Hydaelyn Role-Players
Regards to FFXIII Event - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Regards to FFXIII Event (/showthread.php?tid=14722)

Pages: 1 2

Regards to FFXIII Event - Yunas13 - 12-25-2015

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/276658-FF13-event-items-to-be-added-to-Mogstation

I am really hoping this is real. I deleted my first character when I left the game for a little while not thinking I was coming back and losing that still stings. I rushed through my first time through to get the outfit/hairstyle/weapons. If this is real, I'm SO BUYING THESE!

RE: Regards to FFXIII Event - Zoya - 12-25-2015

Well...step forward, japanese speakers! The uneducated mob requires your aid in this time of need!

Personally, I'm not getting my hopes up just yet, but if it truly is real, I'll probably end up buying it for the hair. Again. I'm an idiot like that >.>

RE: Regards to FFXIII Event - Cliodhna Eoghan - 12-25-2015

Basically says it will be adding the item sets (male as one and female as the other) as well as each of the weapons as a separate item minus weapons that did not exist at the time. translation; "so please no dark knight, machinist, ninja, and astrologin".

RE: Regards to FFXIII Event - Seriphyn - 12-26-2015

Urgh, and I thought it was the end of that stupid lorebreaking trenchcoat.

RE: Regards to FFXIII Event - Warren Castille - 12-26-2015

How is a coat lorebreaking...?

RE: Regards to FFXIII Event - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-26-2015

(12-26-2015, 12:32 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: How is a coat lorebreaking...?

Especially for that Warrior of Light person. I mean, they even met Lightning and obtained the outfits by picking up boxes of them!

It's no more lore-breaking than any of the glamour gear to me. . At least the FXIII doesn't propagate Minfillia push-up cleavage.

RE: Regards to FFXIII Event - Aaron - 12-26-2015

Can't be any more lorebreaking than the Cloud outfit.

Never mind, I forgot the Snow Coat is from a science fiction sort of universe brimming with technology, and will therefore fit perfectly into FFXIV's setting. Rolleyes

RE: Regards to FFXIII Event - Cato - 12-26-2015

It's pretty easy to just write off unusual looking attire as being from beyond Eorzea's borders. Hydaelyn is a massive place and Eorzea is but a small part of it after all.

I'm pretty glad that they're adding the event gear to the store though. It'll help prevent the frequent request threads popping up on the official site and it's a sweet deal for those who happened to miss the event itself.

I'll have to take another look at the weapon selection since some of it may actually be pretty useful for Garlean characters and Magitek users.

RE: Regards to FFXIII Event - Flashhelix - 12-26-2015

(12-26-2015, 01:17 AM)Seriphyn Wrote: Never mind, I forgot the Snow Coat is from a science fiction sort of universe brimming with technology, and will therefore fit perfectly into FFXIV's setting. Rolleyes

[Image: ffxiii_profile_snow.jpg]

yeah man, check out all the high tech shit on that coat, it's got ZIPPERS and BUTTONS, so science fiction

RE: Regards to FFXIII Event - Oroban - 12-26-2015

Definitely looks like it belongs in a world with giant, sword wielding robots. Or maybe flying suits of robotic armor that shoot lasers. Definitely not in a plain ol fantasy world like FFXIV.

RE: Regards to FFXIII Event - Valence - 12-26-2015

Can't look more scify than ironworks 120 gear... Which I absolutely love for my WhM on a pure OOC level.

Because well, when i'm not RPing, considering that 80% or more of the people you see wear immersion breaking shit anyway (FFXIII stuff is clearly not the most immersion breaking stuff there is, and at least it's not full of cleavage/thigh revealing stuff, looking at you minfillia/yda).

If I want to RP in an immersive setup, I shut myself off inside my little bubble with RP friendlies and use the equipment accordingly...

(12-26-2015, 05:32 AM)Flashhelix Wrote:
(12-26-2015, 01:17 AM)Seriphyn Wrote: Never mind, I forgot the Snow Coat is from a science fiction sort of universe brimming with technology, and will therefore fit perfectly into FFXIV's setting. Rolleyes

yeah man, check out all the high tech shit on that coat, it's got ZIPPERS and BUTTONS, so science fiction

Actually, yes, the boots in particular have a contemporary construction to them. If you can find me FFXIV gear that also looks pulled straight from a 2015 catalogue...

RE: Regards to FFXIII Event - Flashhelix - 12-26-2015

(12-26-2015, 11:57 AM)Seriphyn Wrote:
(12-26-2015, 05:32 AM)Flashhelix Wrote:

Actually, yes, the boots in particular have a contemporary construction to them. If you can find me FFXIV gear that also looks pulled straight from a 2015 catalogue...

We've got an entire tier of raid gear that is literally power armor, I think combat boots with laces won't kill you

RE: Regards to FFXIII Event - Aaron - 12-26-2015

Never knew laces could kill a person's immersion.

This has gotten ridiculous.