Hydaelyn Role-Players
By the Campfire (Open Free for all) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Role-Play (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: Town Square (IC) (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: By the Campfire (Open Free for all) (/showthread.php?tid=14057)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

By the Campfire (Open Free for all) - Khunbish Avagnar - 10-29-2015

Locale: The Black Shroud
Time: Nearing Sunset
Weather: Fair

A fairly simple campsite was set up in a space between trees and near the bank of one of the many streams that cut through the Black Shroud. A fire pit was already dug, with the logs in place and ringed with rocks. Not far from the fire a simple lean-to was set up, canvas and poles tied together to provide a degree of shelter with a bedroll spread out.

There was plenty of space for more tents, from the simple to the extravagant to be set up, and space for bigger fires and such, but at the moment it was just this basic start of a camp site beneath the boughs of the Twelves woods. A new, peaceful place for travelers to stop off and talk, and meet, and part, maybe with new friends, or new enemies.

RE: By the Campfire (Open Free for all) - Khunbish Avagnar - 10-29-2015

Aiswynd settles down on the bank of the stream and casts his hook and bait out. Nearby, a coeurl kitten and a wyvern are curled up together sleeping away on his bedroll, and staked down nearby is a Rhotano blue chocobo in a skull mask and black cloak chomping away on Gysahl Greens.

He shifts and recasts his lure, "It's a pretty quiet day at least..." he looks up at the sky and smiles, "I can probably catch a few for dinner before it gets dark."

RE: By the Campfire (Open Free for all) - SicketySix - 10-29-2015

Dacein was currently wandering around the Shroud, taking in the sites and sounds of the forest. He paused and closed his eyes for a moment, inhaled deeply, the smell of the damp soil and the scented smell of wild flowers filled his nostrils, a gentle breeze fluttered the dark hair hanging down in front of his forehead.

The wind whisked around loose threads of the casual shirt he was sporting, the breeze ever so gently causing the sword at his side to sway slightly. It was not that he was expecting trouble, but being new to the area he thought it best to take precautions.

"This forest is almost therapeutic" he mumbles to himself. He thinks back to the previous nights encounter with the young Elezen woman he had met with the previous night, a soft smile spreads across his face "I'm assuming her offer to show me the sites have no been revoked" he chuckled softly. With a quick shake of his head he shook the memory of her from his mind and reflected back at his flight on the airship earlier that morning had been cancelled, freeing his time for all that day and into the next morning.

He would open his eyes and stroll further into the forest where he would encounter a small river and follow it upstream to see where it led. I hadn't gone far when he spotted the Au Ra fishing on the back. He stopped in his tracks and studied the man. Au Ra and Ishgardians were usually not that friendly towards each other, and even he himself were not that found of them. Still though, the man was fishing and that was something Dacein very much enjoyed doing.

Cautiously he would approach the man, walking loud enough to alert the man of his presence before raising a hand slowly as to show no ill will and would speak "Hello Sir, have we any luck today?" he would then unbuckle the sword and lean it against the rugged trunk of a tall tree, it was there if he needed it, but hopefully disarming himself would set the man at ease of being approached by a foreigner.

RE: By the Campfire (Open Free for all) - Khunbish Avagnar - 10-29-2015

Aiswynd tilts his head as the Elezen man approached, hearing him before the unbuckling of a weapon, "The fish are biting decently well. I'd share but..." he eyes the man for a moment, almost as if he was about to decline on basis of Au Ra and Ishgardian, "You look like you know your way around a fishing rod so you probably don't need a hand out." he laughs lightly.

He motions to the empty camp site, and the multitude of space, "Ishgard by the accent, don't fret." he pulls out a badge, showing that he was a member of the Skysteel Manufactory, "I'm not an enemy, might not be friend, but I am not your foeman." he pulls the hook out and sighs, "Got away." he mutters before casting into the water again after re-baiting the hook.

RE: By the Campfire (Open Free for all) - SicketySix - 10-30-2015

"Yes you would be correct, Ishgard blood through and through, as my Fathers before me" he replies with a nod of his head as the man shows the badge to him "I know a way around a pole, but never had the experience to do so in Gridania, this being my 1st time to this part of Eorzea. I doubt I will have much free time after today seeing as I'm headed back tomorrow."

