Hydaelyn Role-Players
Greetings! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Greetings! (/showthread.php?tid=18102)

Greetings! - Mholi'to Valrei - 01-05-2017

Hello from a fresh Balmung transfer!

While this will be my first foray into MMO roleplaying, I've found myself enjoying the forum and tabletop varieties so it made sense to give this a swing. As for my previous MMO experience, FFXIV is my second one and I've been a midcore raider off and on for a while now. Overwatch is currently my other love when time permits between this game and my studies.

Still reading up on the mountains of lore for the time being, but my character might turn out to be a doman refugee archer who has shows interest in learning conjury of the non-hearing sort.  Thank you to those that have posted lore compilations and newbie guides on the site! They have been quite helpful so far.

I will likely be in the medium-heavy range of intensity once I get my bearings, but until then would anyone have any suggestions to get my feet wet?  Possibly a more casual event where I can watch some rp in action from the sidelines?

If you see a sprout Kuina Bakuro in game, feel free to give me a gentle prod Moogle

Thanks

RE: Greetings! - Faye - 01-05-2017

Hello there, welcome to Balmung! Big Grin

RE: Greetings! - Deahfel - 01-05-2017

Hello and welcome to Balmung! I would check out the RP event calendar if you are looking for an event to spectate or I could point you in the direction of any that I hear about. If you are looking for someone to RP with to get your feet wet or even someone just to go with to a social type event on the calendar I would be happy to tag along.

Looking forward to seeing you in FF or in Overwatch! Big Grin

RE: Greetings! - Syranelle Ironleaf - 01-05-2017

Hey there and welcome to Balmung!

The best place to start is with the Balmung RP Calendar and finding a few events that angle toward the kind of RP you're interested in.  Then you can start looking at other character profiles once you've found a few characters or personalities you'd like to meet.  While you're window shopping, be sure to check out the Free Company Hall or the Linkshell Hall to find Free Companies and public groups that may suit your character.

For lore questions, be sure to check out Sounsyy's Lore Compilations; she's done an amazing job with compiling a lot of the game lore into easy-to-find threads!

You're welcome to add me to your friends list; I'm a fairly busy person, both in-game and out, but I'm always happy to schedule/arrange a day to roleplay with folks!  You're also welcome to come out to my Free Company's open roleplay evening Nights on the Toll, which happens every Thursday that I'm not hosting the Gridania Story-Go-Round.

All that said, I hope you find what you're looking for and hopefully I'll see you around in-game!

RE: Greetings! - Ririla Rila - 01-05-2017

Omnomnomnom! We like fresh transfers Big Grin Welcome to the RPC and welcome to Balmung! You'll find all the RP of your wildest dreams here, the community is very kind and open-hearted, dive right in!

RE: Greetings! - Thunderbolt300 - 01-05-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard! Thumbsup

Aside from the recommendations to visit community events, there's also the Quicksand Adventurer's Guild in Ul'dah which focuses a whole boatload of RP in one place where you can watch and observe freely. The chat scroll can be a real bother to keep up with though, but this is the premiere place for 'random' RP PUG's. It's certainly not required by any stretch to survive and fill out an entire evening with RP, though! 

Apart from that, when you're ready, toss up a Making Connections post here on the forums with what you're angling for, and what types of characters you'd like Kuina to have a chance to meet!

RE: Greetings! - Aya - 01-05-2017

Yay! Welcome!  This is a wonderful place to start RPing, though its not always easy.  Feel free to come here for advice or help meeting people!  There's also the fun little chatbox at the bottom of your screen, handy for making some friends!

RE: Greetings! - Mholi'to Valrei - 01-05-2017

Thank you very much for the warm welcome and suggestions.  Hope to be contacting some folks for some roleplaying soon!

RE: Greetings! - Ryslo Suramlo - 01-05-2017

(01-05-2017, 03:20 AM)Kuina Wrote: Hello from a fresh Balmung transfer!

While this will be my first foray into MMO roleplaying, I've found myself enjoying the forum and tabletop varieties so it made sense to give this a swing. As for my previous MMO experience, FFXIV is my second one and I've been a midcore raider off and on for a while now. Overwatch is currently my other love when time permits between this game and my studies.

Still reading up on the mountains of lore for the time being, but my character might turn out to be a doman refugee archer who has shows interest in learning conjury of the non-hearing sort.  Thank you to those that have posted lore compilations and newbie guides on the site! They have been quite helpful so far.

I will likely be in the medium-heavy range of intensity once I get my bearings, but until then would anyone have any suggestions to get my feet wet?  Possibly a more casual event where I can watch some rp in action from the sidelines?

If you see a sprout Kuina Bakuro in game, feel free to give me a gentle prod Moogle

Thanks

Welcome to Hydaelyn Roleplayers! I was a recently transfer about three or so weeks ago and I can only say this: This Community is very welcoming and if you have any questions, comments or even concerns you can always feel comfortable reaching out to anyone and i'm certain they'll steer you in the right direction.