Hydaelyn Role-Players
Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! (/showthread.php?tid=14154)

Pages: 1 2

Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! - Luneth - 11-04-2015

I'm new to these forums but not new to FFXIV, and I re-subbed the other day after being gone for about a year. I originally fell in love with FFXIV after a serious car accident changed my life, as it gave me something to do while being trapped at home and now after a break I decided that I desperately needed a hobby/distraction and missed gaming so here I am! I am so excited to be back, even though it is a little overwhelming being so far behind and trying to figure out how and where to pick up where you left off. 

The biggest issue I had when I returned, however, was simply the fact that I no longer knew anyone on my server. My friends list had all deleted characters, and my FC was gone. I chose to re-sub to FFXIV specifically because I thought it had the most to offer in terms of story and solo content which meant that I would not be as reliant on others to enjoy the game, however I have to admit that I was feeling pretty lonely wandering around Eorzea alone. In order for me to really enjoy an MMO I really prefer not to have to play all by myself with nobody to talk to. Having an active FC or LS where you can talk to people you actually know and enjoy talking to is a huge part of what makes a game like this so fun. So, my plan is simply to try to decide on a server where I can try to re-roll a character and if I manage to find a place to belong I would just level a new character, as much as it is going to kill me abandon my main. 

Aside from FFXIV, I have been playing WoW off and on (currently off) for the better part of a decade and for the last several years while I was playing that game I was playing on the RP server WrA, and was the Admin of our server's RP community Facebook page for a few years. I began RPing on Neopets when I was a kid and enjoyed RPing on forums and websites and via IM so I decided to give it a try in game and found that the RP servers tended to have a closer, more tight-knit and cooperative community and a lot less of spam and trolling in the chat channels than normal servers and I thought it was possible that the same might be true of FFXIV and then I found this website and decided to see what I could find out about the RP server(s). I know there is no "official server" but that Balmung is known to be home to many RPers.

I am just registering my Heavensward license!

Sorry for the essay. x_x;

Cheers! :3

RE: Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! - Faye - 11-04-2015

Heh, I started off on Neopets back in the day, as well! Welcome back! Big Grin Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. You're welcome to check us out! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested. Also, I'd be glad to chat or role-play anytime!

RE: Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! - Khunbish Avagnar - 11-04-2015

Welcome back to FF14 and welcome to the RPC! Plenty to see and RP with! :3 if you have questions don't hesitate to ask! I think there used to be a greeter that gave out RPC cookies? Dunno where they are, cookies weren't ever my thing so....sorry...

RE: Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! - synaesthetic - 11-04-2015

you can't really roll a new character on Balmung, the character creation lock is hardly ever lifted. You'd be better off just transferring your existing character here.

RE: Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! - Luneth - 11-04-2015

Thanks so much! I will take a look at the site and around the forums here.

(11-04-2015, 10:57 PM)synaesthetic Wrote: you can't really roll a new character on Balmung, the character creation lock is hardly ever lifted. You'd be better off just transferring your existing character here.
Well, after the cost of the expac I am tapped. I might offer some art commissions to come up with the money, but at least to start I am going to re-roll and try to make some friends first. :3

RE: Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! - Swygynwyzn - 11-05-2015

Welcome aboard!

RE: Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! - Khunbish Avagnar - 11-05-2015

Good luck Luneth, you'll really need it =\ I think there's some sort of service that'll message you when the restriction is lifted which is usually like 2-3 AM PST

RE: Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! - Luneth - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 01:09 AM)Aiswynd Wrote: Good luck Luneth, you'll really need it =\ I think there's some sort of service that'll message you when the restriction is lifted which is usually like 2-3 AM PST
Why do you think I'll need luck? :o

Which restriction are you talking about?

RE: Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! - Garalona - 11-05-2015

Welcome! And this is the aforementioned alert system: http://www.world-alerts.com

RE: Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! - Sana - 11-05-2015

Welcome back to the game, and good luck getting into Balmung if this is where you want to play!

I don't have a FC or any real Linkshells yet, but as a new player on the server I'm working to meet new faces all the time too. Feel free to send a message to Sana Zhwan if you want.

RE: Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! - Khunbish Avagnar - 11-05-2015

(11-05-2015, 02:28 AM)Luneth Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 01:09 AM)Aiswynd Wrote: Good luck Luneth, you'll really need it =\ I think there's some sort of service that'll message you when the restriction is lifted which is usually like 2-3 AM PST
Why do you think I'll need luck? :o

Which restriction are you talking about?
The character creation restriction for balmung's only been lifted twice in the past hrm...month I think it was? and that was only for like a one hour window in the depths of the night.

RE: Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! - Luneth - 11-06-2015

Derp. I don't know why it took me so long to put that together, heh. 

I suppose that the restriction is in effect even if you do a paid transfer?

RE: Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! - Swygynwyzn - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 07:00 AM)Luneth Wrote: Derp. I don't know why it took me so long to put that together, heh. 

No not at all. You can transfer when ever you want with paid transfer.

RE: Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! - Garalona - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 07:22 AM)Swygynwyzn Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 07:00 AM)Luneth Wrote: Derp. I don't know why it took me so long to put that together, heh. 

And the 18 bucks lets you transfer multiple characters, too!

RE: Returning, Homeless, Lonely Player! - Swygynwyzn - 11-06-2015

(11-06-2015, 09:00 AM)Garalona Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 07:22 AM)Swygynwyzn Wrote:

And the 18 bucks lets you transfer multiple characters, too!
Which is pretty freakin cool. Most games dont do that.