Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP (/showthread.php?tid=13580)

Pages: 1 2

Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP - Mikel Hunter - 09-25-2015

Where are all the scholarly-minded characters hiding? Mercenaries and sex workers seem to be the most common out there. Am I not looking hard enough? I'm new so I don't know most of the good RP spots. Is there a place where the nerdy lore-geek RP'ers hang out? A library somewhere or some woodland gathering?

Please advice, thanks.

RE: Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP - Virella - 09-25-2015

All I can say is that you're not looking hard enough! There's plenty of nerdy types around, however perhaps give some of the LSes a good look? There are some who are more focused onto the type of roleplay you're looking for Smile

RE: Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP - SicketySix - 09-25-2015

You gave me a new idea, NERDY MERCENARY SEX WORKERS! Bouncy

On a serious note, there's usually a good number of Scholar-ish type characters at the Quicksand, maybe you are just missing them?

Also there a few LS around that have to do with making discoveries, furthering science and other stuff. Just click the "Linkshell" tab at the top of the page and browse for them!

RE: Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP - Berrod Armstrong - 09-25-2015

(09-25-2015, 08:44 AM)Casden Reeves Wrote: You gave me a new idea, NERDY MERCENARY SEX WORKERS! Bouncy

On a serious note, there's usually a good number of Scholar-ish type characters at the Quicksand, maybe you are just missing them?

Also there a few LS around that have to do with making discoveries, furthering science and other stuff. Just click the "Linkshell" tab at the top of the page and browse for them!
Sorry, already done. 

Also, I have a Scholarly type as well, so I'll look out for you and give you a poke!

RE: Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP - As'elena - 09-25-2015

My Raen alt is an Arcanist and generally quite a nerdy type. She isn't shy, but she has some awkward mannerisms.

RE: Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP - FreelanceWizard - 09-25-2015

You might want to have a word with your friendly neighborhood society of mages. Smile

Not every Wizard of Mysterium is a typical "nerd," but we've had some good discussions about magic theory and metaphysics.

RE: Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP - SicketySix - 09-25-2015

(09-25-2015, 11:39 AM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: You might want to have a word with your friendly neighborhood society of mages. Smile

Not every Wizard of Mysterium is a typical "nerd," but we've had some good discussions about magic theory and metaphysics.
Are any of y'all mercenary sex workers also? I may be interested in applying.....

RE: Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP - FreelanceWizard - 09-25-2015

(09-25-2015, 11:41 AM)SicketySix Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 11:39 AM)FreelanceWizard Wrote: You might want to have a word with your friendly neighborhood society of mages. Smile

Are any of y'all mercenary sex workers also? I may be interested in applying.....

Not that I'm aware of. Smile

RE: Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP - Sigil.9054 - 09-25-2015

Seldi's an academic, but she's also a keep-to-herself type. However, she's also a courier, and so I can reasonably justify her being anywhere if anyone wants to meet for RP.

How might one recognize her as any kind of academic, you ask?

Well, how many people walk around with massive tomes hanging off their hips that aren't?

RE: Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP - LadyRochester - 09-25-2015

Hello! Pleasure to meet you!
There are loads of scholars around, my character included, I even have an IC research log you can check out for lore.

What topics does your character usually research? Science? Magic? History? All three?

RE: Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP - Gegenji - 09-25-2015

I play a capital-S and lower-case s scholar in Gogonji... but he's the sort who seems knowledge as both a weapon and a commodity for sale. Not to mention he's usually rather difficult to work with. Still, if you can deal with his ego and presentation as "that teacher everyone hates"... he's open for interaction. Blush

RE: Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP - Tonberry Prince - 09-26-2015

Galen (rem)Wolfe is a aetheric scholar who's focus is currently primals and voidsent, and the eradication thereof.  He also enjoys discussions on aether, schools of magic, and long walks on the beach.

RE: Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP - WhiteLycanXII - 09-27-2015

*drops in*

hi.

Nira's expertise is with the school of Arcanima, and she studies the way the scholars of Nym used it as a means of battlefield support. Due to recent circumstances, she lost touch with most of her magical output, but the the knowledge is still there. Even as an arcanist, she has a vested interest in all forms of magic, ranging from Thaumaturgy and Astrologica, to even the most mundane stuff like using crystals to expediate one's craft work, or the workings and applications of glamour prisms. She also tutors others in how they use their own magical abilities, but she's only interested in helping those who have a will to reach out and put in the gods honest effort on their own. Currently, she's out in Idyllshire, but drifts between there and her home in the Lavender Beds of Gridania.

RE: Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP - Mikel Hunter - 09-27-2015

Thank you all for stopping by and showing yourselves. I'll be certain to poke you guys in game for RP. Lady Rochester, are your character's research articles published at all, or usable/accessible IC in any way? They're amazingly useful.

My character Pious researches History, but I have alts who also research Magic.

RE: Looking for Scholars/Scholar RP - Ashe - 09-27-2015

Two out of the three people who run MW are scholarly people and we do expeditions for the sake of SCIENCE!!!!
Ashe is one of those two people....
There are plenty of nerds ICly haha
Ashe studies Allag though >> So it's not really aether based. But his goal is to revive their technology for the sake of...well, that's a secret haha