Hydaelyn Role-Players
Timeline? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Timeline? (/showthread.php?tid=1735)

Timeline? - Tyndles - 02-26-2013

Is there a timeline or chart that lists major events in the world of FF14?  I'm trying to come up with a bit of history for my monk, and I need to know if he's old enough to know things, or have seen things in the world.

I know about monks, thanks to that great post and link from Merri, and I definitely want my character to be traditional, (or used to have been traditional) worshipper of Rhalgr.  but where he stands now depends on how long ago it was that Theodoric created that religion based on Rhalgrs wife and all that.  Plus I'm just genuinely curious.

Thank you.

RE: Timeline? - Aysun - 02-26-2013

Sieg Wrote:Below is the timeline of the world of Hydaelyn. Continuous contributions will be made as new information surfaces. If you have a contribution, post it below and I will make sure to add it in. Top of the list is most recent, with the bottom being the oldest known point in history.

1577 - Present Day, beginning of Seventh Astral Era.

Seventh Umbral Era

1572 - The second invasion of Eorzea by the Garlean Empire. The Maelstrom, Order of the Twin Adder, and Immortal Flames are formed, followed by moderate skirmishes between Imperial Forces and Eorzean militias. Dalamud is called, prompting the reformation of the Eorzean Alliance, except for Isghard. Dalamud falls, the Seventh Umbral Era begins

1562 - The Battle of Silvertear Falls, Midgardsormr is slain, Mor Dhona is destroyed. The primals are unleashed upon Hydaelyn.

1557 - The first invasion of Eorzea by the Garlean Empire. Ala Mhigo is defeated and occupied by Imperial Forces. The Eorzean Alliance is formed from Lominsan, Ul'Dahn, Gridanian, and Ishgardian forces. The Garleans never advance in to the rest of Eorzea, causing the alliance to fall apart, and prompting the formation of the Adventurer's Guild to provide work for unemployed soldiers.

147X - Ala Mhigo invades Gridania, but are thwarted by Ul'Dahn, Ishgardian, and Lominsan reinforcements. This event is known as the Autumn war.

The Sixth Umbral Era of Water - Severe flooding caused the submersion and damage of many parts of Eorzea.

The Fifth Umbral Era of Ice. - The arrival of Miqo'te to Eorzean soil.

The Fourth Umbral Era of Earth - Destroyed the Allagan civilization.

The Third Umbral Era of Fire.

The Second Umbral Era of Lightning.

The First Umbral Era of Wind. Marked the end of the divine era and the beginning of men's age.

Not sure on the accuracy, because I'm unsure of a lot of the timeline things as well. Hopefully someone with super lore knowledge will know how good it is.

RE: Timeline? - Gospel Gestalt - 02-27-2013

There's still quite a few gaps in my list, but here's a compilation of what we know of the past in Eorzea. I sadly am severely lacking in: Monk, City-state, Warrior, Paladin and numerous beast tribe lore. So this list is far from being anywhere considered complete.

Please note that a few things in this time line are up to speculation but are noted to have happened at around the listed years by most critics. Hope it helps and if anyone has anything to add, it would greatly help in the further completion of this project.

-

*(YA) = Years Ago

----Eorzean Timeline----

First Umbral Era - Element: Wind
Unknown Time--- The wandering tribes began to war with each other. The Twelve (gods and goddesses) were angered and left the land of Eorzea to the tribes.

First Astral Era
Unknown Time--- The Age of Man begins.

Second Umbral Era - Element: Lightning
Unknown Time--- Nothing is known of this calamity.

Second Astral Era
Unknown Time--- Nothing is known of this era.

Third Umbral Era - Element: Fire
Unknown Time--- Speculation: Possibly the rise of Bahamut?

Third Astral Era
5000 (YA) ::-3428 ---
  • Allagan Empire founded. Expands the entire continent of Aldenard and possibly Vylbrand.
  • Allagan Empire constructs the Royal Allagan Sunway and Starway in present day Thanalan.
  • Allagan Empire imprisons Bahamut. Possibly what brought about the end of the Third Umbral era.

Fourth Umbral Era - Element: Earth
4000 (YA) ::-2428---Allagan Empire's destruction ushers in the Fourth Umbral Era. Possibly due to imprisonment of Bahamut.

Fourth Astral Era
Less than4000 (YA) more than 1500(YA) --- Nothing is known of this era.

Fifth Umbral Era - Element: Ice
Less than4000 (YA) more than 1500(YA) --- Ancestors of the Miqo'te tribes travel across the frozen seas following food.

Fifth Astral Era
1500 (YA) ---
  • Grand Companies come together to prepare for the Sixth Umbral era.
  • Many White Mages abuse their power and the art begins to die out.

Sixth Umbral Era - Element: Water
1500 (YA) ---
  • A Great Flood submerges and damages many parts of Eorzea. Possibly caused by the Archons.
  • Shatotto, a very talented thaumaturge, casts Meteor to bring down a 'Star' and uses the fragments to create the first Stardust Rod.

Sixth Astral Era
Dates are current to Sixth Astral calendar years.
~ denotes around the time of.

