Hydaelyn Role-Players
Howdy! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Howdy! (/showthread.php?tid=14531)

Howdy! - watermoon - 12-08-2015

Hey, I'm Kelsey! I'm a 26 year old from the midwestern US. Smile

I'm a chronic insomniac (so I'm up at really strange hours and sometimes I doze off at my desk with no warning oops) who really likes rock music, ice hockey, writing, and animals.

My MMO background: I spent two years in Azeroth before I canceled my WoW sub in March and raided once or twice a week in a guild on Azjol-Nerub EU from roughly December to March.

I'm not particularly new to FFXIV, I started playing in June and have a handful of characters on Ragnarok but I'm not really involved in endgame content or anything.

My RP experience: none in game! I've done some forum text RPs and a little bit of a very strange form of larping but nothing in an MMO. I'd like to fix that. Unfortunately, my friends on Ragnarok have no interest in RP (but I can't really justify transferring my main off of Rag because even with that, I like my friends) and all the RP I see is in French, and I'm a monolingual US native. :c

I've got a rough idea for a character in the process of being fleshed out and am currently trying to get an alt onto Balmung. If nothing else I have 20 bucks from an early christmas present. I hope I don't have to use it but we'll see.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you guys! Smile

RE: Howdy! - TheBlob - 12-08-2015

Welcome! I wish you luck getting onto Balmung. 

My advice: dont get too attached to that $20. Sad

RE: Howdy! - Sahb - 12-08-2015

Welcome!

Going to echo what Shay said, although take the opportunity to make as many alts as you want. That $20 is a flat fee, not per character.

RE: Howdy! - Melodia - 12-08-2015

Welcome! And it's tough to get into Balmung, but at least if worst comes to worst..you have that $20 lol. Smile

RE: Howdy! - Roe Dad - 12-08-2015

Welcome hope you find a home here.

RE: Howdy! - JudicialHunter - 12-08-2015

Welcome to the RPC, fellow former WoW-player! \o/

If you ever want to RP, feel free to send me a PM until you get onto Balmung, I'd love to hear more about your character!

RE: Howdy! - Valence - 12-09-2015

There is actually french RP on Ragnarok? Intriguing.

RE: Howdy! - watermoon - 12-09-2015

(12-08-2015, 08:52 AM)ShayRei Wrote: Welcome! I wish you luck getting onto Balmung. 

My advice: dont get too attached to that $20. Sad

Thanks, and I'm bracing myself for it! If I can't slip on before christmas I'll probably end up shelling out within a week or so.

(12-08-2015, 09:23 AM)Sahb Wrote: Welcome!

Going to echo what Shay said, although take the opportunity to make as many alts as you want. That $20 is a flat fee, not per character.

Holy crap I did not know that, thank you for the info. That's far more generous than I expected! you can tell I'm still used to Blizzard trying to screw every penny possible out of me, can't you?

(12-08-2015, 09:28 AM)Melodia Wrote: Welcome! And it's tough to get into Balmung, but at least if worst comes to worst..you have that $20 lol. Smile

I stayed up far too late last night refreshing every three minutes on the dot because I have a problem, but yeah, I'm very glad I have that twenty because I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get real bored of this, lolz.

(12-08-2015, 09:58 AM)Lady Krist Wrote: Welcome hope you find a home here.

Thank you so much!

(12-08-2015, 04:43 PM)SilentNights1509 Wrote: Welcome to the RPC, fellow former WoW-player! \o/

If you ever want to RP, feel free to send me a PM until you get onto Balmung, I'd love to hear more about your character!

Hey, another Azeroth escapee! Big Grin *fistbump!*

Oh gosh I might actually have to take you up on that. I'm really rusty though, fair warning!

(12-09-2015, 12:44 PM)Valence Wrote: There is actually french RP on Ragnarok? Intriguing.

I think that's what was going on, yeah. I don't speak a word of it so I was running it through Google Translate and we all know how accurate that is(n't), but at any rate there's a pretty large French-speaking population on Ragnarok so I'm pretty sure you could find a RP partner there if that's up your alley.

RE: Howdy! - MissMizzy - 12-10-2015

Hi there! Welcome! Tongue

RE: Howdy! - Valence - 12-11-2015

Oh I was just mostly curious. I'm fine with the Balmung crowd.