He sat down and leaned back against the tall tree closing his eyes he tilted his head to the sky, basking in the remaining rays of the sun that was filtering thru the trees.

"This forest is a far cry from Ishgard" he pauses as if deep in thought before continuing "So what brings you out here, is the fishing that good or are the just passing thru?"

RE: By the Campfire (Open Free for all) - Khunbish Avagnar - 10-30-2015

The line returns again without a fish, the bait is still on the line this time, "A little of a, a little of b, and a little of c." he comments and smiles at Dacein. He shifts his head, popping his neck as he does so, "It is a far cry...but it is all a far cry from the Steppes of Othard, but in a nice way, plenty of food, plenty of cover." he laughs a little bit.

After a few moments he really answers the question, "I used to work for the Adders before I joined Skysteel, and the few friends I have are either here or in Ul'dah, I just work for the Skysteel, and learn about machines." he chuckles lightly, "I was in Ul'dah not long ago so...I was passing through, but I was here on purpose...I'm also in no rush."

RE: By the Campfire (Open Free for all) - JudicialHunter - 10-30-2015

Rihxo's tail waved about in some kind of nervous excitement as she wandered her way through the Shroud. Maybe she should've checked her map again on the way to Gridania, but this was certainly more enthralling than following a road. And besides, she'd figure things out. Probably.

Her ears perked as she noticed a little campsite in the distance. "Ooooh! Maybe I can ask someone there for directions," she said, a big smile on her face. Thinking out loud, apparently. She'd make her way over to the site slowly, noticing two figures sitting by the bank. Rihxo walked up happily, a sweet little smile on her face. "Hi there!" She'd give a little wave to the two before folding her hands in front of her. "Sorry if I'm interrupting you or anything. Do you know the way to Gridania from here? I'm not familiar with the forest."

((EDIT: I don't know how to read apparently))

"I see, well having ties to Ishgard is reason enough for us to look over our racial differences as I'm sure we have both already considered them *he would let out a soft chuckle before continuing....Well I've only arrived fo......" he stops upon being interrupted

"Oh hello there" he responded, looking up to the approaching Miqo'te, studying her intently wondering where she came from. He ponders her question before slowly replying. "In fact, I'm not entirely sure where we currently are, I simply followed the river upstream, so apart from telling you travel downstream, I am a bit lost myself. Perhaps our friend here knows the way" he needs at the Au Ra fishing on the bank

"Oh, okay. That's fine! Thanks for the suggestion, though. I'll probably stop for the night soon anyway, since it's almost sunset..." Rihxo would yawn, ears flicking a bit.

"Oh! I should mention, my name is Rihxo. Rihxo Matoi!" She'd give another one of those sweet smiles. "It's super nice to meet you both. What're your names?" As she spoke, she'd open up a bag at her hip, taking out a little tin of pearl chocolates, popping one in her mouth. That must've been one of the sources of the scent she gave off - a faint one of chocolate and candy in general.

(10-30-2015, 12:14 PM)Novirae Wrote: "Oh, okay. That's fine! Thanks for the suggestion, though. I'll probably stop for the night soon anyway, since it's almost sunset..." Rihxo would yawn, ears flicking a bit.

"Oh! I should mention, my name is Rihxo. Rihxo Matoi!" She'd give another one of those sweet smiles. "It's super nice to meet you both. What're your names?" As she spoke, she'd open up a bag at her hip, taking out a little tin of pearl chocolates, popping one in her mouth. That must've been one of the sources of the scent she gave off - a faint one of chocolate and candy in general.

Well she's an energetic one - he thinks to himself, "The name is Dacein Vallerimonte, amd this is" he'd motion to the man fishing and pause for a few seconds "I'm afraid I didn't catch your name"

He would glance up into the sky after speaking "Yes, evening does seem to he falling fast. You say you are not familiar with the forest. Same as I then. What brings you to Gridania?"

