Hydaelyn Role-Players
A RP FC Idea! Feedback? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: A RP FC Idea! Feedback? (/showthread.php?tid=17659)

A RP FC Idea! Feedback? - Strwaberry - 11-05-2016

Hello Hydaelyn.

I have been away from 14 for some time but I am back! And Over the time I have been thinking of starting a Free Company of my own! And I was just wanting to see if there is any interest  in my concept, if you all have any feedback or maybe if you can suggest one that already exists!

Ever since I started playing final fantasy, both my character and I have been deeply in love with Gridania. It's strong ties to nature, and it's natural beauty. And to me the Conjurer quest line perfectly shows what I love about my favorite place in Eoriza. It feels very druidical, and that is where a bud for my Free Company idea started to bloom.

I want to make a Free Company for Gridania, to honor nature and the planet. For the witches, botanists, and any of those who feel a connection to the spirituality of Eorzia to come together. To take care of the planet through almost drudaic traditions.

In less flowery terms I want to maybe have a sort of pagan FC, based on the religious history of FF14, focusing manly on Gridania and followers of Nophica. As a FC we would do RP projects to help nature, along with preform rituals and throw festivals in honor of the twelve. Again with a very druid like theme. 

I am probably not describing it as well as I should, but I was just wanting to see if the community had any feedback or if anyone has interest in a FC like this!

RE: A RP FC Idea! Feedback? - Faye - 11-05-2016

Sadly, I've noticed Gridania doesn't have as many dedicated role-players/characters as Ul'dah, Limsa Lominsa, and now probably Ishgard and maybe even Doma (tree hippies aren't "cool," pffft) so it may be hard to pick up members in the beginning, but I think it's a great idea! Smile It's definitely a concept that the server is lacking right now as far as FC's and LS's go.

RE: A RP FC Idea! Feedback? - Kilieit - 11-05-2016

Off the top of my head, people you might want to contact for interest checks are:
Carline Canopy Gridanian Linkshell
Shroud Life Nomad Linkshell

I'm not in either (yet - considering poking the latter) so I can't vouch for their activity or quality, but given the overlap in interests I thought it was pertinent to provide the links.

Personally I'm not currently looking for a free company at all, so I'm not a potential recruit, but best of luck no matter what you decide to do with the idea!

RE: A RP FC Idea! Feedback? - ExAtomos - 11-05-2016

(11-05-2016, 02:27 PM)Faye Wrote: Sadly, I've noticed Gridania doesn't have as many dedicated role-players/characters as Ul'dah, Limsa Lominsa, and now probably Ishgard and maybe even Doma (tree hippies aren't "cool," pffft) so it may be hard to pick up members in the beginning, but I think it's a great idea! Smile It's definitely a concept that the server is lacking right now as far as FC's and LS's go.

I've had friends say the same, but to my amusement (read: frustration), I'm aswim in Limsans and Gridanians (some friends of mine even run a Gridania-centric FC), but can't find anyone whose character focused on Ul'dah/IF/Thanalan. They may have a house in the Goblet, but that seems to be the extent of it. PLEASE tell me where I can find these folks hiding! xD

RE: A RP FC Idea! Feedback? - Strwaberry - 11-05-2016

Not having much luck figuring out how to get the idea out there. :/

RE: A RP FC Idea! Feedback? - Virella - 11-05-2016

Try starting of running events just as an LS, or a way to get people together? And maybe slowly make a FC after that?

I've been doing it for the Resistance Linkshell as well, it has been quite a success! It is just a matter of promoting your event, and you will be good to go.

I think seeing some more Gridanian based events would be awesome! I'd love to see them happening Smile!

RE: A RP FC Idea! Feedback? - Thunderbolt300 - 11-05-2016

(11-05-2016, 02:33 PM)Kilieit Wrote: Off the top of my head, people you might want to contact for interest checks are:
Carline Canopy Gridanian Linkshell
Shroud Life Nomad Linkshell

I'm not in either (yet - considering poking the latter) so I can't vouch for their activity or quality, but given the overlap in interests I thought it was pertinent to provide the links.

Yeah, I'll second this, and I'll go a step further and say that I most certainly can vouch for the activity and quality of at least Shroud Life (and you should totally join us, Kilie- not that I'm biased or anything). I haven't had a whole lot of luck with Carline quite yet, but I haven't been trying very hard there either.

As far as FC's go, they're not really all that required to get hooked in, as I found. You can fly solo, or just attach to a good place and leave it at that. If you do decide to found a FC, I would recommend getting into RP first, finding like minded people over time, and then if you can gather up maybe 5+ people who are passionate about it? Yeah, that's a recipe for an excellent FC launch. 

If you're just looking to get more RP? Then by all means, cast a wide net- don't limit yourself to just FC's and the like. My girl is a Gridanian at heart and she can show up pretty much anywhere, so you're certainly welcome to tap me to get some RP goin' if nothing else!

RE: A RP FC Idea! Feedback? - Valence - 11-06-2016

I have a soft spot for Gridanian stuff. I would offer to help more but I'm already stretched thin between LSes sadly.

RE: A RP FC Idea! Feedback? - Strwaberry - 11-06-2016

Thank you all for your replies. I will look into both link shells, although I am not sure the shroud life is exactly what I was thinking of, it still looks like a very fun place for RP! I did take the suggestion and registrar a linkshell which I will have to work on more fully, but if anyone wants to help out, or send feed back please do!  

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=17663