Hydaelyn Role-Players
Taking the plunge! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Taking the plunge! (/showthread.php?tid=17755)

Taking the plunge! - Mahina - 11-19-2016

Hiiiii c: 

I played the game last fall for a while, but had to stop due to real life issues. Came back about a week ago and opted to really go all out this time. I even made a wiki that doesn't look outright awful..(thankstocharactertemplates.)

--MMORPG background

I came over from both FFXI and WoW. My RP history is in FFXI and Neverwinter in the past few years. I stopped playing FFXIV around the time the XI event ended because I wanted to go back to Vana'diel and wrap up the story, but now I'm back. c: I progressive raided with a guild in WoW during my time as a main healer, but I'll look to join a group as a tank in FFXIV.

--RP experience

Noted in my MMORPG experience, but Neverwinter and FFXI were my big RP sets. Along with tabletop games since I was a wee kid, Vampire, Shadowrun, D&D, even BESM and whacky one off-ers.

--Character ideas/info

I've actually spent a few days getting settled back into the game and made a wiki last night for Ryleigh. She's recently gone down the path of a fighter/merc/adventurer and is eager to prove herself, even if it chances getting herself killed in the process. In short, she's a right mess.

--How did you learn about the coalition?

I was looking for FC listings to join for something for my character and found the RPC. c: All the places I want to join are closed currently, but I'm keeping my eyes open for others and/or if they open!

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

From what I was told of RP levels, I'm looking to be on the heavier side of medium. When I go into 'rp tag mode on,' I stay in character even when not RPing with anyone. Walking around, doing flavor text, etc. So far, no biters. I wonder if I'm offputting..? lol c':

--Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)

Not really, but if anyone feels like making a new RP contact, you can add me in-game @ Ryleigh Ruskin! 

I patrol the Mist Ward 12 sudivision or Ward 6 IC almost every evening and can be found loitering if you're looking for some quality private RP away from the city. 

RE: Taking the plunge! - Faye - 11-19-2016

Hello there, welcome back to FFXIV! Big Grin

RE: Taking the plunge! - Thunderbolt300 - 11-19-2016

Hey there, and welcome back aboard to the RPC and FFXIV! Thumbsup

RE: Taking the plunge! - Mahina - 11-20-2016

Thank you both! c:

RE: Taking the plunge! - Aya - 11-20-2016

Welcome back! :-D

RE: Taking the plunge! - Ayaka - 11-20-2016

Hey there and welcome! Big Grin If you see an Ayaka Yatsurugi lounging around, feel free to send a message <3

Also..
Quote:When I go into 'rp tag mode on,' I stay in character even when not RPing with anyone. Walking around, doing flavor text, etc. So far, no biters. I wonder if I'm offputting..? lol c':

Honestly, I just think that there's a lot of shy RPers in the game xD I know I'm one of them. I usually take from 10mins to 1 hour preparation of psyching myself up enough to approach someone--And then cry because said person already left haha... ha... ; u ;

Also, a lot of them standing around in QS, waiting for people to walk up to them--It's like being in proms and people just too shy to ask someone to dance with them, yeah? XD Don't give up with what yer doing! Someone will definitely bite one day!

BTW, reading the RPC profile and Ryleigh is adorable Big Grin [sup]Also she knows Reiner Castle! Oh no xD[/sup]

RE: Taking the plunge! - Random Encounter - 11-20-2016

Hey there, welcome back to FFXIV and the RPC!

As for the Quicksand thing, as others said, a LOT of wallflowers and shy people so probably nothing wrong on your side. That said, if I ever see you around, I'll be sure to give you a friendly poke!

(11-20-2016, 06:45 AM)Ayaka Wrote: Hey there and welcome! Big Grin If you see an Ayaka Yatsurugi lounging around, feel free to send a message <3

Also..
Quote:When I go into 'rp tag mode on,' I stay in character even when not RPing with anyone. Walking around, doing flavor text, etc. So far, no biters. I wonder if I'm offputting..? lol c':

Honestly, I just think that there's a lot of shy RPers in the game xD I know I'm one of them. I usually take from 10mins to 1 hour preparation of psyching myself up enough to approach someone--And then cry because said person already left haha... ha... ; u ;

Also, a lot of them standing around in QS, waiting for people to walk up to them--It's like being in proms and people just too shy to ask someone to dance with them, yeah? XD Don't give up with what yer doing! Someone will definitely bite one day!

BTW, reading the RPC profile and Ryleigh is adorable Big Grin [sup]Also she knows Reiner Castle! Oh no xD[/sup]

Thank you all for the replies. c: I've had a few pokes of interest, so it's nice to get RP going! 

Ayaka, yes, I know Reiner! He's the one Ryleigh hired to train her. It's been hilarious so far, but I'm loving the sessions. Some good RP on this server. ; v ; Happy.

If I ever see you around, I'll at least poke OOC and say hiya c: 

Feeling very welcome here. I wish I had joined the RPC back when I got the game!

RE: Taking the plunge! - Sileas Bishop - 11-20-2016

Hi! Big Grin Welcome to the site! I'd love to RP with you sometime if you'd like! I'm typically on Sileas Bishop in game, she's pretty easy to get along with IC! She definitely loves to make new friends.

(11-20-2016, 05:53 PM)Sileas Bishop Wrote: Hi! Big Grin Welcome to the site! I'd love to RP with you sometime if you'd like! I'm typically on Sileas Bishop in game, she's pretty easy to get along with IC! She definitely loves to make new friends.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. c: I'll be sure to add you to friends asap!

Also, for those interested, I was advised to get a Discord account for chitchat/RP offline! 

Ryleigh9907 is up to be added if you want to RP with me. c: