Hydaelyn Role-Players
Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN (/showthread.php?tid=13212)

Pages: 1 2 3

Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Oli! - 08-30-2015

I'm sorry about that title you guys.

It was right there.

I had to take it.

I am so, so sorry.

As many of us now know, the Rhalgr Event was an awesome A+ smash. One of the interesting things that I noticed, however, was that we had a lot of Monks come out. That, along with a little bit of after-RP with some other folks got me thinking. What if we established a network?

At the moment I'm not sure how formal it would be, but I think it would be an excellent outlet for people that want to see more in that vein. Plus, we also have a lot of people that are looking for a way to make the jump from Pugilism to Monkness for their characters. I think this would be a great way to connect those that are looking for that, with those that are looking for people to teach. Combine that with ritual sessions and communal sparring, and we could have something cool going on. Maybe even Some Plot once in a while.

I don't have any details figured out, since this idea only just came to me a while ago. I think this would be an interesting way to foster more Monk RP though, and I'm sure we have more than enough people in that interest group to make something work.

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - ProvaDiServo - 08-30-2015

(08-30-2015, 11:02 PM)Oli! Wrote: I'm sorry about that title you guys.

It was right there.

I had to take it.

I am so, so sorry.

As many of us now know, the Rhalgr Event was an awesome A+ smash. One of the interesting things that I noticed, however, was that we had a lot of Monks come out. That, along with a little bit of after-RP with some other folks got me thinking. What if we established a network?

At the moment I'm not sure how formal it would be, but I think it would be an excellent outlet for people that want to see more in that vein. Plus, we also have a lot of people that are looking for a way to make the jump from Pugilism to Monkness for their characters. I think this would be a great way to connect those that are looking for that, with those that are looking for people to teach. Combine that with ritual sessions and communal sparring, and we could have something cool going on. Maybe even Some Plot once in a while.

I don't have any details figured out, since this idea only just came to me a while ago. I think this would be an interesting way to foster more Monk RP though, and I'm sure we have more than enough people in that interest group to make something work.

*Nod nod*

*Nudges Berrod*

*Fans the Mistalv Signal*

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Caspar - 08-30-2015

It would be nice. I'd like to see more monks to play with too.
I think that my character would not join, but she would be interested in getting to know them.

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Pastry Army - 08-30-2015

(08-30-2015, 11:14 PM)ProvaDiServo Wrote:

It was right there.

I had to take it.

I am so, so sorry.

*Nod nod*

*Nudges Berrod*

*Bursts through the wall with the might of Rhalgr*

My body is eternally ready for any and every Monk connection and outlet I can find, you have me on board 100%. Mistalv will train everyone in the monk ways  by beating the ever living tar out of them.

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - X'raemha Rhiki - 08-31-2015

This is absolutely relevant to my interests. 

You have my attention.

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Glacirus - 08-31-2015

This certainly sounds like a great plan. Been considering a monk or warrior alt too, so comes at a great time to help me make that decision.

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Reiner Dorn - 08-31-2015

I will happily welcome alot of this in the next coming three months there will be three Ala Mhigan centrist events coming from me, A festival of Mhigan culture. A round table open to anyone to voice their heart about reclamation and reformation of Ala Mhigo, and a relief effort to aid the Refugee's lives however we can. keep a look out for them.

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - WhiteLycanXII - 08-31-2015

I wouldn't mind if Nins had some connections. She'd gotten some solid basic hand to hand training by someone who studied under a Fist before, and she's looking to bring her physical prowess more in balance with her magical abilities.

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Kellach Woods - 08-31-2015

If your monkhood needs to be reborn I know a good conjurer.

Erm. Yeh.

I'll get back to you on that as soon as I have all 60s and I actually make a canon Monk  Big Grin

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Jana - 08-31-2015

Jana is The Worst Monk because she can't do something as simple as meditate.

Show Content

In any case, I'd be happy to network with more monk-y peoples!

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Berrod Armstrong - 08-31-2015

(08-30-2015, 11:14 PM)ProvaDiServo Wrote:

It was right there.

I had to take it.

I am so, so sorry.

*Nod nod*

*Nudges Berrod*

*crawls in*

I'm always late to these things lol. There are a few characters who have expressed interest in learning from Berrod and I would be more than happy for a means to organize it better. Of course, I'll gladly oblige those who wish to keep it a simple one on one affair!

Aya recently suggested that I gather all of his writings into one place. Before, I kept them scattered through the bulletin board to give players the experience of 'finding' them, but it seems her suggestion is going to be something that helps! 

*Sobs while digging for the links*

Whatever you need from me, poke me and I'll do the best I can to accommodate.

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Yangh - 08-31-2015

(08-31-2015, 09:32 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: *crawls in*

I'm always late to these things lol. There are a few characters who have expressed interest in learning from Berrod and I would be more than happy for a means to organize it better. Of course, I'll gladly oblige those who wish to keep it a simple one on one affair!

Aya recently suggested that I gather all of his writings into one place. Before, I kept them scattered through the bulletin board to give players the experience of 'finding' them, but it seems her suggestion is going to be something that helps! 

I've never thought to ask. What sect does Berrod land on? I can only assume he's Light since you've been on the Monk grind for as long as I recall!

Also, Monk RPer here! Although i'm late to the game on the RP account (I adore the class and always will). Azih is actually of the Shadow sect so... at some point if people are looking to get some yummy shadow charkra... you know at least one who leans that way!

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Ronin'ra - 08-31-2015

Sounds like something I'd be interested in. Eir has herself a few students as well, wouldn't mind getting in contact with other folk.

Could be opening for some fun RP.

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Berrod Armstrong - 08-31-2015

(08-31-2015, 10:24 AM)Yangh Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 09:32 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: *crawls in*

I've never thought to ask. What sect does Berrod land on? I can only assume he's Light since you've been on the Monk grind for as long as I recall!

Also, Monk RPer here! Although i'm late to the game on the RP account (I adore the class and always will). Azih is actually of the Shadow sect so... at some point if people are looking to get some yummy shadow charkra... you know at least one who leans that way!
Berrod lands on the light, with six Light open and one Shadow. He's mostly ignorant of the shadow side outside of stories and legends. That will change as time passes; I have his development on that side of things already mapped out over a period of several months! And yeah, I've mained Monk since three weeks after launch (when I started). I'll never get tired of it, I love everything about the job and its lore!

RE: Reconstructing Rhalgr: A MONKHOOD REBORN - Yangh - 08-31-2015

(08-31-2015, 10:49 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: Berrod lands on the light, with six Light open and one Shadow. He's mostly ignorant of the shadow side outside of stories and legends. That will change as time passes; I have his development on that side of things already mapped out over a period of several months! And yeah, I've mained Monk since three weeks after launch (when I started). I'll never get tired of it, I love everything about the job and its lore!

I hear you there! I love Monk, played it along side White Mage since 2.0 like yourself. Azih is Shadow sect with only one chakra (Very recently opened). His mentor is a bit of a mystery to him. The person is masked with only the eyes showing and fully clothed. For some reason or another the mentor chooses to remain anonymous--it could be anyone!

Azih is currently working on his control. His control of the chakra is quite bad as to be expected and has a very difficult time curbing the surge of power he's been gifted. I went with Shadow sect purely because of the destructive nature. I figured it would lend itself better to his lack of control.

He also doesn't have much knowledge on the Monks themselves just yet. He doesn't even know there's an opposing and complementary sect nor does he know his sect is Shadow... in time I suppose! XD