Hydaelyn Role-Players
A lurker fails their stealth check... - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: A lurker fails their stealth check... (/showthread.php?tid=15685)

A lurker fails their stealth check... - Ilan - 03-28-2016

...and stumbles into the crowd of people on the forums. Dazed

Okay! So! People and stuff! I've been lurking around for a while after my friend Ruen linked me here just looking at all the pretty art and events and just generally being all shy somehow even on an internet forum like the smooth operator I am. However, I'm trying to put myself out there and make some more RP friends. I also just got a tablet and, once I get used to this thing, plan on inflicting sharing some of my really god awful FFXIV art with everyone! SO.

Anywho, I'm on Balmung, and I love long walks on the beach and singing in the shower. My main character, this delightful black mage here - Ilan Faust, is kind of a hard sell sometimes cause he's a little bit of a dick, and, for a long while, his miqo'te pal Ruen was the only one who seemed willing to put up with his jerkitude for any extensive periods of time. He's very smart, however, and sometimes doesn't hate everyone he comes in contact with, so there's that. He's extremely uncomfortable with social situations where he's not getting into a verbal or physical altercation, and he can't hold his liquor at all. Watching him physically strain himself trying to be polite for business' sake can be all kinds of fun. For me, anyway. But he's looking for business contacts, so he's kind of resigned himself to not being a complete jerk to everyone, which is often his default setting.

I've also got a Raen Summoner/Book Keeper named Kiyo and a bard named Odessa who's not ICly a bard at all and is struggling through DPS queues until I can unlock her actual IC class of Machinist. But I'll save further specifics for the Connections place. Ummm. I'm always down for random RP unless I'm AFK in the corner because I totally forgot I have the game open like a spaz. Um. Um. I think that's it! I'll save the EVEN MORE TL;DR for the classifieds, but I hope to make lots of friends for my characters. Or, in Ilan's case, either bitter enemies or awkward acquaintances/contacts.

/attempts to re-steath

RE: A lurker fails their stealth check... - Nodem - 03-28-2016

/em uses detect to shred away the stealth!

Welcome to the RPC! I think I've seen you walking about on Odessa more then once. Not sure... Maybe you're just a lurker and I have seen that name a few times on different people. Hrmm...

RE: A lurker fails their stealth check... - GhostlyMaiden - 03-29-2016

Hello and welcome to the RPC!
Just like Nodem, i'm fairly certain i've seen at least one of these names around somewhere. I do hope we can RP sometime. If you ever have any questions, feel free to send a private message. Smile

RE: A lurker fails their stealth check... - Silinat - 03-29-2016

Welcome!

RE: A lurker fails their stealth check... - Ilan - 03-29-2016

Ahhh, thank you all for the welcome!

Yeah, both Kiyo and Odessa have fairly common names, but I ended up getting so attached to both of them that I eventually just went with it because I'm neurotic and couldn't picture them named anything else. XD However, their full names are Kiyo Ikeda and Odessa Cassius, so, if you see those last names, that be me!

RE: A lurker fails their stealth check... - Roen - 03-29-2016

HA! What an adorable intro.

I think you need to put some more points into stealth... but charisma seems pretty good!

Welcome!

RE: A lurker fails their stealth check... - Yssen - 03-29-2016

Hello and welcomes. Big Grin

RE: A lurker fails their stealth check... - Ilan - 03-29-2016

Hey, this is what happens when the sorcerer tries to to sneak somewhere.

Thank you all again! I'm feeling the warm fuzzies! Heart

RE: A lurker fails their stealth check... - Vachir Qalli - 03-29-2016

Hello and welcome, I am trying to not lurk so much myself and participate more.

RE: A lurker fails their stealth check... - Nodem - 03-30-2016

(03-29-2016, 01:33 PM)Ilan Wrote: Ahhh, thank you all for the welcome!

Yeah, both Kiyo and Odessa have fairly common names, but I ended up getting so attached to both of them that I eventually just went with it because I'm neurotic and couldn't picture them named anything else. XD However, their full names are Kiyo Ikeda and Odessa Cassius, so, if you see those last names, that be me!

Definitely seen that Odessa lurking about... I got my eye on you...Moogle

RE: A lurker fails their stealth check... - Aya - 03-30-2016

Weeeeeeelcoooooooome! :-D

RE: A lurker fails their stealth check... - LiadansWhisper - 03-30-2016

(03-28-2016, 11:50 PM)Ilan Wrote: My main character, this delightful black mage here - Ilan Faust, is kind of a hard sell sometimes cause he's a little bit of a dick,

I think this is actually a great characteristic for a Black Mage. Most Black Mages I've run into have been sooooo nice. So willing to help. etc. Nice to see one that is just kind of a jerk, to everyone. Dr. House of the Black Mages.

Also, welcome and things.

RE: A lurker fails their stealth check... - Blaque - 03-30-2016

Welcome! What a hilarious introduction. XD

RE: A lurker fails their stealth check... - Ilan - 03-30-2016

Meep!

Actually, Odessa's generally much more personable, and I've been powering her through because I need Machinist on her. v.v So she may be around a lot! 

Quote:I think this is actually a great characteristic for a Black Mage. Most Black Mages I've run into have been sooooo nice. So willing to help. etc. Nice to see one that is just kind of a jerk, to everyone. Dr. House of the Black Mages.

...that is kind of a fantastic summary of him as a character. XD

And thank you again for being so nice and welcoming, all! Blush