Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Little trouble getting back into RP - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Little trouble getting back into RP (/showthread.php?tid=14542)

Pages: 1 2

Little trouble getting back into RP - turik_flarewyng - 12-09-2015

What's up, boys and girls (and whatever else you wanna call yourself <3).

Hope everything is going well. Been having a little trouble getting back into the swing of RP as of late, so thought I'd throw myself out there and whatnot. When Heavensward was releasing, I was pretty focused on running the new content (gotta get sexy new gear and stuff) and around that time my computer also broke, so I'd been out of game/RP for like 3 months. I'm back (with a sexy new PC  build :3) and I've been slowly getting back into RP, but to be honest, with that sudden hiatus, it feels like things have kinda passed me by a bit; storylines I was in progressed without me, a few friends I RPed with aren't really around/available anymore. I have a bit going on ICly, but its been a little challenging to get things rolling.

So, I'm down for friends, enemies, whatever I guess.

[Image: turik_flarewyng___my_ffxiv_main_characte...9jjppz.jpg]
Just a bit about Turik to see if you think he's too lame to RP with haha (don't bother reading if you're not into spoilers, though I won't reveal everything anyway):

Childhood:
His parents were taken by Amalj'aa for Ifrit when he was a kid and he raised himself in the wild since that incident.

Monk-ness:
By growing up alone like this, surrounded by creatures who know Miqo'te meat is the most delicious, he was physically forced to defend himself a constant basis, day and night, using only his body. This sort of involuntary training in nature led him, essentially, down the path of a monk. I say "essentially" because he never explicitly refers to himself as a monk ICly. His being a monk is more a happenstance of his childhood experience, not something he explicitly set out to learn nor is it something he actively claims (despite people automatically calling me one whenever they see me in game :3).

Life:
Never having really grown up in a particular place, he tends to wander and fight as he needs to get money, his primary goal being the pursuit of the Amalj'aa (those that worship Ifrit anyway) and Ifrit himself, but this has been resolved through RP... sort of... mostly... I'll leave the rest of that a surprise. Now he'll still fight for money, but he's more focused on fighting to help people (won't be your white knight per se, but he'll get the job done).

For personal reasons, you're most likely to find him somewhere around Thanalan, where he'll spend most of his time, but again, he's a wanderer, you can find him almost anywhere (except for Coerthas for a bit... Let's just say RNG was not kind to me during an RP fight out there relatively recently haha).

Relationships:
- Chocobo is chocoBRO, Turik's best friend, so he'll be around during RP relatively often. Just throwing that out there if you have some choco-phobia :P

That's enough rambling. Hit me up if you want (Turik Flarewyng, Balmung).

RE: Little trouble getting back into RP - JudicialHunter - 12-09-2015

Turiiiiik! Hi! <3

Gil and I would love to RP with you again, it was a lot of fun!

I'll even let you have the table back for a little while.

I'm always up to RP with you, in-game or on the forums, so yeah. ^^

RE: Little trouble getting back into RP - TrinMorwen - 12-09-2015

I second what Rihxo said! We would be happy to RP with you again.

RE: Little trouble getting back into RP - S'imba - 12-09-2015

Sounds interesting I'd love to meet your character!

RE: Little trouble getting back into RP - turik_flarewyng - 12-10-2015

(12-09-2015, 10:49 AM)SilentNights1509 Wrote: Turiiiiik! Hi! <3

Gil and I would love to RP with you again, it was a lot of fun!

I'll even let you have the table back for a little while.

I'm always up to RP with you, in-game or on the forums, so yeah. ^^
People who steal tables should be banned Tongue
But sure, RPing again would be nice
Hit me up when you're online I suppose lol

(12-09-2015, 05:16 PM)TrinMorwen Wrote: I second what Rihxo said! We would be happy to RP with you again.
Likewise, mate! I don't know if I friended you in game, but I'll be sure to do so next time we RP lol (I'm used to everyone being in the LS, so I don't always bother :3)

(12-09-2015, 07:04 PM)S Wrote: Sounds interesting I'd love to meet your character!
Kool, man Smile Your name looks familiar (and I don't mean from the Lion King). Are you in the QS a lot?

RE: Little trouble getting back into RP - Faye - 12-10-2015

Hi there, I'd be glad to role-play sometime!

RE: Little trouble getting back into RP - S'imba - 12-10-2015

Lol yeah I spend quite a bit of time there...well not as much as I used to. (And being recognized other than the lion king...time to go into isolation.)

(12-10-2015, 01:00 AM)S Wrote: Lol yeah I spend quite a bit of time there...well not as much as I used to. (And being recognized other than the lion king...time to go into isolation.)
Kool. Maybe I'll try to find you tomorrow after work sometime. I'm usually on like 7:00 PM EST to midnight on weekdays, whenever weekends haha. What's the last name again? In case I don't see you in the QS? I feel its either Tia or Nunh lol

(12-10-2015, 12:45 AM)Faye Wrote: Hi there, I'd be glad to role-play sometime!
Awesome. Perhaps I'll try to find you sometime this weekend then? Myabe Sunday (just remembered I'm doing something Saturday for some unknown period of time haha)
I'll at least friend you or something.

RE: Little trouble getting back into RP - S'imba - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 08:34 PM)turik_flarewyng Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 01:00 AM)S Wrote: Lol yeah I spend quite a bit of time there...well not as much as I used to. (And being recognized other than the lion king...time to go into isolation.)
Kool. Maybe I'll try to find you tomorrow after work sometime. I'm usually on like 7:00 PM EST to midnight on weekdays, whenever weekends haha. What's the last name again? In case I don't see you in the QS? I feel its either Tia or Nunh lol
Tia still haven't avenged my father and taken my place in the great circle of stuff by defeating my uncle S'car Nunh.

RE: Little trouble getting back into RP - Faye - 12-11-2015

(12-10-2015, 08:39 PM)turik_flarewyng Wrote:
Awesome. Perhaps I'll try to find you sometime this weekend then? Myabe Sunday (just remembered I'm doing something Saturday for some unknown period of time haha)

I'll be driving for six hours Sunday so I probably won't be around much that day ;_; But I'll be online plenty after that!

RE: Little trouble getting back into RP - turik_flarewyng - 12-12-2015

(12-11-2015, 01:03 AM)Faye Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 08:39 PM)turik_flarewyng Wrote:

I'll be driving for six hours Sunday so I probably won't be around much that day ;_; But I'll be online plenty after that!
I know the pain :3 Recently drove like 20 something hours myself >_>... I'll search for the name and add you in game. Then I'll shoot ya /tell. Seemed to work pretty well just now with the other person ^ Smile

RE: Little trouble getting back into RP - Emma - 12-12-2015

Hey there! Seems you and I took an absence at the same time. Although mine was a change in Real life, new job, etc.

I would love to RP with you again sometime. In fact I came to these forums just like you, wanting to make some RP connections as I have been out of the loop for far too long. <3