Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Vivacious Highlander looking for connections - especially merchant types! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Vivacious Highlander looking for connections - especially merchant types! (/showthread.php?tid=15700)

Vivacious Highlander looking for connections - especially merchant types! - Brightborn - 03-30-2016

The Character

Tani is a survivor.  First and foremost, she is the type who will get up in the morning and work.  She's a work-hard, play-hard type who doesn't have the word 'rest' in her vocabulary.  She's constantly moving, and even when she's out taking a break, chances are she's dragging some of her work with her.  What is that work?  Primarily, she's a bookkeeper (though she has been known to pick up scribe work or calligraphy work when her primary job is slow) who combines auditing the books of her clients with reviewing cargo manifests and spot-checking paperwork for the customs offices of each of the three major city-states in Eorzea.  In some ways, this work defines her, and it can be easy to identify her with her work -- but don't let her hustle fool you: there's more to Tani than meets the eye.

She can be loud, for one, and more than just verbally.  She is interested in fashion, and often spends widely on the latest and greatest from the Weaver's Guild in Ul'dah.  She doesn't hold with the idea that scholars should wear dowdy robes and spectacles; as she puts it, she much prefers to live, thank-you-very-much.  While she's not much of a frequent drinker, she does go out for her own version of partying: hanging out with drunks and recreational users, and engaging in battles of wit and questionable adventuring (note: Tani is not combat-trained).  She enjoys a well-laid prank, and individuals who think well outside the box.

'Sociable' and Tani go hand in hand.  While she doesn't always seek out company, she always welcomes meeting new folk, and will go out of her way to approach someone she finds interesting.  She has an unspoken love for thinkers and rebels, and has a soft spot for dreamers.  She's a shmoozer who doesn't know how to slow down.

Possible Connections

Tavern-goers: she brings her work to taverns when she's hoping to be interrupted.

Customs-workers: Mealvaan's Gate employees (or similar in the other two cities) eat your heart out. Chances are she'll run into you sooner or later.

Scribes, bookkeepers, scholars: she flits about in many circles, but has a professional stake in these.  She might hear of your character, or your character her, and if your character has any interesting work stories, reputation, or current research, she might just float your way.

Merchants/smugglers: ahh, the source of her income.  She has a love affair with your character's money, and might approach your character for work.

Ruffians, vagabonds, or otherwise interesting characters: what can I say?  She's attracted to brightly burning flames, and the risk that she might get burned.

OOC Stuff

My time varies, but I tend to be available weekdays after 6pm PST.  Saturdays are often open, and Sundays may be available for special cases (depends on ooc stuff).  I'm fine with walkup rp, scheduled rp, or drop-em-in-the-same-area-and-see-what-happens rp.

I do both paragraph rp and single-liner rp.  I'm a believer in writing as much as the post needs, but not more.  But I'm not perfect, nor do I believe in perfection.

Primarily, I'm looking to expand her connections.

Thanks for your time!
Previous ad:
Show Content

RE: Vivacious Highlander looking for connections - especially merchant types! - Brightborn - 04-05-2016

Bump: still looking!  Updated ad to try to attract more rpers!  Smile

RE: Vivacious Highlander looking for connections - especially merchant types! - SicketySix - 04-05-2016

Not sure how she would fit in with a traditional Keeper, but will offer up to RP none the less!

You can see more about him in my thread just below yours!

RE: Vivacious Highlander looking for connections - especially merchant types! - Gegenji - 04-05-2016

Always good to see more just generally social folks who are out to have fun. I have myself a grumpy thinker and a dorky dreamer in my stable of characters, so there's possibilities with either - whether it's matching wits with an ego or goofing off with a goodboy.

RE: Vivacious Highlander looking for connections - especially merchant types! - JudicialHunter - 04-05-2016

Ooh, hi! I'd be happy to RP with you sometime on any of my girls!

Check out my wikis in my sig and shoot me a PM if you're interested!

RE: Vivacious Highlander looking for connections - especially merchant types! - Brightborn - 04-05-2016

(04-05-2016, 11:03 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Always good to see more just generally social folks who are out to have fun. I have myself a grumpy thinker and a dorky dreamer in my stable of characters, so there's possibilities with either - whether it's matching wits with an ego or goofing off with a goodboy.

Which character should I try to friend in-game?  Or search for?

PM sent/post made to y'all!  Thank you very much for giving me a chance. Big Grin

RE: Vivacious Highlander looking for connections - especially merchant types! - Oroban - 04-05-2016

Your character sounds lovely! I'd love to RP sometime, since Khy is a huge nerd. He's actually entangled with a bookkeeper right now himself, so at least he'd have the vaguest understanding of her work! (And then he can introduce them and drown in numbers, but cest la vie)

RE: Vivacious Highlander looking for connections - especially merchant types! - Aya - 04-05-2016

Vivacious Highlander here! And not a nerd... or scholar at all!

RE: Vivacious Highlander looking for connections - especially merchant types! - Gegenji - 04-06-2016

(04-05-2016, 08:54 PM)Brightborn Wrote:
(04-05-2016, 11:03 AM)Gegenji Wrote: Always good to see more just generally social folks who are out to have fun. I have myself a grumpy thinker and a dorky dreamer in my stable of characters, so there's possibilities with either - whether it's matching wits with an ego or goofing off with a goodboy.

Which character should I try to friend in-game?  Or search for?

PM sent/post made to y'all!  Thank you very much for giving me a chance. Big Grin
If you want the grumpy thinker, that's the older brother: Gogonji Gegenji.
The dorky goodboy is the younger brother, Chachanji Gegenji.

I'm usually doing my IG "chores" (roulettes and such) on the former before hanging around looking for walk-up RP on the latter. So just searching for a Gegenji should get you something. Thumbsup

RE: Vivacious Highlander looking for connections - especially merchant types! - Aya - 04-06-2016

(04-06-2016, 02:01 AM)Gegenji Wrote: If you want the grumpy thinker, that's the older brother: Gogonji Gegenji.

I'm usually doing my IG "chores" (roulettes and such) on the former before hanging around looking for walk-up RP on the latter. So just searching for a Gegenji should get you something. Thumbsup

*Goes to make Wrongogo Gegenji*

RE: Vivacious Highlander looking for connections - especially merchant types! - Brightborn - 04-06-2016

(04-05-2016, 11:29 PM)Oroban Wrote: Your character sounds lovely! I'd love to RP sometime, since Khy is a huge nerd. He's actually entangled with a bookkeeper right now himself, so at least he'd have the vaguest understanding of her work! (And then he can introduce them and drown in numbers, but cest la vie)

Numbers for life!  Nyahaha, I'd love to see that!

(04-05-2016, 11:31 PM)Aya Wrote: Vivacious Highlander here! And not a nerd... or scholar at all!

Vivacious highlanders are the best!  Vivacious anything is the best.  I think ever since finding the word in a Robin Hobb book back in high school ('cause yes, it took me that long to learn it), it's been in my top ten favorite words.  Vivacious, bodacious -- what's not to love?

(04-06-2016, 02:01 AM)Gegenji Wrote: If you want the grumpy thinker, that's the older brother: Gogonji Gegenji.

Well, that's terribly convenient!

Thank you all for the responses, Imma be trying to add you in game in the next few days (and beyond, should it take longer than that). Big Grin