Hydaelyn Role-Players
Loving the Roegadyns - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Loving the Roegadyns (/showthread.php?tid=14447)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Loving the Roegadyns - Zuiko - 12-01-2015

This would be my second day playing final fantasy and let me say by far it is an awesome game. I have loved the leveling but most of all I have enjoyed role playing again. Today I was trying out some tavern role play when another player had messaged me asking why I chose a Roegadyn to role play as. I gave them a reason and needless to say they had replied back asking if I was worried about my character never finding love or having any of those things that come with love. I wasn't quite sure how to respond but I managed to say that it wouldn't ruin my role play and the story I was creating.

The questions I want to ask are; Are people really afraid in falling in love with Roegadyn? If so why? And finally If I ever desire to do the naughty, is it near impossible for a Roegadyn to find someone? 

I do apologize if one of those questions was wrong but I was honestly wondering and I figured I would come to here to ask since the community seems really helpful and nice. Also if you would like to role play my characters name is Flaming Blade and I am usually either leveling or hanging around the Quicksand. Thanks for you help!

RE: Loving the Roegadyns - Iex - 12-01-2015

Um... 

I am not sure how to word this other than:

No? Really Roegadyn get lots of romance, you needeth worry.

RE: Loving the Roegadyns - Oroban - 12-01-2015

Mmm, Roegadyn ladies...wait, what was the topic again?

RE: Loving the Roegadyns - Zuiko - 12-01-2015

Wondering if there was love for Roegadyn males.....I know it was weird to ask but the person that messaged me saying that couldn't give me a reason why.

RE: Loving the Roegadyns - Lady Whiteraven - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 02:16 AM)Oroban Wrote: Mmm, Roegadyn ladies...wait, what was the topic again?

I second this comment, and third it as well.

RE: Loving the Roegadyns - Valence - 12-01-2015

How to say it... Was that guy implying that people should choose a race solely on their ability to draw RP romance, or ERP, or whatever?

The thing that struck me when getting into the FFXIV RP community is the emphasis put on IC love and romance. Don't take me wrong, the community has proven to be really awesome, nice, and full of determined people with a general good atmosphere... It's just that everywhere I look, from RP players sheets to... wikis, there is always that central mention of views and stances on romance.

Is that such a central part to everyone's RP? (I know it can be powerful, but still?)

RE: Loving the Roegadyns - Berrod Armstrong - 12-01-2015

I don't think you'll have aaannnnyyything to worry about in that department.

RE: Loving the Roegadyns - Caspar - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 08:32 AM)Valence Wrote: How to say it... Was that guy implying that people should choose a race solely on their ability to draw RP romance, or ERP, or whatever?

The thing that struck me when getting into the FFXIV RP community is the emphasis put on IC love and romance. Don't take me wrong, the community has proven to be really awesome, nice, and full of determined people with a general good atmosphere... It's just that everywhere I look, from RP players sheets to... wikis, there is always that central mention of views and stances on romance.

Is that such a central part to everyone's RP? (I know it can be powerful, but still?)
Nope.wmv

It has happened unbidden, but it's ultimately small in importance to my character's story.

RE: Loving the Roegadyns - Warren Castille - 12-01-2015

I clicked on this thread and suddenly feel so very very parched. It's like my mouth and throat went totally dry for some reason.

On topic: Pick a pair of races of your choosing. Someone somewhere is happily RPing those races as a couple.

RE: Loving the Roegadyns - Virella - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 11:03 AM)Berrod Armstrong Wrote: I don't think you'll have aaannnnyyything to worry about in that department.
Nooooooooo I don't think so either

Unless you made a damn ugly roe, but even then eh...........

Roes are often quite desired. Female and male both. You really don't have to worry about a single thing. I get shittons of attention when I'm roleplaying one of my roes, more so then on my highlander or my elezen.

RE: Loving the Roegadyns - Greybarren - 12-01-2015

(12-01-2015, 01:47 AM)demongoose Wrote: The questions I want to ask are; Are people really afraid in falling in love with Roegadyn? If so why? And finally If I ever desire to do the naughty, is it near impossible for a Roegadyn to find someone? 

Process the the thought this way, if you might:  If you seek it, you will likely find it sooner or later.  If you don' might well still happen anyway, at least in the interest of other characters seeking yours.

I really think the person you were having a conversation with was just painting a picture based upon either their own preferences and/or confirmation bias.  Might be better to go out into the game world and build your own bias.  Wink

(12-01-2015, 08:32 AM)Valence Wrote: How to say it... Was that guy implying that people should choose a race solely on their ability to draw RP romance, or ERP, or whatever?

Having roleplayed probably for far, far too long online ... my observation over the years is that is has become much more mainstream among roleplayers to do this, especially in the open. Back in the EQ days, it happened, but it was generally a private affair.  I really started to notice the transition myself back in EvE online.  Not a bad thing, just that the culture has shifted quite a bit in this area from my view.

The whole relationship status thing is a flag or hook in my mind.  Stated the status notes you are open to relationship rp, while the status itself notes the current state or if you are available for a romance "hook" coin a storyteller term.

Here it's in the open, and a fair amount of folks seem to be doing it as they see fit.  However it's not so blantly overt I feel like I am wondering about a Gorian sim in Second Life, and there's plenty of good RP plot and adventure as well as a great atmosphere, as you stated.

RE: Loving the Roegadyns - Cato - 12-01-2015

Yeah. Romance is often given way too much focus in pretty much any mainstream MMO. I've lost count of the amount of role-players who have just suddenly cut off all contact upon realising that they're not going to have an instant hookup with my character.

It's not just 'the people in the Quicksand' who are the blame, either. They're exploited as convenient scapegoats but a lot of 'regular' role-players act that way too from what I've seen.

As with so many other things moderation is key.

RE: Loving the Roegadyns - Steel Wolf - 12-01-2015

It's easy to make people fall in love when you look like this. :3

[Image: ffxiv_08072015_203451.png]

RE: Loving the Roegadyns - Ludivine Goultard - 12-01-2015

I'm sure that Steel Wolf is responsible for at least 50% of the people who fantasia to a Roe.

Really, people will love any race, gender and appearance, so long as you put the effort in making a connection with them. Nobody should expect love to blossom overnight. Just treat it as you would IRL, and be proud of whatever you look like.

RE: Loving the Roegadyns - Dogberry - 12-01-2015

Stupid sexy Steel Wolf...

As both a roegadyn player and an incorrigible flirt, I can safely say you needn't worry. Then again, you really needn't worry about any racial choice. There's a lid for every pot, so to speak.