Hydaelyn Role-Players
Kerr - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Kerr (/showthread.php?tid=1441)

Kerr - Kerr - 10-25-2012

I. Basic Info
  • Characters: Kerr V'yen
  • Primary character: Kerr V'yen
  • Linkshells: TBA
  • Primary RP linkshell: TBA

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
    I would probably put myself into the medium-heavy category. Within an MMO can be very different from my usual play style, which is usually very lengthy and detailed. The faster pace can be very refreshing, but I will probably also supplement things with forum and IM RP with whoever enjoys such things.

I put myself mostly in Medium because there are days when I log into an MMO where I just want to get things like quests and other such tasks accomplished. If I'm focused on a specific task, I'm less likely to engage others in RP and will tend to be very quiet over IC chat.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
    Combat can be very difficult to pull off correctly. I feel like it needs to be discussed and planned with input and consent from both parties. I don't think a dice roll should decide anything related to winning or injury to either character. We spend so much time and effort on creating and shaping these 'people'. Like with anything else, I think we need to take care with them and respect one another's choices and goals for our characters.

To sum things up: With a trusted partner and one who is easy to communicate with, I think combat can be a great thing. Without it, I'm not all that interested.

• Views on IC romance:
    Now this is a fun topic for me. I think romance is a good thing to have in any RP. I don't think it is always needed, per say, but I do believe that there would be people in my characters lives that they would eventually find feelings of some sort for. To deny that, I feel, cuts off a large number of potential RP opportunities. That said, I'm not someone who jumps at every chance to be romantic with another character. There has to be real chemistry between the characters and between the authors' writing styles.

I do ERP, with select individuals. Right now, I only have one person I do this with and it is a private, IM event.

I do not believe that an IC romance reflects the feelings of the people behind them, however. Just because my character fancies you, does not mean I do. What's between characters is between them. I do not see any form of IC romance as cheating IRL, but I will respect those that do. The most you'll see from me without asking in this regard is some playful flirting.

I adore homosexuality in both forms. (Sorry, my beautiful straight-only friends!) I prefer male/male interactions the most, but I do love some girl/girl action too. The only ERP I do is male/male. I do love a good hetero romance too, but it's rare that I find the right chemistry to fully enjoy it. If the chemistry is right though, I'll pretty much do anything. ... Except aldgoats. Wink

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    I like this aspect of RP. Having two (or more) people bound by common family bonds can be interesting and fun. Usually, however, I opt out of the option. If someone is interested and makes the effort to collaborate, then I'm certainly open to discuss it.

• Views on lore:
    Lore, I think, is a tool. It helps us better understand the world we are trying to fit into and the people that inhabit it. I think lore is an important part of fitting into any world that is not of your own creation. However, I don't think that exceptions can't be made. It's "more like guidelines anyway", right?

• Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):

This... I can waver on. /say is strictly IC for me, but other forms of chat can vary. Usually, I simply adapt to whatever form of chatter my LS is using. I have noticed, I will be a bit quieter if it's all IC, but that doesn't generally present any problems for me. People just tend to think I'm shy, when it's just I don't have anything particularly important/interesting to contribute right then.

I will note that I do like my IC /linkshell and /tells to be dialogue only. I don't really think it's all that feasible that people can tell what your actions are from long distances, but that's just me.

If people have a preference either way, I'm pretty adaptable.

III. Other Info
  • Timezone: Central
  • Contact info: PM me.

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~