Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello, all ~ :D - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello, all ~ :D (/showthread.php?tid=15662)

Pages: 1 2

Hello, all ~ :D - Blaque - 03-26-2016

Hi!

Alright, so I have never stepped foot in a Final Fantasy game until yesterday when I made my first toon for FF14 (unless KH counts? Yes?) but I have been rping for quite some time now. I don't consider myself a veteran by any means, but I do love making friends and stories with people! I'm coming from GW2 and looking for a new RP and MMO home. I only have a trial now with a toon on Gilgamesh (Alexandre Blaque), but if I really like the game! I may subscribe and transfer over to Balmung since that's where the party is!

I'm preeeeetty nervous about switching communities and games since I've only ever played in WoW (maybe one or two years) and GW2 (three or four years). I hear the community is lovely and kind, so I'm sure I'll get over my anxieties in time. I'm looking forward to playing with you all and learning more about Hydaelyn!

RE: Hello, all ~ :D - Silinat - 03-26-2016

Welcome!

RE: Hello, all ~ :D - Maril - 03-26-2016

Welcome aboard! Smile Glad you like the game!

RE: Hello, all ~ :D - Faye - 03-26-2016

KH kind of counts (and it's the best ;D)! Welcome to FFXIV! The community is indeed very nice, I'm sure you'll feel at home here soon! I hope to see you on Balmung someday!

RE: Hello, all ~ :D - Blaque - 03-26-2016

Holy cow! That was prompt. xDD Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm just running around the starting zone, trying to get acclimated. Hopefully I run into some rp and get a glimpse of how it's done here before my two weeks are up! Big Grin

And Kingdom Hearts was my childhood obsession (I'm still pretty obsessed tbh) and everything gives a similar feel so far, which is really nice!

RE: Hello, all ~ :D - Kodie - 03-26-2016

Welcome!! Hope you have fun!!!

RE: Hello, all ~ :D - Yssen - 03-26-2016

Hello and welcome. ^ ^

RE: Hello, all ~ :D - GhostlyMaiden - 03-26-2016

Hello and Welcome to RPC, and FFXIV! ^_^

RE: Hello, all ~ :D - Ririla Rila - 03-26-2016

Welcome to the RPC! How you enjoy your stay, an' look forward to seeing you in-game too! Woop Woop!

RE: Hello, all ~ :D - Faye - 03-26-2016

(03-26-2016, 10:39 AM)Blaque Wrote: And Kingdom Hearts was my childhood obsession (I'm still pretty obsessed tbh) and everything gives a similar feel so far, which is really nice!

It's my favorite thing in the world... I might have an addiction.

RE: Hello, all ~ :D - Blaque - 03-26-2016

(03-26-2016, 02:12 PM)Faye Wrote:
(03-26-2016, 10:39 AM)Blaque Wrote: And Kingdom Hearts was my childhood obsession (I'm still pretty obsessed tbh) and everything gives a similar feel so far, which is really nice!

It's my favorite thing in the world... I might have an addiction.
Same! I've carried a few childhood obsessions into my semi-adulthood and KH is one of the strongest! I want to get into the FF series but I have no idea where to start since it's such a long series!

Also: where can I catch a glimpse of Gilgamesh rp? I haven't run into any yet.

RE: Hello, all ~ :D - K'coca Razbe - 03-27-2016

(03-26-2016, 04:01 PM)undefined Wrote: I want to get into the FF series but I have no idea where to start since it's such a long series!
Well it's like comic books just pick a spot you find interesting and dive in! But if you're looking to get solid grasp on the series start with FF7 as that has defined so much of it. Then look at the early games which is where we get a lot of the game tropes (black mage, white mage, ect....)  Personally I like 10 & 12 best but that's just me Tongue any way good luck and have fun!

RE: Hello, all ~ :D - Blaque - 03-27-2016

(03-27-2016, 02:32 AM)Kcoca Razbe Wrote:
(03-26-2016, 04:01 PM)undefined Wrote: I want to get into the FF series but I have no idea where to start since it's such a long series!
Well it's like comic books just pick a spot you find interesting and dive in! But if you're looking to get solid grasp on the series start with FF7 as that has defined so much of it. Then look at the early games which is where we get a lot of the game tropes (black mage, white mage, ect....)  Personally I like 10 & 12 best but that's just me Tongue any way good luck and have fun!

Thanks for the advice!

Okay, I've been reading about his to get into Belmung and I great that if I try to make an alt early EST, I should be okay? The articles were pretty dated though so I'm wondering if that's still the case?

RE: Hello, all ~ :D - SicketySix - 03-28-2016

(03-27-2016, 06:46 PM)Blaque Wrote:

Thanks for the advice!

Okay, I've been reading about his to get into Belmung and I great that if I try to make an alt early EST, I should be okay? The articles were pretty dated though so I'm wondering if that's still the case?

No that advice is outdated. The only SLIGHTLY POSSIBLE way is to wait for a maintenance cycle to come around and try to log in the very second the servers come back up. However they often come back up early so you'll need to spend the half hour before the cycle ends to constantly refresh the server to see if they've come back up.

And even then, you are talking about like a 3 second window to get in. I personally know 4 people who've been this method for the last 2 months to no avail.

RE: Hello, all ~ :D - Blaque - 03-28-2016

(03-28-2016, 08:11 AM)Tkhoa Tia Wrote:
(03-27-2016, 06:46 PM)Blaque Wrote:

Thanks for the advice!

No that advice is outdated. The only SLIGHTLY POSSIBLE way is to wait for a maintenance cycle to come around and try to log in the very second the servers come back up. However they often come back up early so you'll need to spend the half hour before the cycle ends to constantly refresh the server to see if they've come back up.

And even then, you are talking about like a 3 second window to get in. I personally know 4 people who've been this method for the last 2 months to no avail.

Gahhh okay. But transferring is a definite in? I also want to transfer more than one character but I hear the sub that comes with the game only allows one per realm. Is there a package that gives me the fifteen dollar sub for eight per realm?