Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Little Ladies Charity Banquet - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] Little Ladies Charity Banquet (/showthread.php?tid=15377)

Pages: 1 2

Little Ladies Charity Banquet - Moonlit - 02-26-2016

[Image: LLSCB.png]

You are cordially invited,
  To the first, annual "Little Ladies' Day Charity Banquet." All members of society are invited to an evening of mingling, entertainment, dinner, and auction. All proceeds are going to the Amaranth Rose, a school for orphaned girls.

If you are a bard, join us for our dinner & show hour to entertain our guests and showcase your talent. Are you a talented baker? Bring us your best dessert to auction off during our dessert auction. And, of course, bring your coin purse, as there will be a donation jar alongside the auction so that all may donate towards the cause.

Want to go but don't have have formal attire or gil to spare? Speak with Simi Jinkjahl or Lilithium Rinannis for how you can participate towards the cause! We look forward to seeing everyone there.

✿ ❀ ~ Lilac Lace Society

Details,
  Hello everyone! The Lilac Lace Society is hosting our first annual event. It will be taking place Tuesday, March 8th, at 8:00PM EST and will go on until Midnight. We are recruiting bards and other performers for this event! If you have a specific talent that you would like to perform, please get in touch with Simi Jinkjahl or Lilithium Rinannis. Please be prepared to perform a 2-5 minute routine (individuals). Groups have up to 10 minutes to perform (due to the larger amount of people). Please remember to have /yell on during the event so that you can see all notices and performances!

When:  Tuesday, March 8th, at 8:00PM EST - 12:00AM EST.
Where: The HoD Estate Tavern (Lavender Beds, Ward 5, Plot 58). 
Why: An enjoyable charity get together to showcase community talent and host roleplay.
Who: Hosted by the Lilac Lace Society in the Harbingers of Dawn home. 
What: A charity banquet!

• 8:00PM EST - Event Begins, Mingling
  • 9:00PM - ~11:00PM EST - Dinner & Show
  • ~11:00PM EST - Auction
  • After the auction will be casual mingling until 12:00AM.
  • Times are subject to change pending the amount of participation.

Performers,
  As mentioned above, we're recruiting performers who would like to participate on stage during the dinner. We will have a one to two hour period where people will be eating and characters are allowed to perform. This is sign up only! So if you'd like to perform, please get in touch.

Time: 2-5 minutes for individual performers. Up to 10 minutes for groups.
         We will only be accepting four "group," performers for this event. First comes first!

Expectations: We would like all performer to pre-write their routine. Please be prepared to use /yell for all performances.

Message: Please message Moonlit or Lililove on this platform. Title it something related to the Banquet. Please include your character's name (or alias) and their talent. 
  • Arrelaine Fashonti
  • W'aelwyn Turrel
  • Waltz Concerto
  • Rowan Eldred
  • Dancing Storm

Bakers,
  As mentioned above, we're taking bakers to showcase your skill and auction it off for charity! The auction will last about an hour.

Message: Please message Moonlit or Lililove on this platform. Title it something related to the Banquet. Please include your character's name (or alias), what their dish is, and a description of the dish.  
  • Odile Delacroix
  • Munkhsaran Dotharl
  • Amachi Dainteru
  • Lilithium Rinannis
  • Simi Jinkjahl

Not A Bard or Baker,
  But still want to help? No problem! We will be taking a select amount of spots for those who want to help serve guests. We will be providing a uniform for both men and women to wear so please message Moonlit or Lililove on this platform.
  • Chouwa Morrison
  • Cotota Qestir
  • Minox Moks
  • Khaidai Moks
  • Yogo Romlo

Questions, Comments, Concerns,
  Please leave them in this thread and we'll get back to you as soon as we can! A special thank you to HoD for letting us host the event in your manor! xo

RE: Little Ladies Charity Banquet - Moonlit - 02-26-2016

[Image: LLSCB.png]

Dinner Details,
  As this is a banquet, the Lilac Lace Society has arranged dinner for all of the guests. There will be appetizers before and after dinner alongside various drinks. You'll find information on those -- plus the main course meals -- below!

