Hydaelyn Role-Players
Nefzen falling in! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Nefzen falling in! (/showthread.php?tid=14468)

Nefzen falling in! - Accendie - 12-02-2015

Greetings folks!

I've been poking around FF14 for awhile now over on Cactuar but a couple of my friends started RPing on Balmung and honestly I've been missing some RP since I left WoW oh so many years ago. 

--MMORPG background
*scratches head* Lemme see.. i think my first MMO was City of Heroes right after it first came out. Used to have huge lan parties and we'd do group stuff together. Holy cow that was a long time ago. Not too long after that though I managed to get into the Open Beta on WoW and fell in love. I've always been a more Fantasy person. Played that for YEARS.  Sometimes on sometimes off. I'm totally burned out on it now. Dabbled in NWN on a few servers. AION, Ryzom, Star Trek Online, Guild Wars 2, Wildstar, SWOR, EvE.... tried them all over the years. Nothing really stuck for long till my SO badgered me to try FF14. It's the first game since vanilla WoW that's felt like home.  Looking forward to many years of fun playtime. ^_^

--RP experience

Well.. I first started RPing WAAAAAAYYYY back in late 80 early 90s with the RollMaster and MERP Pen and Paper games. I've tried a lot of those over the years as well. Online... I never tried that until a few years into WoW when I got bored with Raiding and realized I was on an RP server so decided to see what it was about. That.. that was life consuming in such a good way. But like a lot of people WoW got dull and I quit playing about the same time a lot of other folks did. Quit is such a harsh word though.. more like retired. Still have contacts in the RP scene there.

Tried some NWN on a few persistent worlds. Life got in the way for many years but now I'm finding myself with freetime again. Wee!

--Character ideas/info

Nefzen is the youngest daughter in her family. One older sister (Sana) and four brothers (Erah'sae being one of them). She's always been a bit of a wild child and seems to take quite a bit of enjoyment out of tormenting her youngest brother. Personality-wise she's very much like a comedic anime character with aggression issues, but trust me I don't do it over the top. 

After her brother and sister both left home Nefzen wasn't about to stick around and let them have all the fun. She wants to explore the world, have adventures, and make sure her good for nothing baby brother doesn't get himself killed. She is currently staying in Limsa Lominsa, hanging out around the Fishermen's Guild and been seen nosing around the Dutiful Sisters of the Edelweiss.

That being said I'm on the lookout for anyone doing any Rogue's Guild based play. While mechanically she's already a 'ninja' she isn't one ICly.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Sana and Erah'sae... I blame them for everything. ;-)

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

Right now I'm fairly light. I still have my character on Cactuar not to mention IRL responsibilities that can tear me away at a moment's notice. That being said I take my RP seriously but for enjoyment. I do this to have fun, but having fun can be a serious thing too. I used to do some serious heavy RP on WOW and NWN (+8hr rp sessions anyone?). I'm used to Open RP but I'm not used to how things are done here on FF14 yet. I honestly haven't run into anyone except a few groups while I was out questing (people pick the strangest spots to rp around here sometimes...)

Also, is there any EST Daytime RP that goes on? While I can do evenings I have loads more free time during the day.

Mmm that's all I can think of for now. Any questions?

RE: Nefzen falling in! - Garalona - 12-02-2015

Welcome! Are you planning on transferring or are you going to moonlight back and forth between servers?

RE: Nefzen falling in! - Roe Dad - 12-02-2015

Welcome!

RE: Nefzen falling in! - Accendie - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 11:03 PM)Garalona Wrote: Welcome! Are you planning on transferring or are you going to moonlight back and forth between servers?
 Moonlighting for now. I like my group but I'm not a hardcore raider or anything and actually prefer RP so it's likely that as time goes on I'll be spending more and more time on Balmung than Cactuar. I'm kinda hoping to find some daytime RP groups so I can equally split my time.

RE: Nefzen falling in! - Thunderbolt300 - 12-03-2015

Welcome aboard to the community! Big Grin

NWN was some amazing RP times. I miss those sprees. 

I haven't seen a whole lot of Rogue's Guild stuff around so far, though, but I'd love to see more of that. L'anayla and her wife were at one time thieves and pickpockets, and to some degree they still are, but they moved into the ninja territory and now lead a double-life to keep a low profile while they work.

RE: Nefzen falling in! - As'elena - 12-03-2015

Welcome!

I am an EU player, so I am generally 6 hours ahead of most of the US. Soooo a lot of my playtime is during the day for many people while for me it's already evening.

I'll try to contact you sometime!

RE: Nefzen falling in! - Accendie - 12-03-2015

(12-03-2015, 12:45 PM)Thunderbolt300 Wrote: Welcome aboard to the community! Big Grin

NWN was some amazing RP times. I miss those sprees. 

I haven't seen a whole lot of Rogue's Guild stuff around so far, though, but I'd love to see more of that. L'anayla and her wife were at one time thieves and pickpockets, and to some degree they still are, but they moved into the ninja territory and now lead a double-life to keep a low profile while they work.

The whole idea of "The Code" and the way the guild is portrayed in the class quests really appeals to me and I think would fit well with my character. Things like information dealing and investigation as well as the occasional enforcing just seems like it could have a lot of potential.

(12-03-2015, 12:53 PM)Maariya Wrote: Welcome!

I am an EU player, so I am generally 6 hours ahead of most of the US. Soooo a lot of my playtime is during the day for many people while for me it's already evening.

I'll try to contact you sometime!

Awesome! Look forward to hearing from you. ^^

RE: Nefzen falling in! - Sana - 12-07-2015

You can't blame me for everything! I explicitly try to keep you OUT of trouble, and this place is nothing but trouble! Wink

RE: Nefzen falling in! - Erah'sae - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 10:35 AM)Sana Wrote: You can't blame me for everything! I explicitly try to keep you OUT of trouble, and this place is nothing but trouble! Wink

Just face it Sana.  All of this is your fault.  Everything.
How did all of this start again?

Sana:  You know I've been getting the roleplay itch again.

RE: Nefzen falling in! - MissMizzy - 12-07-2015

Welcome! I am new to! I still have to create this page for myself Smile Haha Hope you enjoy it here as well!

RE: Nefzen falling in! - Zar'ine Moks - 12-07-2015

Welcome o/ always nice to see a new face.

RE: Nefzen falling in! - Accendie - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 10:52 AM)Erah Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 10:35 AM)Sana Wrote: You can't blame me for everything! I explicitly try to keep you OUT of trouble, and this place is nothing but trouble! Wink

Just face it Sana.  All of this is your fault.  Everything.
How did all of this start again?

Sana:  You know I've been getting the roleplay itch again.

Yea.. WHO was it that started RPing her first? Who said "Let's so something kinda together"... LOLZ! THough really we should do some more filling in the blanks before we have to do "Quick, text Sana and see what happened with *blah*!"  (yes, that did happen in RP last night... it's tricky playing family members!)

RE: Nefzen falling in! - Telluride - 12-08-2015

Ah, so that's who the poor Miqo'te with the chaperone problems was!

Welcome to the fun pit of Balmung, and keep looking for those events!

RE: Nefzen falling in! - Accendie - 12-08-2015

(12-08-2015, 01:30 AM)Telluride Wrote: Ah, so that's who the poor Miqo'te with the chaperone problems was!

Welcome to the fun pit of Balmung, and keep looking for those events!

Oy! You must 'ta been the gent in the awesome hat! 

It was a great night for sure! Can't wait for the next pub crawl. I've already hit up a few things, looking forward to the ball and the tavern rp on Thurs and Saturday.