Hydaelyn Role-Players
Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? (/showthread.php?tid=12990)

Pages: 1 2

Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? - Seriphyn - 08-14-2015

We're still building off of the release of Heavensward, I think. My issue is that I can't seem to get to roleplay with my old standbys anymore, as whenever I send them a /tell to ask what they're up to, if they aren't doing PvE content, they are RPing with their FC. Of course I'm not upset with them because no one is entitled to anything pretendy-times, but I do feel a little left out these days. Is anyone else having this issue?

RE: Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? - Virella - 08-14-2015

Cannot say I have. In truth my FC is just an OOC FC. Or rather semi IC, but everything happens in the Linkshell regarding chatting, organising roleplay and all that.

However.

I have heard people expressing the same concerns what is a shame. That said I'm horrible at forgetting to simply roleplay with people D:

RE: Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? - Lilia Lia - 08-14-2015

I think since a lot of people are still doing the 3.x content, and particularly doing the content with members of their FC, they also tend to find it easier to schedule RP events with one another since they naturally have the same breaks in things like raids.  Just speculating because I don't really do PVE myself unless you count crafting.

I've done some RP outside my FC but it has mostly been FC-centric lately, though a lot of that has also been for reasons of plot and character location.  I can't speak for everyone but that's how it is with me.

RE: Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? - Gegenji - 08-14-2015

My FC RP actually more or less dried up once HW went live - something I'd assume happened with most others. A whole new expansion of content to see and take in, and then patches that added more interesting things like Alexander. Since HW dropped, I think the only real FC event we've had that I can recall off the top of my head is a beach party picnic that Jancis ran last weekend. Other than that, things have been rather quiet.

It looks like one is building to start up soon, though, so there's that. I've also heard that other FCs have a regular weekly RP event or something along those lines too. That could be the situation - people are finally getting to a comfortable position PvE-wise, and FCs are looking to re-establish their plots and solidarity.

Then again... with peoples' desires to cap their Esos, possibly grind their red scrips for better crafting/gathering gear, hunt for actual/glamour gear out of dungeons/raids, and possibly even go after the PvP gear... there's plenty of things that can take up people's time even before considering RP, FC or non.

Hopefully, though, things will continue to settle down as time goes on.

RE: Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? - Cato - 08-14-2015

I think it's just easy for a lot of role-players to get caught up in whatever it is that they're doing whilst not realising how they're cutting themselves off from a lot of potential contacts both new and old.

I've had mixed results so far. Sometimes I'll poke someone and they'll be readily available for role-play. Other times I'll poke someone and they'll be busy but we'll arrange something for a specific time. Then there's yet others who I'll seek to network with and either get no response or they'll say they're busy and then not get back to me at all.

RE: Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? - Val - 08-14-2015

This is unfortunately the problem with housing in any community. Most people will stick to their homes and RP there because it's safe and they know the quality of the RP they can get VS the Quicksand or anywhere else. And as others have stated, a lot of people just get caught up and don't realize they've been skipping out on people. There's still the whole Heavensward thing too, with people trying to cap for the week before settling and RPing and so on and so forth.

As most, I get mixed results. Sometimes people are available, sometimes they aren't. I also just have absolutely horrid timing and most people seem to be busy whenever I poke them D=

RE: Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? - Berrod Armstrong - 08-14-2015

It's been the opposite on my end; my members go out and RP with others -- and with each other in public places. We usually get together as a group to RP for the scheduled events. BUT, I'll keep an eye out for you, Kale! Random approachery is good stuff. 

Also Graeham I'll find you this weekend if it's the last thing I do lmao. Berrod's got a crate of ore for him!

RE: Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? - Rosekitten - 08-14-2015

I tend to seek rp where ever I happen to be ic at. I obviously can't always be ic but if folks toss me a message and I'm afk or busy at the time I'll happily set up a sort of run in some other time. ^^

I've been slacking a bit due to my character being in recovery so she's not exactly up for walking from the Shroud to Uldah or anywhere of length really. Tongue

Now I will admit that I ended up being dragged into a FC that has rp but thus far I haven't really gotten too much into it (though more of that is tied with recovery and such and a bit of lack of free time on my half in rl). I personally rather enjoy random encounters and about the taverns or just various spots in the world. It keeps you on your toes a bit and you may just stumble on one of the best rp's you've ever had. ^-^ In my past some of the most enjoyable rp's I've encountered were from walk ups or just things I stumbled into.

RE: Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? - -no longer matters- - 08-14-2015

I know a lot of people that are being swept up by FC RP atm. Just the new expansion story surge. It'll regulate in a few months.

RE: Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? - Flickering Ember - 08-14-2015

I admit I am part of the problem. I like random walk up RP but I usually don't go looking for it. I enjoy stuff with established contacts more because it continues an already established story I am emotionally invested in. I like meeting new people and getting new rp contacts but prefer meeting them in events or odd, out of the way places than at Quicksand. 

What I mean is, I prefer keeping up with fewer characters for RP. I've already built up my contact list so I already get a good amount of RP. 

So yeah I am a part of the problem but I don't know what else I can do.

RE: Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? - Seriphyn - 08-14-2015

Thanks for your replies. Let me rephrase a question then; has anyone had recent difficulty in being able to roleplay with non-FC friends/acquaintances they used to on at least a semi-frequent basis before the expansion?

RE: Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? - Sigil.9054 - 08-14-2015

I'm guilty of being holed up in my FC house most of the time. (Can you blame me? It's an awesome house. Cafe and beaches, yissssss)

Though, I'm always happy to change venues. I just need to be called away, y'know?

RE: Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? - Verad - 08-15-2015

(08-14-2015, 05:04 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: Thanks for your replies. Let me rephrase a question then; has anyone had recent difficulty in being able to roleplay with non-FC friends/acquaintances they used to on at least a semi-frequent basis before the expansion?

Nope!

RE: Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? - Marisa - 08-15-2015

My couple of go-to RP buddies have mysteriously vanished without a trace, so I'm also struggling to find anyone to put up with my nonsense these days. Honestly I find myself wondering how people even get in to these really close-knit RP communities in the first place. I'm going close to a year now on Balmung and I've got basically nothing going on RP-wise right now.

RE: Have most people been swept up into their FC RP? - Cato - 08-15-2015

(08-14-2015, 05:04 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: Thanks for your replies. Let me rephrase a question then; has anyone had recent difficulty in being able to roleplay with non-FC friends/acquaintances they used to on at least a semi-frequent basis before the expansion?

Sort of, though little has changed in that regard. There's a lot of people I would love to interact with more frequently but they're so rarely available in-game for stuff that isn't necessarily planned out that I don't really bother probing them as frequently as I could.

I often feel like a lot of role-players wait around for someone to come to them, or they'll role-play with someone, add them to their friends list and then never get around to interacting with them again. In some cases there's a good reason for this - such as real life getting the way or timezone differences. In other cases, though? It feels very much like people are just focusing almost exclusively upon their immediate circle of contacts and not really branching out beyond that.

Many will manage to show up to popular events, of course, but they're often very busy and there usually isn't any time to get involved with a proper reunion. On the plus side, though, there's people I can role-play with after months of no contact and our characters hit it off as though little had changed. I wish I could see more of that.