Hydaelyn Role-Players
Project: Primal Battle! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Project: Primal Battle! (/showthread.php?tid=1577)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Project: Primal Battle! - Rhostel - 01-21-2013

All these art projects are giving me an itch to start one of my own. So here it is: Player characters representing each Job squaring off against Primals in battle, rendered in an Amano-esque style. Each Job will be paired with a specific Primal, and I'm calling for volunteers for every slot. Whether that job is unlocked for a character is irrelevant either way, what's important is whether the character identifies (or is planned to identify) with that Job in character.

Also, you have to not mind being in Job gear. You don't have to possess or use it, you just have to be comfortable seeing your character in it. Modifications are fine, especially if they make your character more identifiable, swapping entire pieces for other gear isn't.

(For example, I could put Rhostel in the Dragoon, Warrior or Summoner slots; she has DRG unlocked, and started training as such IC before Dalamud fell, has worked on MAR to get WAR and will be one IC at the start of ARR (technically will unlock it slightly later as my main focus at the start of ARR), and studying Arcanistry through to Summoner training will be her main personal arc at the start of ARR. On the other hand, she will never, ever be a Black Mage IC, even if I do unlock it at some point. I can see wiggle room for her becoming a Monk IC someday, but I have no plans for it. In neither case is this good enough to use for this project. Not that I plan to use Rhostel, unless one of her three Jobs just gets no volunteers.)

Please ask here if you want a slot. If I confirm you, then PM me with reference pictures and stuff. If I haven't confirmed a slot, feel free to ask even if someone else has volunteered for it. This is not first come, first served. This is what I want to draw. If you're not confirmed, it's not about you as a person; it's just that you're the fiftieth Miqo'te or your character doesn't mesh as well with my idea for the picture. For example, a Lalafell would be ideal for the White Mage, a Highlander would not. Wink

I'll be doing this digitally and in colour, so it could take a long, long time. Please be patient! Also, if we get another Job announcement, I may pair that off with Shiva, assuming we get now that we have proper concept art and an actual model for her. Can't do much from just a profile sketch of her head.

THE LIST
Bahamut vs Dragoon -
Odin vs Paladin - Siobhain
Good King Moggle Mog vs White Mage - Koumoru
Ifrit vs Black Mage - Keisuna
Garuda vs Bard - Aysun
Titan vs Monk -
Leviathan vs Warrior - Blade
Ramuh vs Summoner - Teveriel

ROUGH CONCEPTS
These are quick sketchbook doodles to get my ideas in order, to see problems with my ideas before I start doing the real pictures. I'll be doing them as slots are confirmed. They're scribbly, messy, dirty, unenhanced and probably not at all representative of the final product, so be warned.

Aysun vs Garuda
Spoiler: show
[Image: wCFvvHI.png]

Re: Project: Primal Battle! - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 01-21-2013

May Siobhain have the Odin vs Paladin slot? Or would it be too difficult with so little in the way of female Roe reference?

Re: Project: Primal Battle! - Aysun - 01-21-2013

Ermahgerd Garuda vs. Bard?! That's amazin'! Puttin' Aysun's name in the hat on that! Tongue

Re: Project: Primal Battle! - Merri - 01-21-2013

Warrior might actually go well with Shiva, given the job's roots in the Farreach. Gigas have been mentioned in passing (At least, in the form of a blacksmith/armorer organization from the north) and I wouldn't be surprised if they were the beast tribe that worshiped Shiva, and resided in the Farreach. Leviathan would fit well with White Mage in that case, given cure magic is somewhat derived from water based magic as far as I know.

Sounds like a fun deal, though. Endemerrin could fit in that Monk role, unless some one else really wants in.

Re: Project: Primal Battle! - TheLastCandle - 01-21-2013

Just wanted to say this is a really cool idea and I can't wait to see it. ^^

Re: Project: Primal Battle! - Mtoto Wamoto - 01-21-2013

Ahhhhh, I would love to volunteer my character, but she doesn't really identify herself with any of the current jobs. Perhaps when they add a red mage type job in the future I could put her name down for this. ; ;

Re: Project: Primal Battle! - Aysun - 01-21-2013

Mtoto Wamoto Wrote:Ahhhhh, I would love to volunteer my character, but she doesn't really identify herself with any of the current jobs. Perhaps when they add a red mage type job in the future I could put her name down for this. ; ;

It's hard isn't it? D:

-points left at title- ._.

