Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions (/showthread.php?tid=14248)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

[Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Kage - 11-10-2015

I figured we can talk about the story/other 3.1 dungeon spoilers here~?

Before I headed off to work, I opened up the quest to start the MSQ.

Poor Tarutaru, trying to tell us to go meet Y'shtola who went to receive one of the Scholars of Baldesion who have come to aid us in finding the other Scions.

*cough*Krile??*cough*

Though I do believe I found some images of a Scion who wished to know that some magics be.... uh... hehe. Nutkins are great censors.

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Aaron - 11-10-2015

First and most importantly- Blind bitches who go by hairstyle as a way to compare can't say Aaron looks like Thancred now. But Thancreds new hairstyle is awesome, plus he got a tan. He took a lesson in badass.

Secondly - The WoD is the derplander (his voice acting is awesome as fuck)

Thirdly - That Thancred vs WoD scrap was the highlight of the MSQ for me.

And lastly - I think Yshtola being naked is a scene we all will never forget Cool

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Vyce - 11-10-2015

I think Ser Aymeric being naked is a scene we will all never forget we need. But honestly the actions cutscenes in this game are fantastic. I can't wait to get 3.1 patched because these spoilers are exciting me.

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Virella - 11-10-2015

Oooh the rage Virella will have to endure, this MSQ is going places yes

And that ending teaser, please, please, please let Ala Mhigo be the next expansion

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Kage - 11-10-2015

3.0 to 3.1 Screenshot album of Idyllshire's changes!
http://imgur.com/a/8IEZP

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - mongi291 - 11-10-2015

And there I was hoping something more about the Warrior of Darkness. I mean, why does only the Derplander talk? Where do they come from? What's their name? Why did they attack us? Why are they allied with Elidibus if they were shown enemies of that Ascian?
By the way, I really like Thancred's redesign.

EDIT: Also what the hell is going on with Urianger? Is he a traitor or not?

(11-10-2015, 02:43 PM)mongi291 Wrote: And there I was hoping something more about the Warrior of Darkness. I mean, why does only the Derplander talk? Where do they come from? What's their name? Why did they attack us? Why are they allied with Elidibus if they were shown enemies of that Ascian?
By the way, I really like Thancred's redesign.
Same! He really upgraded in everything from looks to weapons.

I wonder if NIN will get asymmetric weapons later on as well.

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Zelmanov - 11-10-2015

Echo Apparently uniquely manifests in each person according to Krile. Not only that, but it seems past warriors of light were much stronger than you were if their strength is proportional to the light crystals they possessed.

I have my suspicions of Artoirel, he may mean well but I feel he may go the path of darkness due to Edgemont visibly favoring Haucherfant and then calling Aymeric his son as well.

We got to see a lore use of teleport via the Dark White mage (that sounds so dumb)

Nidhogg's posse apparently up and vacated along with Nidhogg if I undertsood Hraesvelgar properly, and Vidofnir's appearance will toss everyone in Ishgard into a tizzy

and I have a feeling destroying the ascians is something akin to the Pheonix Force or Galactus, they are forces of nature and even though the Warriors Of Darkness tried to destroy them before, it only led the world to ruin/ created more ascians.

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Sounsyy - 11-10-2015

So... while I was getting all my Sightseeing done in Azys Lla I happened to pass the Warring Triad.

Guys...
This was the Warring Triad yesterday...
[Image: latest?cb=20150729105135]

This is what I found today...
[Image: QyR9CEw.png]

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - mongi291 - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 03:16 PM)Zelmanov Wrote: Echo Apparently uniquely manifests in each person according to Krile. Not only that, but it seems past warriors of light were much stronger than you were if their strength is proportional to the light crystals they possessed.

I have my suspicions of Artoirel, he may mean well but I feel he may go the path of darkness due to Edgemont visibly favoring Haucherfant and then calling Aymeric his son as well.

We got to see a lore use of teleport via the Dark White mage (that sounds so dumb)

Nidhogg's posse apparently up and vacated along with Nidhogg if I undertsood Hraesvelgar properly, and Vidofnir's appearance will toss everyone in Ishgard into a tizzy

and I have a feeling destroying the ascians is something akin to the Pheonix Force or Galactus, they are forces of nature and even though the Warriors Of Darkness tried to destroy them before, it only led the world to ruin/ created more ascians.
I don't really suspect Artoirel.
Emmanellain, on the other hand... I don't trust him one bit.

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Vyce - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 03:22 PM)Sounsyy Wrote: So... while I was getting all my Sightseeing done in Azys Lla I happened to pass the Warring Triad.

Guys...
This was the Warring Triad yesterday...
[Image: latest?cb=20150729105135]

This is what I found today...
[Image: QyR9CEw.png]
*gasp*

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Kage - 11-10-2015

(11-10-2015, 03:16 PM)Zelmanov Wrote: Echo Apparently uniquely manifests in each person according to Krile. Not only that, but it seems past warriors of light were much stronger than you were if their strength is proportional to the light crystals they possessed.
Anonymoose too is getting confused about the differences.
Anonymoose who asks you to send help he's dying Wrote:Confusion about Hydaelyn's Gifts (Please Send Help, I am Dying)

Back in 2.5, Midgardsormr's actions made us draw a distinction between the Echo and the blessing of Light, but don't the conversations with Krile muddy our theories a bit? Remember how Krile says she was saved thanks to the blessing of Light and Alphinaud immediately equates it with the Echo? ... What?

I'm still trying to suss it all out, what it is then that makes us different (and something must, Midgardsormr didn't care that we had the Echo, he was furious about us being "Her champion"). The blessing is still seemingly different than the Echo, but (at this moment) I think what's going on is that [Echo & Blessing] are potentially linked even when [Champion] is not included - that I had previously lumped aspects of [Blessing] in with [Champion] and failed to make the third distinction.

Krile says that Hydaelyn bestows a Crystal of Light upon many who are gifted with the Echo, which fits with Ysayle. Yet the Ascians make a big deal out of the fact that we have a bunch of them - that they are drawn to us - that we can interfere with the aetherial realm to manifest them. Perhaps that is the third tier. There are people who are gifted with the Echo, chosen warriors best suited to bear Crystals of Light (and through them, the blessing), and then there is the Warrior of Light, with a few other perks (and much more power).

Anybody else got any ideas? Especially simpler ones? I tend to extravagantly overthink the unknown.

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - Zelmanov - 11-10-2015

While I had entirely forgot how we were robbed of our blessing of light (But not echo because we still had echo buffs), My only conclusion is that the two are intertwined and only our WOL has ever experienced the severance of the two...I do not know.

Also, as an addendum, Y'shtola suspects Thancred has lost the ability to manipulate aether, its why he simply didn't teleport back after getting some clothes

HOWEVER, the inability to manipulate Aether is SEPERATE from his ability to jump insane heights and have cheesy anime clashes against the Warrior of Darkness...

which throws a wrench into a lot of RPC's head canons about aether in combat (like EVERYONE is an aether user, be it gladiator or mage.)

In that case I guess Eorzeans don't need to use the aether excuse to do triple flips or anime clashes.

I am ok with this.

RE: [Spoilers] 3.1 MSQ and Others Discussions - -no longer matters- - 11-10-2015

I've done none of the 3.1 MSQ so far because work, but I've always been one of those people that don't mind spoilers. Anyone have a screen shot of the new Thancred?