((2 things. Is anyone besides me having a hard time of not cracking a Miqo'te and fishing joke, and I apologize for any misspellings, using my phone now))

(10-30-2015, 12:49 PM)SicketySix Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 12:14 PM)Novirae Wrote: "Oh, okay. That's fine! Thanks for the suggestion, though. I'll probably stop for the night soon anyway, since it's almost sunset..." Rihxo would yawn, ears flicking a bit.

Well she's an energetic one - he thinks to himself, "The name is Dacein Vallerimonte, amd this is" he'd motion to the man fishing and pause for a few seconds "I'm afraid I didn't catch your name"

He would glance up into the sky after speaking "Yes, evening does seem to he falling fast. You say you are not familiar with the forest. Same as I then. What brings you to Gridania?"

((2 things. Is anyone besides me having a hard time of not cracking a Miqo'te and fishing joke, and I apologize for any misspellings, using my phone now))
"It's super nice to meet you, Dacein!" Rihxo's one emerald eye would flit upwards, and now she'd look up to the sky as the sun was setting. "I'm here to visit the Archer's Guild. I trained under my parents with my bow-" she'd gesture to the bow on her back- "-but I figured it can't hurt to visit the guild, either." She'd look back down to the bank and take a seat next to Dacein, leaning back on her arms and looking at the sky. "The sunset's so pretty tonight."

((Ironically... Rihxo doesn't know how to fish. :^)
Also you're good, I mistype things and I'm on my computer...))

"Ahh the bow, tis a fine choice, one requiring patience and timing, not to mention a natural affinity to it."

He looks back up into the sky as well, "Yes, indeed it is. Normally I am not afforded the time to relax and admire my surroundings. This is a rare treat indeed, a rare treat.

He would prop his hands behind his head and look up into the sky, almost as if he had lost himself in them

"Hee hee, you make it sound so formal. I really just aim, pull back, and let it fly. I'm better with people than my weapon, probably."

She'd sigh contentedly, her fluffy tail swishing about gently. "I don't usually get to watch the sunset like this. I'm normally in the Quicksand talking to people." She'd go quiet for the moment, letting her words sink in. "Not that I mind though," she'd add quickly.

Rihxo would sit up and pull her hair out of its usual braid, pulling it into a messy bun. She'd then pop another chocolate in her mouth before holding the tin out to Dacein. "Want one? They're super tasty!"

(10-30-2015, 02:16 PM)Novirae Wrote: "Hee hee, you make it sound so formal. I really just aim, pull back, and let it fly. I'm better with people than my weapon, probably."

She'd sigh contentedly, her fluffy tail swishing about gently. "I don't usually get to watch the sunset like this. I'm normally in the Quicksand talking to people." She'd go quiet for the moment, letting her words sink in. "Not that I mind though," she'd add quickly.

Rihxo would sit up and pull her hair out of its usual braid, pulling it into a messy bun. She'd then pop another chocolate in her mouth before holding the tin out to Dacein. "Want one? They're super tasty!"

"The Quicksand, I must admit I am rather not fond of the place"
He would stop and consider her request before reach his hand to hers to receive one.

"Yes, it would be rather nice to sit and admire, to drink in the smells sites and sounds of evenings such as this. But alas, the world has other things in mind"

He would let out a long sight, one that would sound of emotional pain then of being tired.
"We're you born in Uldah?"

RE: By the Campfire (Open Free for all) - Khunbish Avagnar - 10-30-2015

((Work happened, it's a thing unfortunately but I am back!))

Aiswynd glances up, having apparently lost himself to the fishing for a bit, pulling the hook out, this time a fish attached to the line. He struggles only a bit before he gets a hold of it and with a snap, the fish is no longer moving before being deposited into a water basket next to him. He smiles at the two of them and blinks as he looks at the Miqo'te.

"Oh hello, sorry I didn't notice you arrive." he closes his eyes for a moment, "But I did hear, we're actually south of Gridania, so you haven't quite gotten lost, but I wouldn't go wandering too much this late, the Ixal don't come around this part of the shroud much but...you'll be crossing the edges of their territory before you get to Gridania and that's best in daylight when you can see them too."