Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings and salutations! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings and salutations! (/showthread.php?tid=15601)

Greetings and salutations! - Zenox - 03-20-2016

TL;DR: European veteran RPer taking another shot at FFXIV after a long hiatus! My main's an Elezen Duskwight by the name of Lonaroix Callarte on the Balmung server, and although I still have a long road ahead of me to catch up on the current content, I'd be happy to dive into some RP straight away!

MMO Background

I've played many MMOs, from classic to new ones, though the MMO where I spent most of my gaming career has to be Guild Wars 2. (Un)fortunately, I grew bored of the general gameplay and in combination with the fact that most of my friends there left on their own separate ways, I decided to move on myself. I've played FFXIV briefly before, though I sadly never fully got into it due to a lack of funds to sustain a subscription! Luckily, things have changed, and I'm glad to give it another shot. Big Grin I've still got a lot of ground to cover before I can partake into the new content, though I suppose everyone needs to start somewhere!

RP Background

I can't quite put an exact number on how long I've RPed, though I suppose I've got a minimum of five years of roleplaying behind me. From one-liners on forum RPs, to my first attempts at MMO RP, and even trying tabletop RP for a change, I can proudly say I've come a long way when it comes to RP, and I doubt I'll ever get weary of it!

Regarding MMO RP specifically, I've been an officer of a few guilds in the past, yet I've never taken the reins myself ( I'm more of a follower rather than the selfless leader! ). I tend to prefer MMO RP above the other RP media because I love having pretty visuals accompanied with my roleplaying experience, and I'm a fervent gamer, so - two dodos with one stone!

Character ideas/info

I'll likely spend most of my in-game time on my current main Lonaroix Callarte, an Elezen Duskwight who's currently a rough slate when it comes to character development! So far the only idea I've got for him is that he was once part of one of the Duskwight Bandit Gangs plaguing the Gridanian Forest, and that he seeks to 'redeem' himself, in lack of a better word! Normally I can build up a character pretty easily as I progress through the game I'm playing, but that's all I've got for now!

On that note, I'm always happy to listen to other people's ideas or their own character concepts! The fun part about RP isn't always revolving around making my character shine, personally. Most of it comes from meeting the myriad of other characters with their own backgrounds, RP style, goals, etc etc etc!

How did you learn about the coalition?

It was foretold by the ancient scrolls that I would stumble upon this website, and that it would alter the course of my destiny forevermore!

...But to be perfectly honest, I just googled it.

What kind of roleplayer are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I suppose I'm somewhere stuck between medium and heavy! I love to invest plenty of time in RP, but sadly, I can't always afford the time to do so due to my studying habits. That said, however, I'm a sucker for huge plots that end up in a big climax at the end, while at the same time I can derive plenty of enjoyment from having a casual chat at a tavern.

I'm always strangely drawn to Mercenary/Military RP for some reason, with the odd criminal element thrown in here and there. On the other hand, I rarely ever shun any other sort of RP as a whole ( except for college RP I suppose - just a personal taste! ).

Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

My name's Bjorn, and I hail from a petite country known as Belgium. I'm a university student currently aspiring to be a journalist later in my career, partly due to my avid love of writing! As for hobbies, I huff and puff on a treadmill from time to time, read tons of books, and I've the ambition to write my own set of fantasy novels once I can find the time/effort to do it!

This turned out way longer than I anticipated, but oh well! Feel free to add me in-game on Balmung if you'd like to have a chitchat or some casual RP, and I look forward to being a part of the community! Big Grin

RE: Greetings and salutations! - Maril - 03-20-2016

European-Hi5! Welcome aboard Smile Feel free to check out the European directory, there's a link to it in my signature.

RE: Greetings and salutations! - YuiMoks - 03-20-2016

Welcome to the forums!

RE: Greetings and salutations! - A'mahri - 03-20-2016

Welcome welcome~! (/) o v o)/)

RE: Greetings and salutations! - Silinat - 03-20-2016

Hooray for male Elezen! Wait...I mean...welcome!

RE: Greetings and salutations! - As'elena - 03-21-2016

Welcome and hello! We seem to have similar interests regarding writing and fantasy novels.

RE: Greetings and salutations! - Faye - 03-21-2016

Hello there, Bjorn! Welcome to the RPC! Big Grin

RE: Greetings and salutations! - Zar'ine Moks - 03-21-2016

Welcome welcome \â—‹/

RE: Greetings and salutations! - SicketySix - 03-21-2016

Welcome to the RPC!

RE: Greetings and salutations! - LiadansWhisper - 03-21-2016

A new giraffe! Welcome!

RE: Greetings and salutations! - Yssen - 03-22-2016

Hello and welcome fellow Duskie. ^ ^

RE: Greetings and salutations! - Rosamund - 03-22-2016

Hello and welcome! Big Grin