Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Xaela mage looking for connections! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Xaela mage looking for connections! (/showthread.php?tid=13204)

Pages: 1 2

Xaela mage looking for connections! - Judal - 08-30-2015

Hello! I've been holding off on rping for a bit to faceroll through content and gearing, and now that all that's done I've had next to nothing to do in-game, so I figured it would be the perfect time for roleplay now that I'm not constantly doing other things ♥

I race-changed for Heavensward into a completely new character to start off fresh; she's a Xaela Au Ra named Rorongyu Kha, and she's journeyed to Eorzea under the guise of 'adventuring' to further the reach and influence of a faction of her tribe.

She's quiet and demure at first glance but, once engaged in conversation, it becomes obvious that she's anything but! Roro is talkative when need be and very confident in herself as a competent member of her tribe and a skilled thaumaturge. She's okay enough to be around but doesn't bother making 'friends' unless the person in question is someone who is skillful, powerful, or holds great influence in social circles. Here is her wiki page if you'd like a more in-depth look into her~

I am looking for all sorts of roleplay contacts: acquaintances, enemies, possible employers, fellow mages, and even other Kha members who may or may not share her ideals. If you're interested in possibly roleplaying with me and want to plot something out, you can send me a message here or a /tell in-game when I'm online!
Thank you for reading ♥

RE: Xaela mage looking for connections! - Khunbish Avagnar - 08-30-2015

I'll definitely send you a message in game, looking forward to more role play!

RE: Xaela mage looking for connections! - Kaiz - 08-30-2015

Her and Kaiz -have- to meet up. Same tribe,  same goals. Lot's of potential.

RE: Xaela mage looking for connections! - Lydia Lightfoot - 08-30-2015

Hiiii! Feel free to look me up sometime for RP, too. :)

One small note - it doesn't personally bother me either way, but some people might brow-raise if you claim to be a "black mage" IC unless you're reaallllyyyy sure you know what you'd be getting into with that in the lore. I'm not even super clear about it myself, except that from what people say, black mages and white mages basically don't exist aside from "the one true hero warrior of light" who is allowed to be one.

What people do instead is just say "I'm a very skilled thaumaturge/conjurer".

RE: Xaela mage looking for connections! - Judal - 08-30-2015

(08-30-2015, 01:23 AM)Aiswynd Wrote: I'll definitely send you a message in game, looking forward to more role play!

Great, I'm usually on around 6 pm EST and onwards~ Skype is also an option if finding me online happens to be an inconvenience.

(08-30-2015, 02:23 AM)Kaiz Wrote: Her and Kaiz -have- to meet up. Same tribe,  same goals. Lot's of potential.

Omg, yessss. I hardly see any Kha in-game, I was starting to think there weren't many around :( What times are you usually on? If we can't catch each other in game we can always use skype, too!

RE: Xaela mage looking for connections! - Judal - 08-30-2015

(08-30-2015, 02:56 AM)Calliope Cloverbloom Wrote: Hiiii! Feel free to look me up sometime for RP, too. Smile

One small note - it doesn't personally bother me either way, but some people might brow-raise if you claim to be a "black mage" IC unless you're reaallllyyyy sure you know what you'd be getting into with that in the lore. I'm not even super clear about it myself, except that from what people say, black mages and white mages basically don't exist aside from "the one true hero warrior of light" who is allowed to be one.

What people do instead is just say "I'm a very skilled thaumaturge/conjurer".

Oh no, that was an error on my part. It's kind of apparent on my wiki page too LOL...in the combat section I write 'thaumaturgy' but then I write 'black magic' in the next section. I meant thaumaturgy; I know the actual jobs aren't meant to be taken up as common professions, but sometimes my mind slips and since I main a black mage I end up writing 'black mage' as a default, not batting an eyelash (:3」∠)_. Gonna fix my page and OP before anybody else notices now.

