Hydaelyn Role-Players
Been a long time - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Been a long time (/showthread.php?tid=1459)

Pages: 1 2

Been a long time - Tadir - 11-05-2012

It's been a long time since I've played this game. I loved it, but my life took a major work related change and I kind of disappeared. (Started working 14-18 hours a day, 7 days a week. Government contracting can suck sometimes.) Didn't really have time to say goodbye or any of that, and I'm not sure if anyone I knew when the site was starting is still around.

My life has recently settled down, and I'd like to get back into this game full of wonderful lore and life. I was wondering if there was still an active community. Besaid, from what I hear, is gone. I'm not sure how that works with everything. Have all the characters been transfered to Balmung automatically or is Tadir gone?

Is there still an active RP community? If so, is Balmung the server everyone is on now? (I'm assuming from the title graphic.)

What's happening with the game, pre-2.0? Does nothing that happens count right now (in game. I assume RP stuff continues as normal.)

Anyway, I'd love to hear from people. Hopefully the community is still around and I can come back.

~Tadir

Re: Been a long time - Gerik - 11-05-2012

Hiiiiiiii welcome.

Kylin says you're really cool, looking forward to meeting you.

Re: Been a long time - Kylin - 11-05-2012

Holy crap! It's a wild Tadir! ::Throws pokeball without hesitating:: Did I get 'em?!!

Welcome back ^^.

Yeah, we're all on Balmung now. Whether that remains true with A Realm Reborn remains to be seen though. The game's final save was on the 1st, which means nothing matters anymore. The 7th Umbral Era has begun (monsters attacking cities, eerie background field music, Garleans attacking, Dalamud closer than ever, etc). The official end is this upcoming Saturday. Alpha testing for ARR is currently underway as well.

Re: Been a long time - Tadir - 11-05-2012

Holy crap! Kylin!

I'll be honest, I don't care about the ingame stuff. I've really missed the wonderful RP of this group and world. I have an active account, but I can't reactivate Tadir at this time for some reason. I look forward to the new game though. (I'm going to need to read up on everything that is happening so I can get a decent story going again. Garleans are actively attacking now?)

When the game comes up I look forward to seeing you ingame, until then, yaaaaaay! I'm back at the forums. I've really missed it, by the way.

And Hello Gerik! It's nice to meet you!

(I just checked. I can't believe I joined this site almost two and a half years ago.)

Re: Been a long time - Aysun - 11-05-2012

Welcome back.

Yea, they aren't allowing people to reactivate accounts on the 1.0 game anymore due to the end being near. Sad

People are in varying places ICly atm. Some of us are going with SE's time warp, so we will not be able to RP our characters from the 11th until ARR. Some are 'evacuating/hiding' or 'surviving' the event.. so they've got to come up with some stuff for 5 years of life between now and ARR.. but hey, at least they can RP!

Re: Been a long time - Eva - 11-05-2012

Whoa!!! Blast from the past! I still want to write articles for your newspaper!! Big Grin

Great to see you resurfaced!! :cheer:

Wow. There's a five year gap between the two eras? Well that works out perfectly for me. I just need to figure out what Tadir has been doing while I've been working. (I'm sorry for disappearing like I did.) And hey Eva!

Aysun. I understand why SE is doing it, but I'd like to be able to log in and look around Limsa a bit. It was always so pretty. Is there any date for the reactivation?

(Oh god. I just looked at the member list. Apparently I spent WAY too much time on this site before as I'm still the second most prolific poster on the board. I'm a bit ashamed at that.)

Re: Been a long time - Kerr - 11-05-2012

Wow! Tadir! I remember you from back when the RPC first started before FFXIV even launched. I had wondered if you still played. Awesome to see you back.

Re: Been a long time - Aysun - 11-05-2012

Unless anything changes (like maybe they'll allow reactivation when they bring the servers back up for socialization after they go down on the 11th) you won't be able to rejoin until ARR is released. You can apply for the alpha at the moment if you want..

Sorry D:

*Sits and cries softly into his hands.*

Well, I'll be able to play again eventually.

Re: Been a long time - Gerik - 11-05-2012

There there Tadir... Everything will work out in the end.

*puts a hand on Tadir's thigh softy.*

:twisted:

Re: Been a long time - Ellie - 11-05-2012

Nice to meet you! Sorry that you can't reactivate though. You kind of missed that boat a while ago...

Does anyone know if there will be server transfers at the switch? I have a Tadir on my friends server (which isn't RP and is very boring.) The model is exactly the same as the one on this server, so I'd love to just replace them because my other Tadir has much higher levels.

And hello Gerik and Keisuna.

Re: Been a long time - Kylin - 11-08-2012

All accounts/characters have been reactivated for the last 3 days. So here's your chance to get back in at the last second! ^^