Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Synerva Devereux - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Synerva Devereux (/showthread.php?tid=15189)

Synerva Devereux - Sorcini - 02-08-2016

I. Basic Info 
  • Characters: Synerva Devereux
  • Primary character: See above
  • Linkshells: Smokescreen
  • Primary RP linkshell: N/A

II. RP Style 
  • Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):
  • Heavy. I prefer more plot driven long term story arcs and character development. I totally love exploring the psychology behind why our characters do something. Saying that, I actually giggle quite a bit behind the screen when engaged in light RP. I guess anything at the end of the day is fun when it comes down to it. But yes, RP over PvE any and every time when I’m on my character. So send a tell if you see me.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:
  • Being new to RPing in game, I find it fascinating to look at a skill and figure out what sorts of descriptors to use for combat scenes. It also adds to conflicts and character growth so yes, by all means. I prefer /random if a character wants to do something extra special, at the same time I don’t mind if it’s RP’ed out. As long as there’s the appreciation that one character doesn’t have godlike abilities over the other, I’m good. Combat injuries come with the territory and lasting injuries can be discussed OOC. 

• Views on IC romance:
  • Sure, why not, if there’s actually a natural spark between two characters. I believe this isn’t something you can plan though. Like my first time playing a cRPG that I had no idea had a romance arc, I didn’t know what was going on and it lead to a very different kind of character than the one I set out playing. I think it definitely earns its respected position in terms of character development. 
    (In hindsight, I think I wrote my character a little too tough to crack but she does have feelings. Just that if anything were to happen well... he should probably bring a gun to the knife fight.;) )

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
  • For me, relationships of any kind leads to a richer developed character. I definitely could use more ties- cousins/distant relatives, rivals, frienemies, business partners, etc.  
    My character’s family is actually in its final stages of being fleshed out with another player’s character. Due to her background as well, certain races need to remain intact in her family tree but if anything, let’s see what we can work out. 

• Views on lore:
  • I personally like emersion so when lore is broken, it sort of breaks my suspension of disbelief of the world I’m in. I’m no lore expert though (Yes, I skipped through a ton of text- and now regret it!). I’m flexible where we *have* to make educated guesses or fill in the blanks.  
  • Views on chat functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
  • The usual IC chats and OOC brackets. Party chat and /linkshell seems good for locations that have a lot of chatter. 

III. Other Info 
  • Timezone: UTC +1
  • Contact info: PM, email, or in game tell. Whichever is easiest. Skype is an option too.

~Special announcements can be found in the posts below~