RE: Xaela mage looking for connections! - Lydia Lightfoot - 08-30-2015

(08-30-2015, 03:43 AM)Judal Wrote: Oh no, that was an error on my part. It's kind of apparent on my wiki page too LOL...in the combat section I write 'thaumaturgy' but then I write 'black magic' in the next section. I meant thaumaturgy; I know the actual jobs aren't meant to be taken up as common professions, but sometimes my mind slips and since I main a black mage I end up writing 'black mage' as a default, not batting an eyelash (:3」∠)_. Gonna fix my page and OP before anybody else notices now.

Yeah, I think it's silly and awkward that they did the naming that way, personally... Black Mage is a Final Fantasy staple! Same with White Mage. If they wanted to have exclusive "you can't really be this" versions, why didn't they have the base class be BM/WM and make the advanced ones be Magus and Seer (like they do in several other class-based Final Fantasy games). Where'd Thaumaturge and Conjurer get pulled out of? Those aren't normal Final Fantasy class names.

Oh well. Consistency's too much to ask, usually. LOL

RE: Xaela mage looking for connections! - Kaiz - 08-30-2015

(08-30-2015, 03:36 AM)Judal Wrote:
(08-30-2015, 02:23 AM)Kaiz Wrote: Her and Kaiz -have- to meet up. Same tribe,  same goals. Lot's of potential.

Omg, yessss. I hardly see any Kha in-game, I was starting to think there weren't many around Sad What times are you usually on? If we can't catch each other in game we can always use skype, too!

I'm in PST and I'm usually on for most of the evening. More during the weekends. I'll try to find you in game and fire you a friend request so we can run into each other.

RE: Xaela mage looking for connections! - CrimsonMars - 08-31-2015

I think she'd be a good fit for Xanadu Noire since she's also a black mage and is fairly anti-social, though it is much easier for her to open up to other Auri, espically other Xaelas, as long as they aren't Dotherl that is.

You're free to also interact with my main, Chiyo as well, but she isn't too keen on black magics...

If you're free tomorrow, we can definitely set something up!

RE: Xaela mage looking for connections! - As'elena - 08-31-2015

I have a Raen who is an Arcanist/Mage and really into anything magic related.

Maybe I'll try contacting you sometime! I'm an EU player however, so it likely won't be often!

RE: Xaela mage looking for connections! - Anthony Valron - 08-31-2015

My Ishgardian Lord might be a fun contact point, as he does wield some power.

RE: Xaela mage looking for connections! - Judal - 08-31-2015

(08-31-2015, 03:11 PM)CrimsonMars Wrote: I think she'd be a good fit for Xanadu Noire since she's also a black mage and is fairly anti-social, though it is much easier for her to open up to other Auri, espically other Xaelas, as long as they aren't Dotherl that is.

You're free to also interact with my main, Chiyo as well, but she isn't too keen on black magics...

If you're free tomorrow, we can definitely set something up!

Yes, I should be free tomorrow in the evening so we can plan then! o/

(08-31-2015, 04:02 PM)Maariya Wrote: I have a Raen who is an Arcanist/Mage and really into anything magic related.

Maybe I'll try contacting you sometime! I'm an EU player however, so it likely won't be often!

Aw, that's fine :) Sometimes I'm on earlier than usual so you may be able to find me lurking about in-game around evening for you, if that helps!

RE: Xaela mage looking for connections! - Judal - 08-31-2015

(08-31-2015, 04:29 PM)Anthony Valron Wrote: My Ishgardian Lord might be a fun contact point, as he does wield some power.

Sounds promising, what times are you usually available? :0 If you manage to hit me up in game we can plot or jump straight into rp!

RE: Xaela mage looking for connections! - Conor - 08-31-2015

RORO

Hello, it Osheen.

RP with me some time.

RE: Xaela mage looking for connections! - Anthony Valron - 08-31-2015

(08-31-2015, 07:45 PM)Judal Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 04:29 PM)Anthony Valron Wrote: My Ishgardian Lord might be a fun contact point, as he does wield some power.

Sounds promising, what times are you usually available? :0 If you manage to hit me up in game we can plot or jump straight into rp!
My schedule is odd, but most days and evenings, I'll be on at some point.

Neversurrenderwra is my skype.