Hydaelyn Role-Players
Alderique Draws - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Alderique Draws (/showthread.php?tid=12597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Alderique Draws - Alderique - 07-15-2015

Hello Friends,

I draw and paint all sorts of things, usually on paper because I don't really enjoy working digitally. I am trying, though! When it comes to video game art I usually experiment and goof off, and so much of what I post here will probably be inconsistent and random.

Feel free to reply on this thread of PM me for whatever reason! This post may be edited if I ever have any important information or am working on a specific project.

RE: Tortles Draws - Alderique - 07-15-2015

[Image: t2yicSb.jpg]

Alderique, my dood.

RE: Tortles Draws - Alderique - 07-15-2015

[Image: ZPMLdJe.jpg]
Alderique Valeriant in some imaginary slutty clothing similar to armor he's actually worn.

[Image: qsp4IUE.jpg]
Imaginary Lalafell marauder/warrior

[Image: UJI5fQX.jpg]
Imaginary Lalafell pugilist.

[Image: JlkqS2A.jpg]
Bombs.

[Image: bVS1111.jpg]
Goblin.

RE: Tortles Draws - Faye - 07-15-2015

These are precious. I dig it.

RE: Tortles Draws - Alderique - 08-03-2015

Drawing of my buddy Valor, from a screenshot of when I found her standing around in Mor Dhona.

[Image: 0lgvK1n.jpg]

RE: Tortles Draws - Aaron - 08-03-2015

Let us improve together my friend.

We'll be Leonardo and Raphael of the art industry soon.

RE: Tortles Draws - Alderique - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 08:18 PM)Aaron Wrote: Let us improve together my friend.

I wish Donatello drew too. He was a rad turtle.

RE: Tortles Draws - cuideag - 08-03-2015

(07-15-2015, 06:43 PM)tortles Wrote: [Image: bVS1111.jpg]
Goblin.

GIMME 50

RE: Tortles Draws - Aaron - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 08:19 PM)tortles Wrote:
(08-03-2015, 08:18 PM)Aaron Wrote: Let us improve together my friend.

I wish Donatello drew too. He was a rad turtle.
We don't speak of that nerd around these parts.

RE: Tortles Draws - Shoshopu - 08-03-2015

I absolutely LOVE this stuff! Especially the sketches. The scantily clad Alderique and the lalafell marauder are my favorites, I can't decide which of the two I like better. Your style is really interesting- like, deceptively simple but at the same time really aesthetically pleasing. Rough, sketchy, super stylized... They remind me of some of Picasso's sketches and doodles, even

also- it only just clicked in my head that you're Alderique's player, haha. When I bumped into you last night at the Runestone I was just thinking to myself, geez, what a charming and unique combination of features this Alderique guy has. Some faces you see in characters over and over again, maybe occasionally with a different nose or something, but I've never seen another elezen like Aldi. In my head your character design choices and your art style click together like perfectly and it's just making me smile a lot for some reason!!

Seeing really unique styles like this is really inspiring to me because I never felt like I could quite grasp my own- everything I draw looks completely different from what I've drawn before, and it always takes me forever even to just do a doodle. I think that just means I need to draw a lot more, so... that's how I'm gonna spend my maintenance tonight, I think!!

yikes this turned into a really gushy rant haha

RE: Tortles Draws - Alderique - 08-04-2015

(08-03-2015, 10:47 PM)Shoshopu Wrote: I absolutely LOVE this stuff! Especially the sketches. The scantily clad Alderique and the lalafell marauder are my favorites, I can't decide which of the two I like better. Your style is really interesting- like, deceptively simple but at the same time really aesthetically pleasing. Rough, sketchy, super stylized... They remind me of some of Picasso's sketches and doodles, even

also- it only just clicked in my head that you're Alderique's player, haha. When I bumped into you last night at the Runestone I was just thinking to myself, geez, what a charming and unique combination of features this Alderique guy has. Some faces you see in characters over and over again, maybe occasionally with a different nose or something, but I've never seen another elezen like Aldi. In my head your character design choices and your art style click together like perfectly and it's just making me smile a lot for some reason!!

Seeing really unique styles like this is really inspiring to me because I never felt like I could quite grasp my own- everything I draw looks completely different from what I've drawn before, and it always takes me forever even to just do a doodle. I think that just means I need to draw a lot more, so... that's how I'm gonna spend my maintenance tonight, I think!!

yikes this turned into a really gushy rant haha

YES, MAKE ME MORE POWERFUL. I feed.

Thank you very much for all the compliments.

As far as Alderique goes: I'm pretty happy with how his looks came out! (someone at the Gold Saucer today commented how they liked his freckles). It might just be a combination of facial features and skin tones, I dunno! I almost race changed early on, but decided to stick with my initial choice and roll with it. I'm glad I have, so far! (I enjoyed our happenstance RP by the way. Thanks for participating!)

As far as drawing goes: I've been drawing since I was a wee popoto, and for the longest time, and even into college, I was just never really happy with it. I overthought and overworked it most of the time. I stressed and criticized, and aimed for perfection. Other friends I had would just quickly make these beautiful doodles and I envied them, and eventually I learned to let go and just dive right in. In my early years in college I drew SUPER realistically, spending 20+ hours on a single drawing, but eventually I just kinda stopped doing that and found my way to impulsive drawings. I do like to draw from life for practice, and I want to do some more "refined" drawings related to FF14 and RP, as well as these quick things. We'll see!

My advice to anyone who draws is to just do it without worrying about it so much. If you want to be critical about it, do it after you're done with a drawing. Look at it, think about what you did, what you might want to do different next time, or what you might want to improve on. Then do another one. None of my drawings are precious, and I just do it again if it doesn't work the first time. It's an exercise in repetition, and eventually you just get better at it and develop into something.

I'm adding my tumblr to the original post, in case anyone wants to see my non-FF14 stuff.

RE: Tortles Draws - Alderique - 08-05-2015

Unspecified Roegadyn, Lalafell, and Miqo'te.

[Image: lTgoqy5.jpg]

Unspecified shirtless Lalafell.

[Image: uqre7MM.jpg]

I like drawing Lalafells, can you tell?

[Image: 9NvoHNH.jpg]

Alderique, a bomb, and some moogles. Note the attempted DRK moogle, and the DRG moogle.

[Image: LswUyMn.jpg]

And finally, an Arthurioux Duchamps.

[Image: wO8Y1v6.jpg]

RE: Tortles Draws - Arthur - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 09:05 PM)tortles Wrote: -snipped because I didn't want to break your thread-

I was going to be all like, 'whoa, the posture + stance of everyone you drew has is really cool and has a lot of personality! and you also got a lil bit painty with one of those lalas, nice!' but then. well.

I most certainly did not make any undignified squeaking noises when I saw this. absolutely not. that's a ludicrous assumption. definitely wrong. [sub](aaaaaaaah he's so precious and and and. you even included Carbuncle...! ;u; <333)[/sub]

RE: Tortles Draws - Alderique - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 09:38 PM)Tabris Wrote: I most certainly did not make any undignified squeaking noises when I saw this. absolutely not. that's a ludicrous assumption. definitely wrong. [sub](aaaaaaaah he's so precious and and and. you even included Carbuncle...! ;u; <333)[/sub]

Appropriate and desired response. Excellent.

RE: Tortles Draws - Alderique - 09-04-2015

Haven't been drawing much FF14 lately, but decided to do some drawing in photoshop earlier. Here's a Momoto in progress:

[Image: yQziPtS.png]

I'ma creep around the lodestone from time to time for reference, so ya'll been warned.