Hydaelyn Role-Players
Keysmash name characters on Balmung? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Keysmash name characters on Balmung? (/showthread.php?tid=15953)

Keysmash name characters on Balmung? - Kibu - 04-25-2016

Okay, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this and I apologize.

Since transferring to Balmung I haven't seen nearly the crazy numbers of gold sellers that I encountered on my old server. But all day today I've been seeing tons of characters with keysmash names, all in the same hooded robe, and I'm just really confused about it? Like I know people have been trying hard to get new characters onto the server with no luck, so how are all these people appearing?

Or am I totally crazy and I'm the only one seeing them?

RE: Keysmash name characters on Balmung? - Arcian - 04-25-2016

There's always a spurt of new THM bots right after maintenance. I think they automate the process of making them, but I'm not quite sure how.

Tl;dr - No, you're not crazy. It's just a thing that happens.

RE: Keysmash name characters on Balmung? - Kibu - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 02:28 AM)Arcian Wrote: There's always a spurt of new THM bots right after maintenance. I think they automate the process of making them, but I'm not quite sure how.

Tl;dr - No, you're not crazy. It's just a thing that happens.

Oh thank you, that makes me feel a little better. Still wild, though.

RE: Keysmash name characters on Balmung? - Arcian - 04-25-2016

No problem. Honestly, after you see them enough, you stop noticing them.

RE: Keysmash name characters on Balmung? - Enla - 04-25-2016

That and in a week or two they all end up being mass banned anyways.

RE: Keysmash name characters on Balmung? - Gabineaux - 04-25-2016

A shame they're not banned fast enough for us to make alts. Or for us to log on after major patches. Then again, we're all trying to log on after a major patch anyways.

RE: Keysmash name characters on Balmung? - Askier - 04-25-2016

Hehe. Even if they were deleted faster, we still would never get our alts made lol

RE: Keysmash name characters on Balmung? - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-25-2016

I reported a bunch of them yesterday. ...eventually, they'd teleport with hacks faster than I could highlight their names to copy.

Easy bot-hunting (for reports) method. Turn this into a macro and make sure at least one of your chat logs allows for "echo" text. ...I made my a dark red to make it easy to find.

Code:
/e <t>

Tab/target all the bots and use the macro. It'll grab their name. When you've got a decent list, open up the Support Desk in game and file a Cheating/RMT/Bot report for them, stating when and where you saw them. Then cross your fingers and hope SE adds them to the list of characters to delete. The more people reporting, the easier it is for SE to remove.

Sadly, I saw about 50 different bots while hanging around the Ul'dah Aetheryte Plaza while idling yesterday. ...in about 30 minutes.

RE: Keysmash name characters on Balmung? - Kibu - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 06:05 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: I reported a bunch of them yesterday. ...eventually, they'd teleport with hacks faster than I could highlight their names to copy.

Easy bot-hunting (for reports) method. Turn this into a macro and make sure at least one of your chat logs allows for "echo" text. ...I made my a dark red to make it easy to find.

Code:
/e <t>

Tab/target all the bots and use the macro. It'll grab their name. When you've got a decent list, open up the Support Desk in game and file a Cheating/RMT/Bot report for them, stating when and where you saw them. Then cross your fingers and hope SE adds them to the list of characters to delete. The more people reporting, the easier it is for SE to remove.

Sadly, I saw about 50 different bots while hanging around the Ul'dah Aetheryte Plaza while idling yesterday. ...in about 30 minutes.

Thank you! I was wondering if there was a way to report them like there was back in WoW. This is super helpful!

RE: Keysmash name characters on Balmung? - Unnamed Mercenary - 04-25-2016

With how fast some of the bots run away, it's the best thing, following by mashing the screenshot button. ...but this is copy and paste-able!

(I sent a few lists over to SE, then got bored and went to dinner). But hopefully it'll help make the reporting process easier. I know I wouldn't like to have to copy [facerolls on keyboard] manually.

RE: Keysmash name characters on Balmung? - Jana - 04-25-2016

One of the Tree of Savior GMs was commenting on how they equipped the GM Ban ability and sat in a main plaza hitting bots with it, which causes them to explode in that game. We probably have too many servers but GMs on the scene to click+ban would be nice.