Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends (/showthread.php?tid=15739)

Pages: 1 2

Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends - Ilan - 04-02-2016

[Image: 15i0ord.png]

Ilan might hate you, but I don't.

This is Ilan Faust, aforementioned cranky black mage. He's about 24 years old, is incredibly smart, and has the terrible tendency to rub that in everyone's faces. He comes across as a kind of snobby, and if it seems like he's talking down to you? He probably is. Being nice and personable is not even close to his strong suit, though he's trying to be at least a little bit more social so that he can make more business contacts. And maybe friends, but he doesn't know about that part yet.

He runs a business of sorts with his partner and longtime friend with benefits, Ruen, who is the more friendly of the two, called the Red Crows. They're sort of like middle men for mercs who are looking for work and people who could use a mercenary to solve some of life's little problems. People come to them with jobs, and they reach out to a network of allies via linkshell to see if anyone's looking for work. Of course, the Crows get a small portion of the payment, but the majority of it goes to the mercenary who does the job! They're chiefly located in Ul'dah, but they travel all over the place and stuffs.

Anywho, Ilan's kind of a dick. Not gonna even try to lie about that, but he's starting to make efforts to be more social and not quite lay the dickery on quite as thick considering the fact that he needs contacts for the business to be successful. While this is usually what Ruen does, he grudgingly admits that he should be a little more familiar with the process of *shudder* meeting potential allies and contacts. Watching him try to be nice can be kind of funny, especially since it's usually forced. He's been focused on VENGEANCE for a lot of his life and has kind of a sad past, but that's not something he talks about a whole lot. Maybe if someone can actually put up with him for long enough to see that he's not entirely made of brains, snobbery and a raging temper. And, you know, I'm also totally cool with rivals or enemies as well. It's just that he doesn't have much of a problem finding those, so. XD

So, um, GOD THE TEAL DEER ALREADY IN THIS POST I'm looking for anything for him! I just, you know, wanted to put a disclaimer on him a bit. Friend me in game or send me a whisper or just roll up on me if I'm chilling somewhere. I'm a little shy but much nicer than this jerk! I run by EST time and have a full day of classes and work on Tuesdays and Thursday. And and and I think that's it? I also have two ladyfolk, but they're a little easier to find people to chat with that this special camper.

RE: Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends - T'shina - 04-02-2016

Saw you at Spellguard. You've peaked Mayu's interest! We may have to meet up one time and see how it goes.

RE: Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends - Ilan - 04-02-2016

Ah, yes! Sorry about him! He's really struggling with having any kind of filter and is pretty sure he's the greatest thing since sliced bread when it comes to anything magical. v.v

But I would to meet up any time!

RE: Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends - LiadansWhisper - 04-02-2016

I really actually want to meet him on my character, Liadan.

I can't guarantee you that she won't threaten to feed him to a treant, tho.

RE: Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends - Ilan - 04-02-2016

Yay, all the meets! And don't worry. I'm surprised more people haven't threatened to do that or something similar. I'm all kindsa down for this! The RP, that is. Not the treant feeding. :3

RE: Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends - Valence - 04-02-2016

Why not, feel free to reach me out!

No guarantees that my character would answer positively of course, quite the contrary since she isn't often afraid to tell people to piss off.

RE: Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends - Aurou - 04-02-2016

He sounds like quite the card~ I wonder if he could be a dick to my cheery journalist? She's pretty easy to get a long with and is doing her best to learn how to be apart of a mercenary company. Feel free to poke me if you see me in game, I play EST evenings/nights usually.

RE: Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends - Aaron - 04-02-2016

Met him yesterday after Spellsguard.

10/10 cool guy to hang with, and we only talked for like five minutes.

Looking forward to the interactions lol

RE: Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends - Oyuu - 04-02-2016

I'll throw one of my characters your way, I love assholes. I mean... roleplaying with them. That's what I meant.

RE: Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends - Ruen - 04-02-2016

Seeking cranky mage for booty duty.

Interested? You look interested.

Is that a dagger in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? 
Or is that a hand... doing the middle finger or... 
A-are you about cast Fire 3 on my ass or are you just---AHHHLBLKAJRKLJKLJGLKJK*blowntosmithereens*

RE: Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends - GhostlyMaiden - 04-03-2016

Just saw you at Grindstone!
Nanagi is rather smart and formal. She is an Aether researcher.
Kanako on the other hand is sassy and has a short temper.

Pick your poison!

I'm open for RP just about anytime, just send a /tell my way. ^_^

RE: Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends - Valence - 04-03-2016

(04-02-2016, 12:20 PM)Oyuu Wrote: I'll throw one of my characters your way, I love assholes.

(04-02-2016, 12:20 PM)Oyuu Wrote: I mean... roleplaying with them. That's what I meant.

You know that it sounds actually even worse?

Sorry couldn't resist Big Grin

RE: Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends - Lydia Lightfoot - 04-04-2016

I freely admit that I read you call him a dick in your OP, and my brain went "Dick magician... haha, that episode of South Park."

If you haven't seen it, I can link you to it. Yeah, my brain makes weird connections to things.

Anyway, if you're looking to make some new contacts, our FC has a public inn and tavern called Wayfarer's Rest, at Goblet Ward 6, Plot 58. It's open at all hours even if no FC members are present - the Maidservant downstairs is an NPC whom we call Mitzy, and she can take orders for food and drink. Just be careful, she's kinda ditzy... so she might get it wrong, but she means well and is bubbly and friendly. Big Grin

As for your character's self-claimed dickishness, not everyone in the world is super nice, so that's not any problem. Some in our FC have their own antisocial quirks and we all get on just fine, as long as we all remember that IC is IC, OOCly we all are friendly, etc, etc. I'm sure you know the drill! Smile

RE: Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends - Ashe - 04-04-2016

Heeeeeeeeeeeeey, from one cranky mage to another...I think we can make this work?
Haha.
Contact me on Ashe!
If you're looking for an FC too, we have our fair share of cranky mages to go around! 
Check out Mythril Wings.

"Ilan might hate you, but I don't." 
^ I am stealing this for Ashe haha.

My wiki for him is in my signature. Send me a tell/PM whatever...if you're interested!

RE: Cranky mage seeks business associates and MAYBE friends - Ilan - 04-05-2016

(04-02-2016, 12:20 PM)Oyuu Wrote: I'll throw one of my characters your way, I love assholes. I mean... roleplaying with them. That's what I meant.

oh bb~

No, but I get what you mean! Come and harass him any time! He's like Unlimited Asshole Works.

Quote:Seeking cranky mage for booty duty.

Interested? You look interested.

Is that a dagger in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? 
Or is that a hand... doing the middle finger or... 
A-are you about cast Fire 3 on my ass or are you just---AHHHLBLKAJRKLJKLJGLKJK*blowntosmithereens*

...if I ever hear the words "booty duty" from your mouth in reference to me again.

*ded of lol at the dick mage* I didn't even think about that. XD

And yay for all the contacts and the bar and everything! Ilan's kinda part of a business, so he's not looking for a company? He's totally looking for allies though, and he might enjoy hanging out with other mages. Especially ones he deems "not complete buffoons."