Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: [Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? (/showthread.php?tid=14618)

Pages: 1 2

[Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? - Valence - 12-15-2015

Hello all,

I have been desperately trying to get into parties to run Bahamut's Coil, mostly because it looks like a cool instance, and more importantly because the plot looks extremely intriguing and full of answers of many sorts. It's probably one of the dungeons that makes me eager to learn all of its secrets.

The main issue is that it's almost impossible to get into it through DF, and I just don't really feel like running it unsynced. It's already a piece of cake with out overpimped stuff and I would love not to fall totally asleep while doing it, even if some parts seem challenging enough still... Anyway, even not through DF, it's a chore to organize.

And so I wondered if there are some people too that never did it and would be interested to run it as well, or just other folks that have done it and would like to do it again with people that never did like me?

Would it be possible for us to organize some runs like that, for example doing part 1 one day, then part 2 the other day, etc? Or split it into even smaller entities, i'm fine with it too!

What do you think?

RE: [Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? - MBajihri - 12-15-2015

Hey there! As someone who's run all 13 turns on content, most of them at 50 are beatable with about an hour of investment and having watched a video beforehand. Off the top of my head, the three that will really pose a threat to groups at 50 are Turn 9, 12 and 13 due to respective unique mechanics for their time. Around the turn of the New Year I may have some spare time to offer help, though! (I know how to teach all of them save for Turn 8, never invested a lot of time in it when we pushed to 9). 

You're right, though. Unsynced Coil runs are a snorefest. A lot of them can be cleared within 5 minutes with how high damage gets at 60 with Echo! If you want any more info, you can always whisper me in-game. I'd love to help in any way I can even if I'm busy for the foreseeable future.

RE: [Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? - Cheezie - 12-16-2015

I've run them all before as well, mostly as tank or bard, so if you need a tank or dps let me know.

RE: [Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? - ɴᴘᴄ - 12-16-2015

While my personal preference would be to unsync it and watch the cutscenes at the inn, I would still be happy to DPS with a full group.

Availability might be an issue for me though, as I'm usually on during AUNZ primetime.

RE: [Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? - Valence - 12-16-2015

I'm not against an unsynced group with fewer members if there is not really many of us interested, though... Not sure what is the minimum requirement for that though.

RE: [Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? - Caspar - 12-18-2015

I've completed everything pre nerf and pre echo on my main. If you need help or advice some time I can assist.

RE: [Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? - Swashbuckler - 12-18-2015

I've only completed pre-nerf up to Turn 9.

Had trouble doing T10 onwards then so I didn't bother doing them. (And I still need certain... abilities, like Stonerskin on my SCH.)

If you need assistance, let me know.

RE: [Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? - Nebbs - 12-18-2015

I'd be happy to come along for the fun. I can cover most rolls but certainly Tank & Heals.

RE: [Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? - Roe Dad - 12-18-2015

I shall

RE: [Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? - Seye Qhesu - 12-18-2015

I have been wanting the tank gear for looks so if you need someone to tank just let me know!

RE: [Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? - Valence - 12-18-2015

Well everyone is welcome!

Tank DPS heals... Not a big issue if we don't get a correct group compo, as long as we can align enough tanks and heals to run through it... If we get too many heals and tanks, not a big deal, they can DPS too anyway, considering how outdated the series is... I'm not sure if only one tank is enough for the whole thing? Same for heals? Do we need 2 of each? If we can get that core group, all is fine.

I would like to setup a date... Which would probably be a week end so that we can have more freedom to gather the most people. Probably EU evening, which should cover morning and afternoon for the US...

Also, no spoilers until the end at all will be the only non negotiable rule, of course.

RE: [Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? - Seye Qhesu - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 03:38 PM)Valence Wrote: Well everyone is welcome!

Tank DPS heals... Not a big issue if we don't get a correct group compo, as long as we can align enough tanks and heals to run through it... If we get too many heals and tanks, not a big deal, they can DPS too anyway, considering how outdated the series is... I'm not sure if only one tank is enough for the whole thing? Same for heals? Do we need 2 of each? If we can get that core group, all is fine.

I would like to setup a date... Which would probably be a week end so that we can have more freedom to gather the most people. Probably EU evening, which should cover morning and afternoon for the US...

Also, no spoilers until the end at all will be the only non negotiable rule, of course.
I can do early afternoon on Saturdays (12-3pm EST)

RE: [Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? - Caspar - 12-18-2015

My raid nights are tues, wed, sun. So I am not available tues/wed and only available before 9:00 pm pst on Sun

RE: [Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? - ɴᴘᴄ - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 05:16 PM)Ella Silentstorm Wrote: I can do early afternoon on Saturdays (12-3pm EST)

I can sub in the same timeslot on Sundays. B-squad represent.

RE: [Interest check] Mustering a run of Bahamut's Coil? - Valence - 12-18-2015

I'm thinking about next Saturday or Sunday (26-27th), would something like 20:00 GMT work? The time to set up, start the thing...

Or if it's too close to christmas and hazardous then, another week end...

(12-18-2015, 05:28 PM)Caspar Wrote: My raid nights are tues, wed, sun. So I am not available tues/wed and only available before 9:00 pm pst on Sun

Oh I will be asleep way before 9:00 pm PST, don't worry.