Hydaelyn Role-Players
Really wanna make friends! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Really wanna make friends! (/showthread.php?tid=17095)

Really wanna make friends! - MaverickMissy - 08-28-2016

Hey everyone,

So as the title might say, I would love to make friends. I've made a couple on here and I've attempted to reach out to others, but unfortunately in the past few days that I've been on Balmung... getting involved in the RP community is easier said than done from a socially awkward perspective.

To tell a little about myself, I consider myself to be a pretty friendly, funny, super fly and cool person to hang out with (with the occasional stressed out day, because Life likes to be a filthy casual plebian shitlord). Also, I'm REALLY modest, can you tell? 

Now, about the kind of roleplay I like, I typically like most kinds with some exceptions but because it's storytelling I tend to take it relatively seriously. I'm not really the sort of person that enjoys slice-of-life RP where I'm basically playing myself, but in story format. No offense to anyone who does, diversity makes the world go 'round. 
I will say that I'm a sucker for adventure and romance. 

But I recently learned the hard way that the character I've designed, my little brain baby (the conception was easy, the birth was difficult), is not well-designed to partake in light-hearted or casual forms of roleplay given her personality and backstory. Her personality makes her a little difficult to befriend. 

BUT! If you're interested in giving it a try, then I invite you to read her wiki and maybe send me a PM so we can set things up! Even if you just wanna be friends, I could always use buddies to level up with, run dungeons with, or do raids with! 

P.S. If you do want a raid buddy, I'm down for any level of difficulty. I'll be screaming at my computer the same either way. Though I want to steer clear of the really hard versions for now until I get my character more versed in other classes so I get more cross-class abilities.

RE: Really wanna make friends! - Lydia Lightfoot - 08-31-2016

She sounds like she'd be verily fun to RP with! Get it? Verah-ly? Yeah, the jokes don't get any better than that. But, hey, if you appreciate awful humor, or you're just a wordplay masochist, I'm sure you'd fit right in among my friends and I. So if you're still looking to meet some new pals, let me know! Big Grin

RE: Really wanna make friends! - MaverickMissy - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 02:03 PM)Sena Varont Wrote: She sounds like she'd be verily fun to RP with! Get it? Verah-ly? 

[Image: giphy.gif]

(08-31-2016, 02:03 PM)Sena Varont Wrote: Yeah, the jokes don't get any better than that. But, hey, if you appreciate awful humor, or you're just a wordplay masochist, I'm sure you'd fit right in among my friends and I. So if you're still looking to meet some new pals, let me know! Big Grin

Sure thing, it'd be nice to find a group that my character can mesh with. Smile It's been a little difficult, since there have been people to mistake me IC for OOC... and others who just don't want to deal with a character that would require some effort on their character's part to get to know.

RE: Really wanna make friends! - Lydia Lightfoot - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 02:50 PM)MaverickMissy Wrote:
(08-31-2016, 02:03 PM)Sena Varont Wrote: Yeah, the jokes don't get any better than that. But, hey, if you appreciate awful humor, or you're just a wordplay masochist, I'm sure you'd fit right in among my friends and I. So if you're still looking to meet some new pals, let me know! Big Grin

Sure thing, it'd be nice to find a group that my character can mesh with. Smile It's been a little difficult, since there have been people to mistake me IC for OOC... and others who just don't want to deal with a character that would require some effort on their character's part to get to know.

Sometimes players can be a little cautious or extra sensitive if they've had things go poorly for them in the past, and so they might be put off by something that seems totally random from the other direction. Just human nature, I suppose - someone who's gotten their hand burned a lot gets timid around fire. 

Anyway! My FC has a Discord server that we use for out-of-game text chatting that you're welcome to join if you like - the details are on our page here on the FC, linked in my sig - and we have a tavern night coming up tomorrow night, too (event details), but, those aside, we're often around just for general RP, too. I'll likely be loitering around our venue, Serene Haven Inn, tonight after around 5pm Pacific (UTC-7) or so. Oh, and our OOC linkshell is also open for friends outside the FC, too. :3

RE: Really wanna make friends! - MaverickMissy - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 03:02 PM)Sena Varont Wrote:
(08-31-2016, 02:50 PM)MaverickMissy Wrote:

Sometimes players can be a little cautious or extra sensitive if they've had things go poorly for them in the past, and so they might be put off by something that seems totally random from the other direction. Just human nature, I suppose - someone who's gotten their hand burned a lot gets timid around fire. 

Anyway! My FC has a Discord server that we use for out-of-game text chatting that you're welcome to join if you like - the details are on our page here on the FC, linked in my sig - and we have a tavern night coming up tomorrow night, too (event details), but, those aside, we're often around just for general RP, too. I'll likely be loitering around our venue, Serene Haven Inn, tonight after around 5pm Pacific (UTC-7) or so. Oh, and our OOC linkshell is also open for friends outside the FC, too. :3

I'll definitely look into it. I joined the Discord server, but no clue how to operate the push to talk feature. 
I can't guarantee Verah will be at the RP event, I usually only attend those that I could imagine Verah attending (which isn't many due to her personality... unfortunate, but this is what I committed to). I'll look into the LS for sure.