Hydaelyn Role-Players
Yo! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Yo! (/showthread.php?tid=18325)

Yo! - Xime - 01-24-2017

Well, I finally forced myself out of my comfort zone so I can (hopefully) find more people to RP with! I've been RPing within a small circle of friends since I began FFXIV, but it's come to the point where I desire more because I'm insatiable.

I do already have an established character, though the whole wiki thing sounds a bit intimidating at this point aghjsdhsk;;  Still thinkin' on actually transferring to Balmung, though.

â–ºMMORPG background
Quote:Runescape, Ragnarok Online, Ragnarok Online 2, Maplestory, Mabinogi, FLyFF, Lineage II, Granado Espada, Aion, Tera, Blade and Soul, and now FFXIV!

â–ºRP experience
Quote:I've never RPed in a MMO setting, but I've been RPing for years otherwise! I definitely do prefer one-on-one RPs versus big group things, so this is a bit harrowing;;

â–ºCharacter ideas/info
Quote:Here's a link to a really old gdoc I whipped up for friends! I also have an Au Ra alt I'm planning on RPing with soon, but one at a time for now;;

â–ºHow did you learn about the coalition?
Quote:I can't...remember if I'm tbh. Probably through a friend who's been playing FFXIV for years!

â–ºWhat kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?
Quote:Probably light to medium since I'm testing the waters. I don't know if I can ever be truly IC in-game (the mentality just doesn't come to me, or hasn't, I guess), but some light IC interactions with the characters are cute! RPing via docs/notes/discord is my comfort zone, so I can definitely be a lot more into it all in those spaces.

►Anything from real life you'€™re comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)
Quote:I draw! Here's a snippet from a ref sheet I'm working on for C'pahsh!

I hope to get to know some great people and characters!! TvT

RE: Yo! - Thunderbolt300 - 01-24-2017

Hey there, and welcome aboard to the RPC! Thumbsup

Balmung is definitely worth the money to transfer over, especially if you're primarily motivated by weaving storylines and doing RP. You'll have more than what you'll know to do with, honestly!

RE: Yo! - foxfirestorm - 01-24-2017

Hey there and welcome to the Hydaelyn forums!
We got a ton of great people here and just as friendly of communities all over the place!

I would suggest the idea before you transfer, to really check on the other servers as well that are building RP communities. Such as Siren, Jenova, and the one I'm with, Mateus (and there could be others as well, but that take a look into Linkshells Others to find). This is more important perhaps if you haven't gotten that far with your character, as these are not locked up nearly 24/7.

If you have gotten pretty far with your character and/or your not making a new alt, then you might fully enjoy Balmung. It has RP about everywhere, much like a big city, versus a small town (such as those starting up). It can get frantic at times, but it can also be great fun!

Whatever your choice is in the end though, I wish you best of luck out there and I hope you, along with your friends have fun!

RE: Yo! - Ririla Rila - 01-25-2017

Welcome to the RPC! if you do end up moving to balmung, gimme a poke for roleplay and fun times! Big Grin hope you enjoy your time here~

RE: Yo! - Xime - 01-26-2017

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!! I'm definitely switching at least two characters to Balmung tomorrow, so I hope to see some of you there!

RE: Yo! - Ni♥ - 01-26-2017

Welcome to the RPC and I hope you enjoy your new life on Balmung!

Hope to see you around o/