Re: Project: Primal Battle! - Rhostel - 01-21-2013

Siobhain Wrote:May Siobhain have the Odin vs Paladin slot? Or would it be too difficult with so little in the way of female Roe reference?
Not at all! I wanted a solid-looking character for this. Female Roegadyn would be great. Also, since this is a longterm project, I won't mind if you want to wait until Beta is out to get a really good idea what your character looks like. (Even if you don't get in, someone could help you with that. Hint hint.) Would you like me to confirm you?

Aysun Wrote:Ermahgerd Garuda vs. Bard?! That's amazin'! Puttin' Aysun's name in the hat on that! Tongue
This is exactly what I wanted. Wink CONFIRMED.

Merri Wrote:Warrior might actually go well with Shiva, given the job's roots in the Farreach. Gigas have been mentioned in passing (At least, in the form of a blacksmith/armorer organization from the north) and I wouldn't be surprised if they were the beast tribe that worshiped Shiva, and resided in the Farreach. Leviathan would fit well with White Mage in that case, given cure magic is somewhat derived from water based magic as far as I know.

Sounds like a fun deal, though. Endemerrin could fit in that Monk role, unless some one else really wants in.
That's some good points (and thanks for giving me some lore I was ignorant of), but this is more about what appeals to me than lore-based synchronicity.

Merri would be pretty decent for my Monk slot, though I have to admit my ideal would be a male Roegadyn, followed by male Highlander. Consider yourself in contention. Smile

Teveriel Wrote:Just wanted to say this is a really cool idea and I can't wait to see it. ^^
Thank you! Are you sure you don't want to see about grabbing a slot? An Elezen could work nicely for Dragoon, Black Mage or Summoner, if those are options for you. Smile

Mtoto Wamoto Wrote:Ahhhhh, I would love to volunteer my character, but she doesn't really identify herself with any of the current jobs. Perhaps when they add a red mage type job in the future I could put her name down for this. ; ;
Heh. Not sure there'd be Primals left to match up then. WHO KNOWS?

Re: Project: Primal Battle! - TheLastCandle - 01-21-2013

Rhostel Wrote:
Teveriel Wrote:Just wanted to say this is a really cool idea and I can't wait to see it. ^^
Thank you! Are you sure you don't want to see about grabbing a slot? An Elezen could work nicely for Dragoon, Black Mage or Summoner, if those are options for you. Smile

Sure! Either Black Mage or Summoner would fit, as BLM and Arcanist (whenever it's available) will be the only IC classes for Tev in ARR.

Then consider yourself in contention for either! Smile Have to see what others want to volunteer for each first.

Re: Project: Primal Battle! - Mtoto Wamoto - 01-21-2013

Not sure what Fenrir's role will be this time around, but there is the concept art that floating about. Who knows, they might also add Diablos, Phoenix, Siren, and Alexander. Then there's jobs like Corsair/Musketeer and anything else SE might add. Of course none of that is confirmed, but hey! It would be awesome to see more slots someday Smile

Re: Project: Primal Battle! - Nel Celestine - 01-21-2013

Put me down for the Warrior Big Grin Please. Maybe? <3

Re: Project: Primal Battle! - Eva - 01-21-2013

Could I put my hat in for the white mage vs. Moogle? Heart

Mtoto Wamoto Wrote:Not sure what Fenrir's role will be this time around, but there is the concept art that floating about. Who knows, they might also add Diablos, Phoenix, Siren, and Alexander. Then there's jobs like Corsair/Musketeer and anything else SE might add. Of course none of that is confirmed, but hey! It would be awesome to see more slots someday Smile
I've definitely been considering all that stuff, but for now, I'm working with known quantities. The second new Job/Shiva thing is the only addition to the project I'm seriously considering at this point, simply because both seem to be things with a strong likelihood of being revealed in the coming months. There may well be a phase 2 of this someday, though!

Nel Celestine Wrote:Put me down for the Warrior Big Grin Please. Maybe? <3
Ooh. Interesting. I was thinking Midlander (either sex), but Miqo'te could work pretty well. You are in contention!

Eva Wrote:Could I put my hat in for the white mage vs. Moogle? Heart
Not exactly what I was looking for, but could work. Smile We'll see!

Re: Project: Primal Battle! - Sienna - 01-21-2013

I'll offer Sienna for Monk if you need some more options. ^^