233 --- Lewphon of Sharlayan writes "The Five Ages - An Eorzean Chronology."
~572 ---
  • Hyur begin to migrate to Eorzea in three great migratory waves.
  • Founding fathers of Ishgard encounter Nidhogg. Haldrath takes up his slain sire's lance and thrusts it into Nidhogg's eye, becoming the first Dragoon.
~972 --- Sultan Sworn begin, swearing oath to the Sultan.
1022 --- The Ixali settle in Twelveswood calling it "Tinolqa" or "Blessed Forest" in the common tongue. They build houses in the trees and can fly.

1022 to 1422 --- Ixali are exiled from the Twelveswood by the Elementals. They travel to the canyons of Xelphatol. Their young begin to be born without the feathers on their wings that catch the winds and allow them to fly.
1272~1372 --- Sil'dih civilization is destroyed in it's war with Ul'dah. Was then said to be buried by sandstorms. Possibly could still be around. Aqueducts extended to Nophica's Well and the Copperbell Mines.
1422 --- Ixali invent the 'dirigbles' to make up for their lack of flight.
1468 --- Ala Mhigo invades the Twelveswood beginning the Autumn War.
1469 --- Ul'dah, Limsa Lomina, & Ishgard send reinforcements to Gridania. Ala Mhigo's offense is halted and eventually the Alliance wins and Ala Mhigo withdraws.
1472 ---
  • The Goblin Pilgrimage begins.
  • Ququruka creates Barbatos to destroy Eorzea.
1483~1492 --- Solus soz Galvus born. (Is said to be over 80 years old)
1521 --- The Empire of Garlemald founded under Solus zos Galvus.
1542 --- Toto-Rak sealed by Elder Seedseer.
1552~1556 ---
  • Theodorac proclaims himself the divine ruler of Ala Mhigo, stating that his right to the throne was the divine rule of Nymeia herself.
  • The monks of The Fist of Rhalgr begin to rebel against Theodorac.
  • Theodorac earns the title: The King of Ruin and labels any followers of The Fist of Rhalgr as heretics, starting a crusade to hunt them down.
  • Theodorac succeeds in eliminating most followers of The Fist of Rhalgr and continues to rule unchallenged.
1557 ---
  • After inciting unrest within the masses of Ala Mhigo, the Garleans are able to capture the city and proceed to occupy it.
  • Theodorac commits suicide rather than being dethroned by the Garleans.
  • Nidhogg destroys the town of Ferndale.
  • The Dragoon Ser Alberic meets Nidhogg in combat, Ser Alberic suffers injuries that make him lose his Dragoon powers.
  • Nidhogg begins it's slumber after suffering wounds.
1562 ---
  • The Garlean flagship Agrias invades Mor Dhona and does battle with the dragons. The Guardian of the Lake Midgarsormr appears and destroys the Agrias and the Garlean fleet. The battle is called Battle of Silvertear Skies
  • Primals are released with the Ceruleum explosion caused by the impact of the Agrias and Midgarsormr colliding with the Silvertear Lake.
  • Echo awakens in mass.
  • Mor Dhona's landscape begins to change in the resulting explosion and aetherial disturbances.
  • The City-state Main Scenarios Echo begin as we enter the world of Eorzea with our characters.
  • Beastmen are exiled from Ul'dah out of fear of being targeted by Garleans and economic competition.
  • The Bozja Citadel is destroyed in an experiment to bring down the lesser moon Dalamud.
  • The incident causes Cid and other engineers to leave for the City States.
  • The First Primal in Eorzea was supposedly summoned. Causing the Garleans to cease their advance into Eorzea.
1564 --- The Amalj'aa Summon Ifrit at Mythril Pit T-3.
1567 ---
  • The Sahagin become more aggressive and begin to attack.
  • Possibly the year that The Company of Heroes defeat Titan and Leviathan.
1571 --- The Empire resumes their advance into Eorzea under Nael van Darnus' and the VIIth Legion.
1572 --- The Present Day. Not going to list all the quests and happenings lol.

Seventh Umbral Era
1577--- A Realm Reborn.

(Special credit goes to: Noloe Tazier, Gospel Gestalt, Endemerrin Rosethorne, Mtoto Wamoto, Deirdre Ta'ea and the rest of the RPC who helped in the gathering and compiling of this lists contents.)

RE: Timeline? - Mtoto Wamoto - 02-27-2013

Ooo~ Another monk! I'm actually also having my character follow the teachings of the Fist of Rhalgr so maybe I can help with time line information in regards to that in particular.

Theodorac proclaimed himself the divine ruler of Ala Mhigo sometime around 1552, stating that his right to the throne was the divine rule of Nymeia herself. It was at this time that he also banned the worship or likeness of any other god and executed any who defied his uncontested rule. The followers of the Fist revolted, but Theodorac used the uprising of the monks as a reason to imprison them, torture them, and finally kill them. The King of Ruin launched a religious crusade of extermination once he found that the monks sought to throw him from power.

