Hydaelyn Role-Players
How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) (/showthread.php?tid=15231)

How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) - Yuella - 02-11-2016

Let's say my character is a Sultansworn dedicated to the Sultan / Sultana.  When Nanamo announces that she would abolish the monarchy, all the Sultansworns would practically lose their jobs.  I think my character would be in the league with Lolorito and participate in faking Nanamo's death, achieving two objectives: Protect her AND keeping the monarchy (at least delaying its abolishment).

RE: How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) - LiadansWhisper - 02-11-2016

Not sure what the question is?

It's your character. Have her react the way you feel he or she should react.

RE: How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-11-2016

I could see a Sultansworn becoming dissillusioned with the order, as they basically had no effect in protecting the Sultana. They were shown to basically just be ceremonial Sad

RE: How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) - Warren Castille - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 10:32 PM)Yuella Wrote: Let's say my character is a Sultansworn dedicated to the Sultan / Sultana.  When Nanamo announces that she would abolish the monarchy, all the Sultansworns would practically lose their jobs.  I think my character would be in the league with Lolorito and participate in faking Nanamo's death, achieving two objectives: Protect her AND keeping the monarchy (at least delaying its abolishment).

A small snag there: That implies that Lolorito would have trusted someone in the Sultansworn with his plan in the first place. Seems counterintuitive.

Now watch as 3.2 reveal he had help from the Sultansworn.

RE: How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) - Nodem - 02-12-2016

(02-11-2016, 10:32 PM)Yuella Wrote: Let's say my character is a Sultansworn dedicated to the Sultan / Sultana.  When Nanamo announces that she would abolish the monarchy, all the Sultansworns would practically lose their jobs.  I think my character would be in the league with Lolorito and participate in faking Nanamo's death, achieving two objectives: Protect her AND keeping the monarchy (at least delaying its abolishment).

Only a few people knew of Nanamo's plan to begin with, and I don't think any Sultan sworn was informed.

With that said... I feel the Sultan sworn would more or less keep their jobs and instead would be the glorified bodyguards of the next person to step in; even if they're an elected official, or a council of people.

RE: How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-12-2016

(02-11-2016, 11:54 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:

A small snag there: That implies that Lolorito would have trusted someone in the Sultansworn with his plan in the first place. Seems counterintuitive.

Now watch as 3.2 reveal he had help from the Sultansworn.
The PLD questline implies that some/most of the Sultansworn are controlled by the monetarists.

RE: How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) - Caspar - 02-12-2016

I think it'd probably depend on the person.
There might be some who consider the oath binding even after she is removed from power, and then essentially take the role of bodyguards in a manner similar to how many ex-samurai became policemen in Imperial Japan. When your role in society becomes irrelevant, some are more successful at reintegrating with the rest than others. Others might consider a civic role as peacekeepers more relevant. Obviously this wouldn't change much for ex-sultansworn or errant Paladins.

And yeah, the Sultansworn in the Monetarists' court would probably work actively against her to maintain the monarchy.

RE: How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) - Coatleque - 02-12-2016

Only the leaders of the citystates were aware of her plans. The Sultansworn were in the dark the whole time. As someone who RPs a Sultansworn myself, Crofte downplayed such talk as mere rumors started by Nanamo's enemies.

RE: How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) - K'nahli - 02-12-2016

If you weren't already in his pocket to begin with then I can't think of a good reason why he would risk letting it slip that he planned on letting the assassination attempt go ahead at risk to the Sultana's well-being. It's quite a serious risk for a Nanamo devotee to take as opposed to trying to raise the alarm.

That and it was a secret. Not even Raubahn knew about it until afterwards.

Also I can't blame the Sultansworn for not being able to protect her. It did happen in her Private Chambers after all. The only odd thing is that they never made an appearance at all nor made any significant comment following the fact.

RE: How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) - Cynel1 - 02-12-2016

i don't know i think the Sultansworn were fed the lie at the time to prevent a morale blow.

RE: How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) - Coatleque - 02-12-2016

To the OP, if you've finished your level 50 Paladin quests, be sure to check back with Jenlyns and talk to him after specific points of the MSQ. His dialogue changes slightly based on current events. It will give you a better idea of what the Sworn do and do not know.

RE: How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) - Yuella - 02-13-2016

alright. i actually havent even created this character yet.  i have so many ideas for characters but not enough time to play. lol.

RE: How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) - Yuella - 02-15-2016

I have settled on my 8 characters for FFXIV!

1. Yuella Davilles, Female Hyur Midlander White Mage
This is my main character, the Warrior of Light in my story.  This is the character I will play "normally" and do many side quests and discover the lores.  Based on my ideal "mother figure" or "sister figure", a "girl next door" type.

2. Jane Eyre, Female Hyur Highlander Paladin
This is based on my geeky male fantasy of a female knight in shining armor (and she'll be a hot blonde of course Tongue).  She is a Sultansworn who helps Yuella whenever the MSQ goes to Thanalan.  One of Yuella's companions in Praetorium. Name based on Charlotte Bronte's most famous novel.  Highlander naming convention is a bit forced but Eyre means "a circuit court held in medieval England by a judge (a justice in eyre ) who rode from county to county for that purpose"

3. Wuthering Heights, Male Roegadyn 75% Sea Wolves, 25% Hellsguard Warrior
Yuella's main helper whenever the MSQ goes to La Noscea.  One of Yuella's companions in Praetorium.  Name based on Emily Bronte's novel.

4. ???, Male Miqo'te Moon Seeker Bard
Yuella's main helper in The Shroud.  One of Yuella's companions in Praetorium.  A carefree guy who just loves a good story to tell in taverns.

5. ???, Male Lalafell Plainsfolk Scholar
A geek who mostly researches in the background although he joins Yuella in Praetorium.  Based on myself.

6. ???, Male Lalafell Dunesfolk Black Mage
Just someone who loves destruction.  One of Yuella's companions in Praetorium.

7. Charmilyne Bronte, Female Elezen Wildwood Dragoon
Also based on my geeky female knight fantasy (red hair this time).  An Ishgardian who is sent to spy on the Eorzean alliance.  She's infatuated with Haurchefant (unrequited of course). Heavily involved in Heavensward storyline (unlike the others who kinda do their own thing after 2.0 ends).  One of Yuella's companions in Praetorium.  Name based on the Bronte Sisters (Charlotte, Emily, Anne).

8. ???, Female Au Ra Raen Ninja
Daughter of Doman escapees who joined the Dutiful Sisters of the Edelweiss.  One of Yuella's companions in Praetorium. Under Yugiri's suggestion, she trained to be a Ninja under Oboro (so she's technically still a Rogue during the Praetorium mission)

RE: How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) - Yuella - 02-21-2016

I've created my Jane Eyre character.  Im loving her so far!  Much more interesting than Wuthering Heights.  Blonde swordfighter ftw ^^

RE: How would a Sultansworn react to (MSQ SPOILERS) - Yuella - 02-25-2016

Damn.  I hate playing a male character.  Change of plan.  Since I won't have time to play 8 characters anyway, I'm going to reduce my characters to 5 "good looking" female

Midlander WHM, from Gridania
Highlander PLD, from Ul'Dah
Wildwood DRG, from Ishgard
Raen NIN, from Doma
Seeker SMN, from Limsa Lominsa

Incidently, those are the 5 jobs of the FFIV final party, which is my favorite game ever.