it will really need to be worked on and pushed forth.  I didn't expect much of a community on Siren at all until I noticed these forums.  With that, we can always work to make one good thriving RP community. Smile

RE: Balmung - Gilgamesh - Siren - RP Servers - Hawkblade - 06-30-2015

Yeah-- I think the LS has like 115 out of 128? I think that was the number when I checked this morning and about.. 50-70 of them were online. So yes, it isn't as large as Balmung's, but they are there.

From when I also spoke to many of them, they are pretty good, nice people. They want to create a drama free RP community on the ooc side and keep the drama for IC. I'll probably assisting them in some ways, but my main focus /is/ here on Balmung with The Red Wings.

Just glad to report this and see that yes, there is stuff on Siren and maybe eventually it will become something big(ish).

Well after maintenance today we both were still up. (I live on an Australian time frame and my friend is Australian.)  So we were both up as server Maint. dropped.  

We simply remade our characters on Gilgamesh so maybe we'll see some of the RPers from there that spoke here, soon.  

we were not much beyond 10 so the change isn't anything drastic.