Hydaelyn Role-Players
What are some good RP spots? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: What are some good RP spots? (/showthread.php?tid=14045)

What are some good RP spots? - GhostlyMaiden - 10-28-2015

Everyone knows the Quicksand is basically the place to go to find RP. What I want to know is what are some other good places for RP? 

The main reason why I ask this is my best friend and I don't want to spend almost all of our time in the QS, we want some place that is "unique". It would also be nice to know these places for future reference.

RE: What are some good RP spots? - Warren Castille - 10-28-2015

coughgrindstonecough

RE: What are some good RP spots? - Lucius Ignatius - 10-28-2015

Ive had some luck on various ocassions in the Wench in Limsa, Bronze Lake, and I saw a group of people RPing in Coerthas near the main aetheryte in the town inn. It depends how often you look. I often try dragging RP elsewhere once connection with a few others are met.

Also try some of the public house listings. That usually turns out fun. :3

RE: What are some good RP spots? - Jana - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 11:58 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: coughgrindstonecough

Not only to double on Warren's suggestion, but any big, regular event is going to have lots of people you can meet and then keep meeting weekly (or more!). If fighting tournaments aren't your thing there are always others; HoD has a weekly tavern, for example.

RE: What are some good RP spots? - Garalona - 10-28-2015

There's a lot of player run inns and taverns out there that are generally always open, too. Just off the top of my head there's the Wayfarer's Rest, Club Crescent, and The Drunken Moogle. There are more but those are just the first to come to mind... you'll have to look 'em up for the addresses, those I can never remember.

I kinda wish they'd add an address book or something, cause I have an awful memory for who's in what ward.

RE: What are some good RP spots? - Unnamed Mercenary - 10-28-2015

What're you looking for exactly?

Spots to find RP or spots to RP in?

If you're looking for places to RP in, almost every location you can teleport to has some buildings you can walk in, and many have tables/seats. (The exception being Camp Tranquil and a few others).

If you're looking for quieter tavern-esque places, Drybone, Copper and Coffer and many of the Airship Landing zones usually have little pubs/cafes. Wineport has a restaurant area too.

There are a few libraries in-game, such as the Ossuary in Ul'dah and there's another in Ishgard.

Or maybe you're characters into other things? It's a pretty big world. Lots of places to go. ...and if you're ~10 levels higher than the monsters, most can't/won't aggro.

RE: What are some good RP spots? - Nebbs - 10-28-2015

Hit the adventuring Guild in each major City
Hit some of the other areas around the markets in the major cities

After this you are probably looking at events and being actively visible for RP.

Join a LS.. though these are hit and miss and wax and wane.

Actively make RP emotes, talk to the NPCs, exclaim at thing. This can pick up RP in all sorts of places.

In the end when there is no RP about .. craft.

RE: What are some good RP spots? - Coatleque - 10-28-2015

A few examples of places I have found RP:

The Observatory in Coerthas has been busy lately. They have a two-building inn with a bar on one side and a kitchen on the other.

There is an inn at Camp Dragonhead, but I don't know how often it is used.

Buscaron's Druthers in the Shroud has some activity.

The Airship landing in Ul'dah is another sort of private bar and restaurant.

Camp Drybone has seen its share of action. There is a Flames garrison, a bar behind the aetherite, an in-door store, and an inn.

Whitebrim in Coerths has a garrison in the tower, a field hospital across the training yard, and a mess-hall on ground floor of the tower.

RE: What are some good RP spots? - Nero - 10-29-2015

This user has received a warning under Section 7 - Commercial Advertising.

Joking aside, open-world RP that is like the Quicksand but not AT the Quicksand can be kind of tricky. All three of the Adventurer's Guilds in all three cities tend to have at least a bit of activity. Grindstone is the progenitor for a lot of player connections, and failing that, you can occasionally catch some stuff happening in Ishgard.

RE: What are some good RP spots? - GhostlyMaiden - 10-29-2015

Oh if only Grindstone wasn't taking place during Halloween. But I will definitely try to come soon.

I'll be sure to remember these places and check out the activity from time-to-time. Thank's guys, and if anyone else has even more suggestions, I will still read them, ^_^