Around this time, or shortly after, Theodorac led a vast army to the main temple site of the Fist of Rhalgr. The army surrounded the temple and massacred all those within. It was on this day that the monkhood was nearly completely lost, save for a few survivors who might have escaped. 

From 1552 to 1557, Theodorac ruled without contest. The people of Ala Mhigo eventually got fed up with the daily public beheadings and the tyrannical rule of the king and revolted, storming the palace grounds. 

At this time, the XIV Imperial Legion, led by Gaius Van Baelsar, marched upon the city. Many of the citizens of Ala Mhigo saw the Garlean force as liberators at first. Couple this with the fact that the city was thrown into chaos, leaderless, and desperate for a new rule, the annexation and occupation of the city was relatively easy and happened near over night.

Anyways, hope that helped!

RE: Timeline? - Tyndles - 02-27-2013

Thank you for the timeline, and that last post was EXTREMELY helpful.  I think I'm able to visualize my character a bit better now.

He managed to escape (or was out of town at that time for some reason, I'll mull it over) and his faith was shaken, and he becomes an old drunkard.  (and later on he meets and teaches monksy things to others.  While still being a drunkard.)

An old, grouchy, drunken Lalafell.  This could be great.

RE: Timeline? - Gospel Gestalt - 02-27-2013

(02-27-2013, 02:17 AM)Mtoto Wamoto Wrote: Ooo~ Another monk! I'm actually also having my character follow the teachings of the Fist of Rhalgr so maybe I can help with time line information in regards to that in particular.

Theodorac proclaimed himself the divine ruler of Ala Mhigo sometime around 1552, stating that his right to the throne was the divine rule of Nymeia herself. It was at this time that he also banned the worship or likeness of any other god and executed any who defied his uncontested rule. The followers of the Fist revolted, but Theodorac used the uprising of the monks as a reason to imprison them, torture them, and finally kill them. The King of Ruin launched a religious crusade of extermination once he found that the monks sought to throw him from power.

Around this time, or shortly after, Theodorac led a vast army to the main temple site of the Fist of Rhalgr. The army surrounded the temple and massacred all those within. It was on this day that the monkhood was nearly completely lost, save for a few survivors who might have escaped. 

From 1552 to 1557, Theodorac ruled without contest. The people of Ala Mhigo eventually got fed up with the daily public beheadings and the tyrannical rule of the king and revolted, storming the palace grounds. 

At this time, the XIV Imperial Legion, led by Gaius Van Baelsar, marched upon the city. Many of the citizens of Ala Mhigo saw the Garlean force as liberators at first. Couple this with the fact that the city was thrown into chaos, leaderless, and desperate for a new rule, the annexation and occupation of the city was relatively easy and happened near over night.

Anyways, hope that helped!

Above post edited to reflect these events. The info you gave actually filled in a pretty large gap in the time line. Thanks tons for this, Mtoto!

RE: Timeline? - Noaleth - 02-27-2013

This is really useful to a player like me that's still relatively new to the FFXIV lore and universe.. this is a helpful addition, for sure! Thank you for posting up the timeline and additional info Thumbsup

RE: Timeline? - Aysun - 02-27-2013

Hopefully that post of Gospel's will end up on the wiki!

RE: Timeline? - Darkfae - 02-27-2013

This coupled with Merri's (*snickers*girlsname*snickers) overview of the main questline leading up to the Seventh Umbral Age are two musthaves for people who didn't get to all of the lore in the original game before it shut down.

That is a good question - will either of these two things be made into wiki pages?

I love you, Merri, don't kill me.

RE: Timeline? - Deirdre - 02-27-2013

It is being formatted for the new wiki, a long with a chunk of other Lore.

RE: Timeline? - Mtoto Wamoto - 08-07-2013

I posted this over on the lodestone lore subforums, but I figure I'd post it here as well since the OP hasn't updated the original post. Here are some updates to the timeline that are missing and or corrected. I'll add more as we continue to review everything. 

Fifth Umbral Era
The global ice age pushes man to the brink of survival.
Man discovers magic, bringing about the Fifth Astral Era.

Fifth Astral Era
Started some three thousand years ago. 
Man begins to seek mightier magics thus the arcane art of destruction is born through Black Magic.
White Magic, the arcane art of succor, is created to balance the force of chaos brought with the creation of Black Magic.
Darkness descends upon man, causing men to pervert their new-found powers, bringing about the Sixth Umbral Era.

Sixth Umbral Era
Started some fifteeen hundred and odd years ago. 
In order to purge the sins of avarice in man, the Twelve flood Eorzea.
A group of dark mages begin to wreck havoc upon the realm.
The Archons rise to battle the dark mages, yet one of the Archons, Ahldbhar, turns sides.
The Grand Companies are formed to ensure the realm survives, helping in bringing the Sixth Astral Era about.
Both Black and White Magic are abolished.

Sixth Astral Era
0 - Start of the Sixth Astral Era (1572 years ago from 1.0 start, 1577 years ago from ARR start.)
1572 - Bahamut is released from his prison, ushering in the Seventh Umbral Era. Warriors of Light vanish.

Seventh Umbral Era
5 - New adventurers begin to arrive in Eorzea.