Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Kismet - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Kismet (/showthread.php?tid=18461)

Kismet - Kismet - 02-03-2017

I. Basic Info
  • Characters:
    Y'raja Lhiza, Kinsei Hoshikawa, Qajira Orben, Shaziya Argali
    (Please see signature for links to bios!)
  • Primary Character:
    I'd like to say that I RP all of my characters interchangeably... but Y'raja's been around the longest and has the most development.
  • Linkshells: Sonder, Verdant Enclave
  • Primary RP Linkshell: Sonder

II. RP Style
  • Amount of RP (Light, Medium, Heavy):
    I am a Medium-Heavy RPer, although I do engage in dungeon and EX runs. (Not a PvPer or hardcore raider by any means... unless there's glamour gear I'm dying to have.) I hover in-between short post style and paragraph post style, leaning towards the latter. You can go ahead and toss me in the "lore nazi" pile, but I'm not militant about it.
  • Views on RP Combat/Injuries:
    I prefer to discuss intense injuries in advance. We don't have to make a production out of it, just a simple OOC "Hey, are you comfortable if xyz happens?" is sufficient.

As for combat, I am not a fan of dice rolls and/or stat sheets. You can privately ask me for my reasoning on this. I prefer to use the honor system and I consider my give-and-take ratio to be quite fair. If this is an issue, I can just sit out on combat events/portions with no hard feelings!
  • Views on IC Romance:
    I enjoy romance RP, but I want relationships to develop in a fairly organic fashion. Flirting with my characters is fine and welcome. No permission to court them necessary. Foreplay is fine, but straight-up ERP kind of bores me, tbh.

I am also comfortable with multiple styles of romance RP. I will do (and have done) hetero, same sex, poly/open, platonic, etc. As far as tone, I'll do anything that ranges from passionate to sickly sweet and cute.
  • Views on Non-Romantic RP (Family Ties, etc.):
    Totally fine with all sorts of RP as long as there's consent and good OOC communication as to what is and isn't acceptable. Above all else, I enjoy RP that is meaningful and contributes to character development. While 100% of the RP I do may not necessarily qualify as that, most of it does.
  • Views on Lore:
    I am a stickler for lore. My RP philosophy essentially boils down to "adhere to and bend the lore as much as you can without breaking it". Creativity and headcanon are fine, provided they are within reason by the universe's standards and actually serve a purpose. I prefer to ask "why" before I ask "how". If it doesn't add to the character(s) and/or the plot(s) they're involved in, I'll probably feel that it doesn't really need to be included.
  • Views on Chat Functions (/say, /linkshell, etc):
    I do the majority of my RP via /say and /em. I will follow the guidelines of whatever FCs/LSs I join in terms of how those are handled (i.e. if FC chat is IC, I'm fine with it... if FC chat is OOC, I'm also fine with it). I can RP over Discord in a forum post-esque style as well, but I'm not the biggest fan of it.

If anything unsavory or questionable is to be RPed, then I obviously delegate to /party or /tell.

III. Other Info
  • Timezone: EST
  • Contact Info: Discord (Kismet#5943), Enjin Profile. I also accept PMs right here on RPC!