Hydaelyn Role-Players
*Wave* Hello! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: *Wave* Hello! (/showthread.php?tid=13599)

*Wave* Hello! - Orphyn - 09-26-2015

Hullo!

New here. Well. New to FFXIV, really. I've been playing for about 3 days. Fun stuff! Currently on Faerie but plan to try and transfer to Balmung if I can. Love me a good 'Arpee' hub! Tongue

--MMORPG background

Oh gawd. I started about 13-14 years ago..Ish?

Does Runescape count? It was my first taste of 'MMO' life. Smile
Officially started with F2P (aka Pay2win) MMO's. Mostly Korean grindfests. -_- I really loved PvP. ^.^ Played these for 3-4 years.
Moved onto Warcraft for a couple years. Forsaken ftw!
Played some Defiance. (Was fun for an FPS mmo).
Ummm.. moved onto Planetside 2 
Guild Wars 2 for a few.
Got really into The Secret World. Highly advised for hardcore horror fans to check it out. Very adult community. Smile Really enjoyed the modern day theme. :3
Hrm. 
Tried games like Tera, Rift, and Vindictus. Vin had great combatm but the rest is sucky.
Also got into Destiny (my side "mmo"). I love me FPS goodness.

So now here I am in FFXIV!

--RP experience

I've been RPing for 15+ years. :3 I started in a text-based MUD (technically two at the same time) and fell in love immediately. I still visit those MUDs every now and again! I used to play D&D and Rifts, but hard to get everyone together these days. >.<

I am not a great writer any more. After quitting the text based muds and being a stupid teenager, my brain kind of... died. BUT! I'm slowly trying to get everything back in swing. :3

--Character ideas/info

I just... wing it. ^.~ 

Most of my Arpee is random and off the fly. I am not much for planning anything because, for me, it detracts from the RP experience. I prefer not knowing what is going to happen, or what to expect. 

Currently I play a little troublemaker modelled after a previous OC. She's a fighter! Hard willed, kind of punkish in attitude, new to everything around. The rest will manifest as I go, I guess. Tongue

I do have several alts already, as well. Everything from a brutish marauder to a creepy little magii. Evil

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Um. No idea what the coalition is... 

Is it the forum/website? If it's the forum/website... I just googled 'FFXIV roleplayers'. Tongue I like hunting down communities!

If it's not the forum/website... then.. no idea. <_<

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Heavy! 

Like... 24/7 IC dealy. Yuppers!

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Um. Long timer gamer. I have thousands of video games. Big Grin

I work for a F2P game company. Job is good, games are not. *cough*

I am very competitive in FPS and PvP games. Tongue Sometimes it gets me in trouble because I am not the most gracious loser. Angel

I have tried some video editing work. I'm so-so. I enjoy making forum signatures and manipulations! They were so much fun to do.

Easy to get along with I think. Forum whore. And. Other stuff. Iunno. 

Anyway. Hello!

RE: *Wave* Hello! - Maril - 09-26-2015

The coalition does indeed refer to this site here Smile "Hydaelyn Roleplayers Coalition", sometimes referred to as the "RPC" as well. 

Welcome aboard ^^

RE: *Wave* Hello! - Faye - 09-26-2015

Hello there, welcome to FFXIV! I hope you make it onto Balmung soon! Smile

RE: *Wave* Hello! - SicketySix - 09-26-2015

Welcome to the RPC!

RE: *Wave* Hello! - Orphyn - 09-27-2015

[quote pid=214570 dateline=1443290213]
The coalition does indeed refer to this site here Smile "Hydaelyn Roleplayers Coalition", sometimes referred to as the "RPC" as well. 

Welcome aboard ^^
[/quote]

Oh my.  Apparently my reading comprehension isn't what it used to be! Thanks! <3

(09-26-2015, 02:30 PM)Faye Wrote: Hello there, welcome to FFXIV! I hope you make it onto Balmung soon! Smile

Thank you! 2 more days to go! Sad

(09-26-2015, 03:03 PM)SicketySix Wrote: Welcome to the RPC!

Danke sehr!

RE: *Wave* Hello! - Madda - 09-27-2015

Nice to see a person with Madda's usual MMO history! Madda loved TSW, it's a real shame that there's this flux in the air as Funcom nears the verge of bankruptcy.

Welcome to FFXIV!

RE: *Wave* Hello! - Val - 09-27-2015

Hello there! Welcome to the RPC and, eventually, Balmung Big Grin

RE: *Wave* Hello! - Eses Fafa - 09-27-2015

Hmm! I originally came from Argent Dawn from WoW, Arcadia in SW and Celestial Hills in the game with not enough clothes! Mewonders if I've seen you in any..

RE: *Wave* Hello! - Roe Dad - 09-27-2015

Welcome and hope you get on Balmung!