Appetizers: 
For appetizers we have vegetarian miq'abobs and tuna miq'abobs. We also have an assortment of delicious honey muffins, oysters, and salt cod puffs. 

Vegetarians:
Vegetarians main dish is Peperoncino: noodles tossed in a mature olive oil that has been infused with garlic and dragon peppers. We also have cabbage stuffed with mushrooms, rice, and onions; it is seasoned with garlic, pepper, sage, and rosemary. Spinch Saute and flatbread also come with the dinner. 

Sea Lovers:
For those that prefer sea food we have Salmon Meuniere: a traditional Keeper of the Moon dish that consists of thick salmon fillet that is breaded with flour and fried in butter and savory spices. It is paired with boiled crayfish claws and tails. This dish comes with three deviled eggs and a small salad. 

Meat Lovers:
For our meat lovers, you have a choice between Loaghtan Steak or Roasted Canard. The Loaghtan Steak is soaked in a marinade of paprika, sherry, and thyme before being grilled. The Roasted Canard is drowned in sweet and sour sauce made from two kinds of oranges before being roasted! This dish comes with buttons in a blanket, tree toad legs, and a small salad. 

Drinks:
The drinks this evening will include both bitter and sweet red or white wine, whiskey, apple juice, orange juice, and rolanberry lassi. 

RE: Little Ladies Charity Banquet - Enla - 02-26-2016

Odile Delacroix would happily apply to the baking section! Though is dish in question one that's made through the CUL spec or something we can just write as them having made? If the latter, she'd bring a croquembouche tower and if the former a starlight cake decoration item. Blush

(02-26-2016, 03:22 AM)Enla Wrote: Odile Delacroix would happily apply to the baking section! Though is dish in question one that's made through the CUL spec or something we can just write as them having made? If the latter, she'd bring a croquembouche tower and if the former a starlight cake decoration item. Blush

As not everyone has access to funds or has leveled through CUL, we leave the choice to provide an item completely up to the baker. All we ask for is a description sent to myself or Lililove, alongside your character's name or alias, so that we can detail the item during the auction. ♥

I will take this moment to address a question I feel will come up:
All donations made are in character.

We expect you to know your character's wealth limit. ♥
Any donations that are received out of character will go towards getting Lilac Lace a small house to conduct their business.

I have gone ahead and updated the second post to reflect the dinner menu! ♥

Still have all sorts of spots available for people. ♥

RE: Little Ladies Charity Banquet - Arrelaine - 02-27-2016

Sign Arrelaine Fashonti up to be a performer!

RE: Little Ladies Charity Banquet - Moonlit - 02-27-2016

(02-27-2016, 05:48 PM)Arrelaine Wrote: Sign Arrelaine Fashonti up to be a performer!

Will do! Just message myself or Lililove (if you haven't already) to let us know what talent you'll be performing!

RE: Little Ladies Charity Banquet - Parvacake - 03-01-2016

Still looking for more people to fill various roles with the event itself almost a week away! Message myself or Moonlit with interest either here, in-game, or just here on the thread!

RE: Little Ladies Charity Banquet - TK Hikaru - 03-01-2016

I'd like to sign up Chouwa Morrison to be a server! I'd love to take part in the event, but seeing as a certain someone would rather stay unnoticed, a server sounds like an excellent option.

RE: Little Ladies Charity Banquet - Moonlit - 03-01-2016

Posts have been updated to reflect the amount of spots left! ♥

RE: Little Ladies Charity Banquet - Parvacake - 03-03-2016

Just a few more days away until the festivities! Big Grin

RE: Little Ladies Charity Banquet - Moonlit - 03-05-2016

Looking for more bakers to donate their goods and some servers. ♥♥

RE: Little Ladies Charity Banquet - Moonlit - 03-06-2016

♥ I have updated the post to reflect names that have signed up. 
I'm going to accept Bakers and Performers until tomorrow night at 10:00PM EST before I close sign ups. Please, please get in touch with myself or Lililove if you'd like to participate!

RE: Little Ladies Charity Banquet - Moonlit - 03-07-2016

One hour left to sign up as a baker or performer! ♥